Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Really glad to hear that you're so happy with the new bits Dale! I have the exact same front brake setup on mine and I've always been impressed with them! I had to properly use them the other day and it surprised me again how good they were!

And glad you like the exhaust too - definitely one of the best mods you can do on these cars!

Reactions: Dystant
Looks like you are a very happy bunny Dale..well done..
why did you have it done so far from Manchester??
also the m1144 are really good..had them on and was very happy with the performance they delivered..

Really glad to hear that you're so happy with the new bits Dale! I have the exact same front brake setup on mine and I've always been impressed with them! I had to properly use them the other day and it surprised me again how good they were!

And glad you like the exhaust too - definitely one of the best mods you can do on these cars!

I've not had to use them properly yet, but I did a few morderate 70-0 brakes when no one was around and was very very impressed, I didn't want to do it too harsh as I'm scared of damaging them as they're still pretty new :tearsofjoy:

Looks like you are a very happy bunny Dale..well done..
why did you have it done so far from Manchester??
also the m1144 are really good..had them on and was very happy with the performance they delivered..

Had it done so far away because they gave me a cracking price for all the work, saving me roughly £400 over the other few quotes I'd had, which for the sake of £30 petrol for the journey is worth it.

Paid about £750 in total, that was for new exhaust fitted, new exhaust manifold fitted and full Cambelt service including dephaser :thumb:

Proper job mate :smile:

The enjoyment WILL grow accordingly i promise with brakes and exhaust in particular..........

You're not wrong there, I've been looking forward to my commute every day this week just so I can crack the window and put my foot down!

:track:

Reactions: Jimmy
Miltek none res decat and manifold toyo decat is what I'm running on mine and it sounds amazing. Glad you're happy with it! I know I can't help but drive mine hard everywhere I go now with the exhaust fitted.

Reactions: DS197
Get an eezibleed kit as it makes the job easier on your own. You'll have no problem doing it yourself from the work you have done so far.
Just had a look and seems cheap enough. Any other tools needed to change fluid?
You need one of these guys. No need to worry about running the reservoir dry. Best piece of kit I've bought and I've been doing DIY mechanics for years.

Is there any way to drain coolant to clean the coolant tank and then add it back in? It's so grimy inside it's really bugging me :tearsofjoy:

Also, are there any other black wheel nuts people can recommend apart from the TPI ones?

Is there any way to drain coolant to clean the coolant tank and then add it back in? It's so grimy inside it's really bugging me :tearsofjoy:

Also, are there any other black wheel nuts people can recommend apart from the TPI ones?

To be honest if you're draining a little then you might as well go the whole hog and renew the whole lot. 5Ltrs of the Type D is only around £15 anyway!

To be honest if you're draining a little then you might as well go the whole hog and renew the whole lot. 5Ltrs of the Type D is only around £15 anyway!

It was only changed about 3 days ago with the new water pump that was fitted though so the coolant itself is brand new, it's just the tank that's filthy.

It was only changed about 3 days ago with the new water pump that was fitted though so the coolant itself is brand new, it's just the tank that's filthy.

Ah ok. You could take the hose off the tank, obviously with something underneath it, but you'd still have to bleed the system after topping up.

So anybody have any suggestions as to what I might want to mod before I get the car remapped?

I would have suggested reprofiled cams whilst doing your cambelt. May still be worth doing matched inlets

I would have suggested reprofiled cams whilst doing your cambelt. May still be worth doing matched inlets

Yeah shame I've just had the Cambelt done.

What's matched inlets? Not familiar with it.
Also what does it cost/what benefit does it have?

Yeah shame I've just had the Cambelt done.

What's matched inlets? Not familiar with it.
Also what does it cost/what benefit does it have?
It's smoothing out the inside of the inlet manifold and reducing the lip between the two parts iirc. Helps with the airflow resulting in a better midrange and top end. You won't see huge gains, but there are improvements to be had. In terms of cost i'm not really sure what to expect but I'd hazard around the £100 - £150 mark. Happy to be corrected on that though!

yeah..matched inlets is about £300 mark last time i checked..may have gone down on price though...exhaust,upgraded cams,induction kit...
you asked:french:

Think the cheaper bolts look a bit rough after a few months Dale. I bought the cheaper ones and now thinking of chrome covers to hide them...

Fair enough think I'll steer clear then and just get the TPI ones further down the line, thanks bud :smile:

It's smoothing out the inside of the inlet manifold and reducing the lip between the two parts iirc. Helps with the airflow resulting in a better midrange and top end. You won't see huge gains, but there are improvements to be had. In terms of cost i'm not really sure what to expect but I'd hazard around the £100 - £150 mark. Happy to be corrected on that though!

@Pav said more towards £300 so think it's gonna be a miss on that one :tearsofjoy:

@Pav said more towards £300 so think it's gonna be a miss on that one :tearsofjoy:
I don't blame you! :smile: I think it's fair to say it's done by those who want the most bhp possible out of the engine. Sometimes you can get lucky and get both manifold halves for £50, but normally the top one sells for £80+ on it's own. I'd just get the remap and enjoy it as i'm sure you'll be more than happy with the performance afterwards.

Dale, if you don't have induction mods then that's definitely worth looking at, but I'm of the opinion that most of them are pants and will possibly lose you a few horses but sound pretty good. A few people who I would trust entirely have said the R3 is the only proper way to do it but it's a massive ballache having to move move the battery and chop your car up a bit. But anything else seems to be drawing in too much hot air to me.

But yeah, I'd do some thorough induction research and have a think as it makes sense to have it all mapped at the same time so everything is doing the best it can.

As for anything else, to me it would only make sense to do everything all at once as they're all such tiny incremental differences that there's just no way you're really going to notice anything and you'll be spending quite a lot for tiny gains.

Unless of course you want to throw cams into the mix. But again, thats a VERY pricey do for some only slightly larger gains.

Modifying these cars in NA form is basically an 80% crapshoot unless you're going to go the whole hog and spend £6,000ish on a built motor +ECU +install. Daft thing is, many people spend this on loads and loads of little mods (I'm as bad as anyone) where if they put it all together they could have a pretty dependable 2.2ltr, 250bhp of 8,000 rpm brilliance.

To me there's two ways to do these cars. Basic set up and get them breathing nice and running sweet and then drive it like you stole it. Or save save save and go big. Half measures cost a lot for very very little.

Unless you wanna start spending bigger money, induction is the only thing I'd look at really.

Just my 2p mate. Hope it helps.