Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
Hi all,

Been lurking a while but finally decided to put together a progress thread, hopefully get some feedback and possibly some suggestions :smile:.

So here's a few pictures of the car when I first got her:

VYvax1el.jpg

gjdJmo2l.jpg

TPuCxgtl.jpg

I don't really have any plans to do any power mods I'm fairly happy with the power of the car, and from what I can piece together reading posts on here you have to spend a small fortune to see any real performance gains.

So my first mod was to sort out the interior a little bit, got myself some custom made floor mats with the renault sport logo (messaged the ebay seller with a picture of the logo I wanted on and he happily did it for me), and purchased some white carbon vinyl to wrap the dash trim as the plain grey was a little dull for my liking (this needs redoing though as it's started to bubble up on the edges :worried: )

0lnZ0hgl.jpg

8t6ckiKl.jpg

XxxeHNhl.jpg

2o210yQl.jpg

Next on the list was to get rid of those horrible grey wheel caps which Renault decided was a good idea to supply with black alloys. After looking on Fleabay and seeing the black RS ones at £40 odd for a set, I just decided to spray them black, so nipped to halfrauds and got some plastic primer and satin black spray.

YdFYQ90l.jpg

jejjtarl.jpg

84FvwVWl.jpg

Took about 2 days sanding down, priming, waiting to dry then spraying black then waiting to dry, but I think they turned out really well, and the Halfrauds satin black spray is a pretty damn close colour match.

After the car being in and out of the garage for 4/5 weeks the mechanics went to town on my seatbelts and the once pearl white was now a musky brown, so they had to be cleaned. I got a nail brush from Tesco and some generic upholstery cleaner and gave em a good scrub they cleaned quite nicely but I reckon I could have done a better job with a bit more elbow grease.

Before:

iNkZGlsl.jpg

After:

kJFa0kfl.jpg

By this point I was getting sick of the fried egg indicator look on the front and back, so invested in some osram daidem indicator bulbs. I was tempted to go with the daidem chrome so they blended in, but I really like the blue hint the standard daidem ones have.

iXn2GJXl.jpg

OUXo9BIl.jpg

vZjEN5Xl.jpg

Done

• Osram Daidem indicator bulbs
  • Spray wheel centre caps black
  • RS matts
  • Wrap dash trim

To-Do

• Recaro seats (probably way in the future as they're pretty expensive)
  • Projector headlights
  • 3D Gel resin number plates
  • Replace headlight bulbs with whiter/bluer ones, not decided yet
  • Powerflex lower engine mounts and upper torque arm brush
  • Match wing mirrors (last owner must have knocked one off and decided it would be awesome to replace it with the one off a clio197, so they don't match (this bugs me a lot, but they're like £40 to replace))
  • Spray wing mirrors once matching gloss black
  • Replace all wheel nuts with black ones (currently got some cheap covers on them as they were starting to show rust)
  • Grooved brake discs
  • Ceramic brake pads possibly... constant brake dust is driving me mad
  • Reacquire two cold air feed pipes as the last owner removed them completely when he added the K&N cone filter
  • Spray centre console and vent inserts satin black
  • RS Gearknob (probably way in the future as £90 is a bit OTT for a gearknob ... but it does look nice)
  • Get wheel refurbed/resprayed, last owner scuffed them quite a bit and painted over them with what looks like black nail varnish

That's all for now, thanks for reading and any suggestions are welcome :smiley:

Last edited:
Looks great mate! Projectors would finish off the front lovely too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car looks brilliant mate! Looking forward to seeing it's progress.

Quick question, how did you get the centre caps off.. did you have to remove the wheels ? I've tried before with wheels on and couldn't do it! Mine look terrible and would be good to get them sorted. Thanks

Looks great mate! Projectors would finish off the front lovely too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely forgot about projectors. I was looking at some on eBay last month, there was a pair that sold for £110 but I couldn't afford them at the time, you've reminded me so I'm gonna add them to the todo list :smile:

Car looks brilliant mate! Looking forward to seeing it's progress.

Quick question, how did you get the centre caps off.. did you have to remove the wheels ? I've tried before with wheels on and couldn't do it! Mine look terrible and would be good to get them sorted. Thanks

You can get them off without taking the wheels off and without damaging them, but your gonna need to spend about £1 on one of these phone pry tool sets.

I used the long pen looking pry tool to carefully pop off the renault logos from the caps (be really careful do each corner a little bit at a time or you'll risk the legs snapping), once the logos are off you'll need to give the area in the middle a clean. Take the small suction cup thingy and stick it in the middle of the cap and pull it off, it can take a while if they're really stuck in but that's how I got mine out. You may have to cut down the suction cup to fit between where the slits are otherwise it might not suction onto it.

In my opinion this was easier than it would have been to remove all four wheels, but I already had the pry tool kit above from when I repaired my phone.

Last edited:
[MENTION=54584]Dystant[/MENTION] Brilliant, thanks a lot! I've ordered one of those kits and will try get them done this week.

Reactions: Toomer
Very nice looking car, and some good additions so far - I like the mats. That is a little lazy of the previous owner with the odd wing mirrors! Maybe a breakers yard will have one for cheaper than £40.

Reactions: Toomer
[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] Yeah the mats are pretty decent quality for the £30 that I paid, didn't really wanna pay £50 for the official Renault RS ones. & Cheapest I've been quoted used from a breakers yard is £35, not including postage. I'll just have to bite the bullet at some point, but for the time being I've got a functioning set so it's not that high of a priority.

Does anybody know what might be causing the top of the bumper to be misaligned? From the front on some of the pictures you can see the left side sticking up and the bonnet doesn't seem even?

I'm gonna take the bumper off at some point and try make sure it's not catching on anything/make sure it's seated properly, but has anyone had a similar problem or know what it might be?

Any updates mate?

I got these numberplates and they are quality. Got them to remove postcode and BS number so they are completely clean.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-UK-FON...594980?hash=item4d4f572ce4:g:SpwAAOSwA4dWH4vx

Yeah I got those exact ones from the same seller, although I couldn't be fussed risking not having the markings on as all it takes it ones funny MOT tester or one fussy officer to say they're illegal and tell me to change them etc, but they look so much better without the markings.

Not managed to take any pics in the daylight yet though of the number plates but been busy sorting little bits out so will be posting an update here soon :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate
About time I updated this thread a little bit...

So about 14 weeks ago my car went to the dealership under their warranty to fix a "braking fault" dash error issue and a grinding noise from the engine.

Grinding noise turned out to be dephaser pulley which was sorted fairly quickly, but after them taking the car to 4/5 different garages nobody could resolve this braking fault.

At this point it had been about 3 weeks and they decided to take it to directly to Renault who investigated and said it needed a new ABS hydraulic block.

From what I could gather this part is specific to the chassis type and mine being the CUP chassis Renault were having trouble sourcing the part. Renault said it could be up to 3 months for them to get the part and fit it and because the ABS was currently malfunctioning I was unable to get the car back during this period.

So 13 weeks went by without my car (the first 4 weeks of this I went by without a replacement car, but the dealership gave me a rental car which they paid for for the rest of the time I was without my car) and Renault were finally done with it, but because my car had been there 3 months by this point the MOT had expired and after discussion with the dealership they agreed to sort the MOT for me.

The initial test failed due to excessive front near side balljoint play and offside front anti roll bar severely distorted, so as a good will gesture to me they sorted these issues and after 14 long weeks I had my car back! AND with a full tank of gas from them which I as pleasantly surprised at!

Anyway it's been a stressful few months without my car that I'd only actually had myself for about 5/6 weeks, so still being in the honeymoon period whilst my car was away I ordered a host of goodies which I've mostly fitted and will be posting pics of on here soon!

Anyway apologies for the wall of text, here's some pictures I took this evening after a nice spirited drive around :smiley:

s3PrPUZ.jpg

h52nNBT.jpg

hKl8hID.jpg

perfect..finally you have your baby back..enjoy it..
13 weeks without it??hmm you have a patience of a saint mate

Reactions: Dystant
Good to hear something positive about a dealer for a change! Good news that you have your car back, enjoy it!

perfect..finally you have your baby back..enjoy it..
13 weeks without it??hmm you have a patience of a saint mate

Patient, yeah maybe ... but I can tell you now it was probably the most stressful few months I've ever had ... it was mostly the unknown behind it of them not being able to give me a definite date I could pick it up.

Good to hear something positive about a dealer for a change! Good news that you have your car back, enjoy it!

Yeah, it's been a stressful situation for both me and them but they've been more than fair about the whole situation... I think it ended up costing them about £2000 in total for the work done while they had it.

Result on the MOT mate. Time to enjoy now!

Unfortunately I've now noticed that the exhaust manifold flexi pipe weaving has snapped, so not quite out of the water yet, but the plan for this is to do it all in one go and get an aftermarket exhaust manifold + exhaust system and then have it remapped, this is gonna be an expensive one (£1300 roughly) though so may have to live with the broken flexi pipe for a few months whilst I save up!

Glad you've got the car back after all that time! Tears would have been shed from me too in that situation! Shame you have to spend all that money on it now too, however a new exhaust is always a nice thing :wink: