My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

What intercooler are you planning on using? Ive sourced an engine today so can hopefully be starting next month all being well:smile:

Will it be stage 1 or 2 when complete?

It'll be what it be good sir. Not right into this "Stage 1, Stage 2" business as there isnt really an exact formula as to what Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is..

With the larger intercooler, induction kit, hard pipe kit, ARP rod bolts and map I suppose some people could argue that as Stage 2. I have discussed numbers with several people and general consensus is that around 270bhp and 300 torques will be more than enough and crucially not to much on the engine. I'd be more than happy with those numbers.

Boost pressure? That will give us an indication of what size hole i need to puncture at how fast, i mean of what stage you are running

Nah you can fit all that on a stage 1, the best indicator is usually around boost pressure as to what 'stage', for instance ktec only have a performance upgrade/package whereas rst have stage 1&2 if u like for fairly standard internals, but then if you throw hybrid turbo in the mix it gets even more confusing!

Quick update.. Its taken a wee bit longer than first thought I guess that is the nature of the best....

The engine is now in and looking very sweet. All that remains now is the intercooler and pipework to be fitted and the relocation of the header tank. The battery/batterbox and induction kit were going on after I took these photos earlier.

All being well I'll have it back next week and will be able to provide full detailed pictures and my first impressions. I'll get some graphs at some point too

20130425_164025_zps35a30cea.jpg

20130425_164035_zps29a7281e.jpg

:w00t:

Great stuff Angel! Bet you can't wait to get it back now! Also, I'll expect my call to tell me its ready next week yeah? :wink::tongue_smilie: