My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

370!!! That would be the quickest Clio I'd say, unless Mikey goes 400 :wink:

Yours will be loads quicker than mine anyway.

The Ktec 2.75 system is way lighter than the 3in system n sounds the nuts!
And for info, you will be maxing the injectors on stage 2.
Just for info, In back to back tests, a stage 1 meg with decat vs a stage 2 meg without showed no real benefit. They were neck n neck.I had a stage 2 meg for 2 years with all the mods, so I do have an understanding 8)
Get a boost bracket from rs tuning, stops the boost thingy pinging off n costs about a fiver.
Enjoy the boost but get a diff!!

^^ Thanks Daz, I'll look into one of those....

Quick update, wasn't happy with the first engine I bought, it just didn't look right when it arrived, the seller claimed it had freshly come out of a Meg but it was plainly obvious that it had been sitting outside for months. He also claimed that the turbo was perfect but on inspection it was clearly shagged..

To cut a long story short the bloke was a complete cu#t (I can't stand that word but that is what he is) when I complained about the engine I was met with the worst verbal abuse I have ever had the pleasure to listen to..

So I've learned 2 valuable lessons here:

1: Don't buy the first engine you find because you need one...

2: Don't buy anything from WM Motors, also known as West Midlands Motors based in Rugby, bunch of cowboys.

So the search was on for a new engine. After a bit of digging I found the perfect low mileage example with turbo and extras at French Spares. I can't praise this company enough for their service.

The new engine, my Clio engine and all the goodies I have collected are now with SteC who is building me the mother of all engines complete with loom and ECU. What will be delivered is a truly plug and play motor that Nobles can simply drop in.. Why did I choose this route I hear you say, I'm confident that Nobles could have completed the engine for me but quite simply Ste knows his Renault onions and time was of the essence and no one else but Ste could pull off such a feat...

Hoping to have the engine delivered by the end of this week then its just a quick drop in and a trip up to Bolton just to make sure everything is OK.

Really looking forward to getting it finished.

Last edited:
Mr F...gosh its fascinating stuff, all this activity with engine builds on the forum. Its great to see so much activity leading up to show season, track days and ultimately Bedford....

Last edited:
Any change on the basic spec of the engine or are you going to be a meany mustard and make us wait? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Any change on the basic spec of the engine or are you going to be a meany mustard and make us wait? :smile: :smile: :smile:

At this stage its just having ARP rod bolts. Got a larger intercooler and a larger hard pipe kit, also opted for silicone coolant hoses and the Ktec induction kit, 3" decat pipe and Milltek link pipe. I'm sticking with the Clio box so have a new clutch and slave cylinder thing.

As for power, who knows but its probably wise to keep it safe but looking at others of similar spec I could reasonably expect and be very happy with 270 horses and 300 torques.

Once the engine is finished I'll post some pictures.

Mr F...gosh its fascinating stuff, all this activity with engine builds on the forum. Its great to see so much activity leading up to show season, track days and ultimately Bedford....

Dead right pal there is quite a lot happening both publicly and behind the scenes with different cars, I think the competition for How Fast is getting hot. I know of at least 6 cars that will be very interesting in the coming months to say the least.

Nice number, i could live with that!

Lol think I can too, losing the rev hungry wring its neck N/A does still pain me but I did get the opportunity to sample a 270bhp Meg and it was awesome. With the Clio box it'll be manic.

Sorry to hear about the previous engine mate, you sorting out a claim or anything? Glad the new engine has been sourced though, you will be up and running before you know it lol

Nae chance of keeping up with this thing now at How Fast?

You never know mate, sometimes its the driver not the car and you have done a fair few trackdays yourself.

Cough.. Cough, I beat a Meg engined motor and a cammed clio last time.. Cough cough...

:rofl: