Pav's Albi Blue 197T

the car will be getting a bit of TLC..
1.rear disc will be fitted
2.slave cylinder and brakes bleed
3.new gear box oil
4.new plugs

hope all goes well..

P_20161003_173210_1_p.jpg P_20161003_173244_1_p.jpg P_20161003_173259_1_p.jpg P_20161003_173229_p.jpg

Pav - you are on fire right now ! The mods, service item list, painting and fettling is relentless :smile:

How much was the gearbox oil out of interest ? (Have you changed it before - is 2 litres actually enough.....seems to be some 'debate' ?) Why this over any of the Elf offerings ?

Pav - you are on fire right now ! The mods, service item list, painting and fettling is relentless :smile:

How much was the gearbox oil out of interest ? (Have you changed it before - is 2 litres actually enough.....seems to be some 'debate' ?) Why this over any of the Elf offerings ?
the box oil was about £18 a bottle I think..i had it changed 2 and half years ago..went from the standard stuff to red line..
contacted Tim (Oilman on here) and he recommended the Red line product(that was 2 and half years ago)..got in touch with him a couple of weeks ago and asked him to recommend something else..to my surprise he said this is probably the best stuff you can put in so went with it again..i wanted to try something diff but who am I to argue ??:poke:
2 liters were enough last time so doubt it wont be this time..

Reactions: sevenfourate
i like diff stuff to standard so didnt mind to experiment..think the Elf oil isnt bad at all but cant compare as never put it in myself..

Great work as always Pav, the Witch is very well pampered!

You'll do for me Bro ! Although i was set on the Elf stuff..........

I changed to the MTL when I first bought the car and was very happy with it. Since then I've had OEM Elf put in, and although I can't personally tell any difference, I wouldn't hesitate to use the MTL again.

I changed to the MTL stuff revently after using sintofluid and previous to that the stand ELf. As above that is the rank order in terms of how the gear box feels now, gear shifts used to feel rank but loads better now, was going to give that brake fluid a try after the issues I have with the ATE superblue and the clutch pedal. Need to change my fluid before Oulton.

yeah i cant fault the MTL stuff..hope all is ok with your car Tom and it's ready for November fun at Oulton..

today i ran out of car shampoo and tyre dressing..also one of the kids next door has pinched my wheel brush so had to get a replacement...while i was at Halfords,i noticed a sale section and discovered axle stands which had been reduced..so i did not hesitate and grabbed a box :smiley:
P_20161008_161918_1_p.jpg

Good man ! Looks great buddy.

The Yellow hose crew get a special corner of the car-park on Xmas meal night i've heard........ :smile:

Reactions: Foxspeed