Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Wow just had a catch up on this thread seems your going all out mate :thumb:

If you read my first post in this thread I think I said somewhere I didn't want to mod the car performance wise...

Now I've got a Miltek and remap planned, funny how things change :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sean197
If you read my first post in this thread I think I said somewhere I didn't want to mod the car performance wise...

Slippery slope! I said I'd never modify my clio and here I am having spent 7k in the last year lol Happens to the best of us!

Reactions: ///M
Good choice..think you will want a bit more noise after a few months though...
:thumb:

Haha not so sure Pav... The sound of yours has perhaps blown out all the memory in your head of how a quieter system can sound :wink:

I certainly never wanted anymore from my resonated scorpion. Do want some more in this one though!

Reactions: Dystant
Still good to go quieter and then decide whether you want more...

Yeah this was my logic behind it, it's better to go quieter and want it louder than for it to be too loud and have to remove it.

Plus mines a cup anyway and IIRC they took a lot of the sound dampening out to save weight so it should sound plenty loud inside the car :smiley:

Last edited:

Funny how things change eh :smile: .

Do you plan to have the car put on a rolling road when the mods are fitted ?

Funny how things change eh :smile: .

Do you plan to have the car put on a rolling road when the mods are fitted ?

Yeah I'll be looking at getting it remapped at RS Tuning in Leeds, from what I'm aware they do the remap with the car on rolling road :smile:

I'am interested to see what power it makes :tonguewink:

I wouldn't mind having mine put through its pace's on a rolling road . How much does a RR session cost these days ?

I'am interested to see what power it makes :tonguewink:

I wouldn't mind having mine put through its pace's on a rolling road . How much does a RR session cost these days ?

From a quick search I couldn't find anything conclusive, people quoting anything from £50-200, who knows... you'd have to ring somewhere local to you and find out :smile:

This weekend the Clio is getting well and truly spoiled...
  • Cambelt, auxiliary belt, water pump, dephaser pulley, coolant all being replaced
  • New exhaust manifold being fitted
  • Miltek resonated exhaust being fitted
  • MTEC dimpled grooved discs all round
  • New brake pads all round
She's going to feel like a new car :smiley:

EDIT: also got promoted today at work, so this years off to a great start!

Bloody hell Dale!

Firstly, congrats on the promotion, that ought to free up some more funds for throwing at the car!

Secondly, sounds like you need it!

:smiley:

Great list there and good to see maintenance being treated as just as important as upgrades.

Reactions: Nejjam
From a quick search I couldn't find anything conclusive, people quoting anything from £50-200, who knows... you'd have to ring somewhere local to you and find out :smile:

Yeah will do when i get it out in the spring . I'am not that far from you to be honest i noticed from your pictures that i worked on your building some years ago when they were being converted into apartments . I did the sandblasting on the brick work and steel on them :smile:

• Cambelt, auxiliary belt, water pump, dephaser pulley, coolant all being replaced

Small fortune being spent there :smile:

Congrats also on being promoted .

Reactions: Foxspeed
Congrats on the promotion Dale! Well-timed with the spending spree coming up too :smile: Hopefully the year will carry on for you in the same way (as in good luck, not spending a ton on the car :smiley: )

Promotion ? Your gonna need a second job if you carry on like this !

Seriously. HUGE congrats on the promotion. And roll on picking up the new car :smile:

Congrats Dale :smile: Pleased for you!

Thanks for the kind words every one, really appreciate it :thumb:

Having caught the detailing bug and the urge for more power creeping up, this promotion couldn't have come at a better time :tearsofjoy:

And, to top it all off, my promotion was backdated to the 1st of January, so I get a full months wage at my new salary! Absolutely chuffed.