My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Rather than rebuild the engine to sell their are loads of bits I could sell off it to recuperate some cash back. Didn't think about rocker cover Scott.

the "rocker cover" is machine matched to the head as it forms the top half of the cam bearings....

A couple of reasons really.

One they are local to me, they have years of motorsport experience, engine building, car building, own rolling road and to top it all off they have a good reputation for engine conversations.

They put an Mi16 engine in a friends 205, which I have to say is epic and looks OEM. They have recently put a VXR motor in a pink Corsa D, proper sleeper.

Overall the work they do with kit cars, racing cars and Noble cars is quite impressive and they service a lot of Renaults round here

Last edited:
Cool.....

I would suggest (if you haven't already) to join Meganesport. I learnt loads about the engine mods on there, and there's loads of interesting engine builds and some occasional bargains in the sales section.
First time I saw the meg 250 build in a R26 was on there and that gave me the idea of fitting the 250 engine in the Clio.

Last edited:
Cool.....

I would suggest (if you haven't already) to join Meganesport. I learnt loads about the engine mods on there, and there's loads of interesting engine builds and some occasional bargains in the sales section....
First time I saw the meg 250 build in a R26 was on there and that gave me the idea of fitting the 250 engine in the Clio.

I joined a while back but never really had a look, although in the past week I have been searching and filtering my way through everything on there. Not posted as yet just lurking.. Lol

But as you say some really good info and some very interesting builds, there's just so much more you can do with a F4RT... Up until I had to make the choice I always shyed away from the Meg engine and favoured the supercharger options. Now I'm looking forward to giving the Clio what its always cried out for.

Agree. Of course depending on your budget, there are few different avenues. I've meet up with a really cool dude on there from stockport and learnt loads from his build. Its worth reading about the clio\megane non-return fuel systems and also the discussions around running stage 2 on standard internals on the 225 engine.

Last edited:
Such a shame your engine died. I think I'd feel like crying if I'd got to spend out that kind of money. Sounds like it's gonna be good though! Good luck with it all.

Got a few issues with the engine but hoping to have a solution pretty soon.

Received some new Silicone hoses for the intercooler and the new clutch kit yesterday..

And this arrived this morning... Lovely Jubbley..

20130306_101653_zpsff162ae8.jpg

I didnt think this was out yet? Or are you one of the lucky few test cars, before final public release?

Might have to hold you're horses there chaps..

The Clio engine is terminaly ill, I knew the manifold had gone and it had a random misfire but on closer inspection it looks like a piston and possibly some valves have gone.

So its either an engine rebuild or and engine swap. Either way the old engine needs to come out so that's happening as we speak.

Looks like this is going to get expensive..... :bash::@:tongueout:anic:

:worried: damn

But how much a COMPLETE swap with meggy engine from ktr? For COMPLETE i mean complete, all... Not only the engine... There is gearbox, all eletrics works, dyno, oils.. Etc etc

Last edited:
:worried: damn

But how much a COMPLETE swap with meggy engine from ktr? For COMPLETE i mean complete, all... Not only the engine... There is gearbox, all electrics works, dyno, oils.. Etc etc

Not getting it done at Ktec Simo, Noble Motorsport are doing the work. I'll update with prices once complete. Its slightly more than I anticipated because I've spent a shed load on goodies that I could have gone without but i figure I may as well go Stage 2 whilst i'm at it.