Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

White hoses make a good change. Must be a bitch to keep clean?

Yeah they pick up dirt really quickly, it's such a pain! They look really good when they're clean though so it's worth it :smiley:

VERY-VERY nice Dale.

Like me: your let down by the expansion tank somewhat now. Why does every single one you see look like that ! ?

***I feel an idea coming on :smile:

Yeah the tank looks horrible! It pains every time I see it as I'm unable to clean inside it! :excited: Hopefully when I get my coolant changed along with cambelt/water pump etc next week it will look less brown? Pretty sure it's not supposed to be that colour haha :tearsofjoy:

EDIT: If you give it a little bang on top, you can get most of the droplets off the top of it so it looks a little better when taking pictures.

Awesome dale!

Really on a spending spree at the minute :smiley:

Let us know how you get on with changing the discs!

To be fair the pipe was only like £3.50 for 1m of it off eBay :tearsofjoy:

Yeah will probably post some pics up tomorrow if I get chance to fit them, fingers crossed it doesn't rain all day!

Looking good with the white pipes, Dale! Hope all goes well with the discs, and that you like the change from OEM!

Reactions: Dystant
Yeah they pick up dirt really quickly, it's such a pain! They look really good when they're clean though so it's worth it :smiley:

Yeah the tank looks horrible! It pains every time I see it as I'm unable to clean inside it! :excited: Hopefully when I get my coolant changed along with cambelt/water pump etc next week it will look less brown? Pretty sure it's not supposed to be that colour haha :tearsofjoy:

EDIT: If you give it a little bang on top, you can get most of the droplets off the top of it so it looks a little better when taking pictures.

Tank needs removing and pressure washing out etc when doing a coolant change IMO. Thats what i'll do.

Gonna make a cover for it also i think as my next project :smile:

Does anybody know whether the projector headlights for the 200 ever came with silver inserts rather than black?

I've only ever seen them with black but I'm not a fan and prefer silver.

So managed to change rear discs + calipers today, and it only took me about 4 hours :tearsofjoy:

To be fair though, it took me 3 hours to do the first side, and then once I knew what I was doing the second was easy peasy!

RimqvK8.jpg

One of the calipers was stuck to the disc (yes I had the handbrake off :tongueout: ) I'm thinking the pads were stuck, so after changing the car drives a smoother/feels slightly faster which would make sense if the pads weren't retracting fully causing constant braking on that disc.

Shame I ran out of light, will have to change the fronts next week :worried:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy
Great work Dale :smile:

You think the problem was due to the pads sticking to the caliper itself; and not coming back as the piston retracts ?

Great work Dale :smile:

You think the problem was due to the pads sticking to the caliper itself; and not coming back as the piston retracts ?

Yeah I think so, because the handbrake was off but one of the calipers was 'stuck' to the disc.

Had to disassemble the caliper on the disc in order to get it off.
Good work dale :smile:

Hope you put the calliper back lol!!

Was it supposed to go back on? :think:
I'm sure it will be fine :thumb:

Those discs look really cool mate. And a nice solution to the inevitable rust problem further up the line.

Reactions: Dystant
Good work Dale! Can I ask, do you have experience of doing mechanical stuff, or are you learning as you go? Just curious with all the stuff you've been doing recently :grinning: