My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

When's the Lotus arriving [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

Picked up an early lightweight S2 3 days before I went on holiday. It had some minor clam damage which has now been repaired.

It's just having new brakes, lines, Yellowstuff pads all round, new stainless downpipe, decat and single exit exhaust.

Once that lot is on there is a new 3 element diffuser with panel delete kit going on to show the exhaust off. It's then getting a full exterior make over in matte red with matte black touches.

The interior is having carbon dash, door cards and centre tunnel.

Matt red will look sexshi.

Any particular reason for going with red?

Just that it'll look epic. :wink:

Had the colour mixed and it's a deep darkish red. With the black touches it'll really stand out. Looking at some lightweight seats too. Once I'm happy with the basic look of the car. I.e more carbon outside I'll start to look at either tuning the current engine or a Honda conversion.

As it is my old Clio was quicker in a straight line overall but the speed the lotus can carry in corners is something else. With the right power it'll incredibly quick

Yeah I was gonna say...small fortune on paint!

Never seen a plastdipd car. What's the durability like? I did my wing mirrors and they "chipped".

Nice one Angel, I've been looking at S1's for a while purely for a track car.
Following them at Knockhill through the bends is amazing, the adjustability they have through a whole corner is amazing.

I've now been given an ultimatum by the wife, I cant have another track car so if I really want one her Abarth 500 has to go and she wants an S2 Elise or Exige haha

Ill be watching your new thread very closely :wink:

tbh Ive seen it and id still prefer a Kia Cee'd :driveby:

:rofl:

Nice one Angel, I've been looking at S1's for a while purely for a track car.
Following them at Knockhill through the bends is amazing, the adjustability they have through a whole corner is amazing.

I've now been given an ultimatum by the wife, I cant have another track car so if I really want one her Abarth 500 has to go and she wants an S2 Elise or Exige haha

Ill be watching your new thread very closely :wink:

If you don't need back seats it's the perfect replacement to the Clio.

I looked at S1's but their value is shooting through the roof at the minute and as I wanted to mod the car it seemed silly to pay top money for an appreciating classic and rip it to bits.

It's a pretty similar story with the S2 and Exiges's. As I was intending to change most of what little they have that ruled out the Exige as the price premium is ridiculous. In the end I decided to go for an early S2 with the K-Series, these models are a lot lighter than the slightly later Toyota engine as they don't have airbags, traction control, abs or all the extra electrical crap.

I'll leave the rest for the project thread :wink: