My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

My two pence if anybody wants it,

When developing my ITB kit obviously the restricting factor was the length of the trumpets which were heavily compromised by lack of space in the mk3 bay. I discussed removing the front cross member bar as they do on mk2 ITB installations. According to TDF engineers this is not possible on the mk3 as the brace is integral to chassis rigidity and will flex too much under hard cornering or violent bumps.

Don't know if cutting it out has compromised the strength of the brace but as said its a little too late now lol!

We'll find out when I give it a hammering but tbh I'm not to concerned that its compromised the chassis rigidity. :smile:

According to TDF engineers this is not possible on the mk3 as the brace is integral to chassis rigidity and will flex too much under hard cornering or violent bumps.

This is what I was trying to say as opposed to crash safety.

Probably a case of Renault engineers being over the top, but their view is that it reduces distortion in the chassis.

They go as far as to say that if the impact bar is removed (for example if removed when taking the engine out), it should be refitted as soon as possible.

I suppose if the car is a little saggy after cutting it. It can be fiixed or a workaround found (build a stronger one, fit some front braces etc.)

We'll find out June 1st thats for sure! :smiley:

I suppose if the car is a little saggy after cutting it. It can be fiixed or a workaround found (build a stronger one, fit some front braces etc.)

We'll find out June 1st thats for sure! :smiley:

Not if it twists the front chassis arms in the first hard corner, then it's new shell time :tongueout:

But as Fernandez said the topic was discussed in depth with the company and I'm sure they are competent looking at that fantastic installation :smile:

Not if it twists the front chassis arms in the first hard corner, then it's new shell time :tongueout:

But as Fernandez said the topic was discussed in depth with the company and I'm sure they are competent looking at that fantastic installation :smile:

I think if anything was to happen the actual bar would bend before the front chassis arms moved.

think theres some confusion here - crash bars and crossmembers arent exactly the same thing..

that aluminium crash bar if it was that important to the chassis it would bolt on with more than it does iirc the front half of the chassis legs are deformable sections...

as for the black higher mounted crossmember (plastic bit) then that is probably more important to be inposition and not to be cut about

either way having that intercooler hung from the crash bar will be dandy :bounce1:

I'm not usually one to comment, however if the bar is now cut but replaced with a larger area of the same metal, how is that going to cause flex or issues?

Just had a read through all this. Wow! what an weapon this will be when it's done.
Need to drag myself away to stop the temptation of doing it.

Have to say putting a diff in would have been a worthwhile addition

But credit to you and the guys who are doing the work. Just awesome!:jase2:

Just had a read through all this. Wow! what an weapon this will be when it's done.
Need to drag myself away to stop the temptation of doing it.

Have to say putting a diff in would have been a worthwhile addition

But credit to you and the guys who are doing the work. Just awesome!:jase2:

Cheers Ranger, both Nobles and SteC have put in a massive amount of quality engineering work.

I've had some Ultra Racing braces waiting go on for a couple of months, glad to say that these are now on.. Got the front lower, front upper strut and rear arb so can't wait to feel the difference.

Wanted to get some new alloys but they are gonna have to wait now so thinking I'll turn the yellow ones black and then remove the stickers for a more stealth look. Although I would like a black roof.

****in hope not, cos im gonna get battered by him again this time round!!! Last time I only had 60bhp more and nearly twice the torque, now the gaps been closed he's gonna annihilate me cos his balls are fu@king massive compaired to mine

Corrected for you mate... :rofl:

Last edited:
Corrected for you mate... :rofl:

pahahahahahah not as if ive been driving a car with a dodgy battery that has been spitting out acid for god knows how long and not as if my injectors were only getting 12 volts and not the 30 volts they need :tongueout:

but hey im not one to complain lol