My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

A couple more pics.. Just the intercooler and associated pipework to go....

Got a massive cold air feed going to the filter...

20130426_160540_zpse86c3973.jpg

20130426_160532_zps3dd6ddaf.jpg

I hope this isn't ready to run at Bedford or I'll have fit a Lewis Hamleton mod to do my flying lap times.

Angel which LSD have you put on the front can't wait to hear it nice work

Not got one yet. Using the Clio gearbox for now. I have the latter version and its never give me any problems.

My thoughts were that I'd see how it goes without first. Didn't really have the money to shell out on a Quaife for then to decide a few months later I was going to change for the Megane gearbox. Quaife are on the list the new products I can supply so I can always get one if I need to at a later date.

Looks like a lot of effort has gone into this mate, would love to do it but just can't justify it as my cars less than a year old

Mr F it will hurt your times on the track without one. 280+ coming out the corners, no diff gonna hurt your times. If you've got the money, do it cause it will cost you even more to later take the engine out, drop the gearbox.....

Also I'm not convinced diff'in the 200 box is the way anyway. First its not consistently coping with 190 bhp, and we are thinkin' about doubling the torque through it? I'm not sure the gearing is right anyway, I think the ratio's are too short and equally too long at times for Meg engine (if you get me) . Plus the benefit of having the meg box is its soooooooo better on motorway.....

Look on Megsport, I can't say I've seen one Meg thats decided will diff the Clio box and fit it cause its better...????

Last edited:
+ meg F1 box is cheaper, once you can find one. TBH, I'd even prefer to diff a meg 225 box, with the Short-shift link conversion.

Mr F it will hurt your times on the track without one. 280+ coming out the corners, no diff gonna hurt your times. If you've got the money, do it cause it will cost you even more to later take the engine out, drop the gearbox.....

Also I'm not convinced diff'in the 200 box is the way anyway. First its not consistently coping with 190 bhp, and we are thinkin' about doubling the torque through it? I'm not sure the gearing is right anyway, I think the ratio's are too short and equally too long at times for Meg engine (if you get me) . Plus the benefit of having the meg box is its soooooooo better on motorway.....

Look on Megsport, I can't say I've seen one Meg thats decided will diff the Clio box and fit it cause its better...????

+ meg F1 box is cheaper, once you can find one. TBH, I'd even prefer to diff a meg 225 box, with the Short-shift link conversion.

Its all already in the car mate so it would end up costing a bit to fit one now.

I appreciate that some gearboxes have had problems but let's be realistic that in the grand scheme of things its only a small percentage that have gone wrong and as mentioned I didn't want to spend money on a diff if sometime down the line I was going to swap to a Meg box.

Seeing FMP's car fly at donington with the Clio box I'm not too concerned that their will be any negative impact on my lap times because its how you drive it, yes a diff will improve things but besides I'm bloody quick anyway. :rofl:

MikeLY hasn't had any problems with his gearbox and he is running much more torque than I will but I guess its trial and error with these things. I do hear that the diffed Meg box with short shift is very impressive so it is the way I'll go if I have too but I'm quite liking the idea of the manic acceleration the Clio box will give. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Its all already in the car mate so it would end up costing a bit to fit one now.

I appreciate that some gearboxes have had problems but let's be realistic that in the grand scheme of things its only a small percentage that have gone wrong and as mentioned I didn't want to spend money on a diff if sometime down the line I was going to swap to a Meg box.

Seeing FMP's car fly at donington with the Clio box I'm not too concerned that their will be any negative impact on my lap times because its how you drive it, yes a diff will improve things but besides I'm bloody quick anyway. :rofl:

MikeLY hasn't had any problems with his gearbox and he is running much more torque than I will but I guess its trial and error with these things. I do hear that the diffed Meg box with short shift is very impressive so it is the way I'll go if I have too but I'm quite liking the idea of the manic acceleration the Clio box will give. :thumbsup:

Thought lord robo is running around 280 ft/lbs, if so and your is mapped right u should see 320 ft/lbs

You might be right Mr F but its a lottery those gearboxes, and its almost more when that if.

Ste came down today with the intercooler and hard pipe kit. Must say I am super impressed with this mans abilities, he is actually a legend...

Nobles have also done an excellent job in keeping it all very OEM.

We just have a few electrial niggles that need sorting but nothing to worry about and is the nature of the beast with these types of projects.

The hard pipe kit developed Ste is incredible and a massive 60mm. It surpasses anything else that's available in the market so if you go down the Meg route or have a Meg then you really do need this kit in your life.

20130429_165840_zps559b6a0d.jpg

20130429_165931_zps08f4d3cf.jpg

20130429_165328_zpse52f0922.jpg

Last edited: