My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Lol think I can too, losing the rev hungry wring its neck N/A does still pain me but I did get the opportunity to sample a 270bhp Meg and it was awesome. With the Clio box it'll be manic.

Best of both worlds imo. Very rarely do you get the chance to wring the neck of the NA engine around twists and turns. Straight line acceleration is what you experience all day every day and sometimes i feel the clio lacks that get up and go.

Those 300 torques will completely change the way the car behaves. Top handling and power to boot....if ive still got mine when the engine pops, it WILL be megg'd...end of.

Sorry to hear about the previous engine mate, you sorting out a claim or anything? Glad the new engine has been sourced though, you will be up and running before you know it lol

I did reject the engine in writing within 7 days citing 'not fit for purpose' 'sale of goods act' 'distance selling regulations' etc etc the the t055er hasn't replied and has barred my numbers from his phone. Proper cowboy. The impelar shaft on the turbo had massive amount of for and aft play in it, it had clearly had it, he reckoned it was checked and perfect. C*ck....

Unfortunately I paid by bank transfer so no comeback there. I have reported him to Rugby Trading standards so they are investigating. I did a quick search on him and it appears he has been involved in a few similar companies that all wind up within a couple of years. My guess is that as soon as someone issues court proceedings he winds the company up and sets up a new Ltd company to avoid paying. As he is a named director it wasn't hard to find his home address so revenge is a medicine best served cold as they say.

Looks like i'll probably try an salvage the engine as it has compression and it just looks dirty. If its a good runner I'll clean it and move it on as it is and suitably priced or sell the parts that are OK just to minimise my loses.

Overall I'm really not happy about the situation but i rushed into it without making the proper checks so hopefully if someone else can learn by my experiences then it wont all be wasted.

Ahh sorry mate, not a nice situation to be in but like you said, you have his home address so you ould always drop the engine in his car instead.....literally :smiley:

Best of both worlds imo. Very rarely do you get the chance to wring the neck of the NA engine around twists and turns. Straight line acceleration is what you experience all day every day and sometimes i feel the clio lacks that get up and go.

Those 300 torques will completely change the way the car behaves. Top handling and power to boot....if ive still got mine when the engine pops, it WILL be megg'd...end of.

I agree. I drive the car daily and I know it should'nt matter and the clio's all about track days and twisties but that's not my world. The final straw was being run down by a VVT celica. Couldn't shake him until we saw some bends!!! NA had to go.....

Can't tell you how awesome the megg'd Clio is. I'm running double the torque of a good 197....and the tuning options are endless, depending on the size of your wallet. I've run its course will mine but a couple more grand spent on Turbo and manifold, on the standard internals would see 400lbft...

Last edited:
Shame about the first engine there is some right c*nts out there!!Good that you posted it up on here:thumbup1:
look forward to see the end results.

Shame about the first engine there is some right c*nts out there!!Good that you posted it up on here:thumbup1:
look forward to see the end results.

same here a real bummer some companies - at least others now know :thumbup1:

at least you will have a n/a and turbo spare engine.....v8 anyone :lol:

You know it makes sense

Little update:

The engine is almost finished but got delayed over a week whilst we we're waiting on some Forge silicone coolant hoses to turn up, UPS lost them, fortunately they turned up late on Wednesday.

I did order a 51mm Forge hard pipe kit too but they appear to be having problems with supplying them so it'll be getting a beautiful 60mm hard pipe kit which is being developed by the legend that is SteC. The quality of the pipe work is very impressive. The one shown in the pictures is the development pipe so hasn't been fitted but you get the idea. This man certainly knows his onions :thumbsup:

Hoping to have the complete engine at Nobles late next week, all they need to do is fit the new clutch and Clio gearbox and she can go in the car. The loom and ecu have all been sorted and coded so once the intercooler is fitted it should, fingers crossed, be a case of just pressing the start button. Still waiting for a Milltek link pipe to turn up so that may well increase the wait.

IMG-20130329-WA0000_zps2b8a69f1.jpg

IMG-20130329-WA0003_zps8da9ac82.jpg

IMG-20130329-WA0002_zps197a4690.jpg

IMG-20130329-WA0001_zpseb4e8212.jpg