Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Thanks for the kind words every one, really appreciate it :thumb:

Having caught the detailing bug and the urge for more power creeping up, this promotion couldn't have come at a better time :tearsofjoy:

And, to top it all off, my promotion was backdated to the 1st of January, so I get a full months wage at my new salary! Absolutely chuffed.

Good company! Top job :smile:

Reactions: Dystant
Just caught up with your thread Dale. Great list you got to do this week mate..

Congrats on the promotion. More spending power:wink:

Decided to try changing the discs and pads myself, key word here being 'try' :tearsofjoy: read the How to on here multiple times and think I should be alright!

In preparation just ordered the tools I'll need to get it done:
  • Piston wind back tool for rear calipers
  • 36mm socket for disc bolts
  • Brake cleaner
  • Replacement front pins as we all know there's a 99% chance they've seized
  • Pin punch to help get the sized pins out
Anything I'm missing?

Should have everything by Saturday so fingers crossed I'll get it done then :smiley:

Really excited for Friday to get new exhaust fitted :track:

Reactions: ///M and Chris
Decided to try changing the discs and pads myself, key word here being 'try' :tearsofjoy: read the How to on here multiple times and think I should be alright!

• Brake cleaner
Anything I'm missing?

Should have everything by Saturday so fingers crossed I'll get it done then :smiley:

What disc and pads have you gone for mate .

• Brake cleaner
Anything I'm missing?

You will be fine mate! Plenty of advice and the right people on here should you get stuck :smile:

So unfortunately RenoTech rang me yesterday and said there had been some order mess up and the dephaser pulley wouldn't be with them in time for the work today, so they had to cancel and reschedule all the work for next Thursday.

Bit inconvenient as me and the gf had both booked the day off to drop the car off in Llandudno and site see for the day.

MTEC discs got delivered today, but waiting on the tools to fit them to arrive before I can do that, so had to put that on hold till either tomorrow or next weekend.

I did however manage to fit my powerflex gearbox mount. Took a couple hours as had trouble getting the old mount off but managed to sort it and all is well.

Gearbox feels much tighter now changing gears under acceleration :smiley:

I've taken lots of pics so will be writing up a how to on changing the mount when I get chance :thumb:

That's a bummer on the work being delayed, Dale... Hopefully it'll all get sorted for you soon. Glad that you're liking the benefits of the gearbox mount, it's sometimes these relatively small changes/mods that make the biggest difference!

what a shame..but the wait will be worth in the end..
good job on the gearbox insert..did mine with my mechanic and it was a pig to do..tight as hell...
hats off to you for doing it yourself..

Just fitted some white hoses to replace the black ones that connect up to the acoustic valve, trying to pretty up the engine bay a little bit :thumb:

r994GPc.jpg

Also sprayed the dipstick white because why not :tearsofjoy:

Gonna fit my MTEC discs and pads tomorrow providing it doesn't piss it down all day, be interesting to see whether my front caliper pins have seized or not!

VERY-VERY nice Dale.

Like me: your let down by the expansion tank somewhat now. Why does every single one you see look like that ! ?

***I feel an idea coming on :smile: