My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

I guess the the whole 'Meg engine in a Clio' is still relatively new. Looks like by the end of this year, I recon the amount of conversions will have doubled to last year. Its great to see new approaches and developments being undertaken, and this can only make the forum more interesting. Looks like we might see a Clio make 350 bhp which will be crazy....and I think Neil's should hopefully be close.

I must say, I cant wait until theses recent conversions have been done...the forums gonna be a very different place.

Last edited:
The freezing process is ment to strengthen the metal, sorry chocolate, by around 600%

Chocolate is always harder out of the fridge.

Another cracking build.

If i didnt have so many issues with my car, i could have seen this happening in the future. Unlikely now.

It's too late now, but it's not a good idea to cut into the front impact bar.

Taken from Infotech: "CAUTION
The cross member contributes to the structural rigidity of the engine compartment."

In all honesty when I put my clio on its roof I found this bar several meters away from the front of the car and the bar was compleat lay sheared off, for a component that's meant to be so important they could have made it a bit stronger
8FC7563B-681A-4E6D-AC4D-F1515B243BB4-6526-0000047739A2DE47_zps20b81bac.gif
The rest of the bar was just ripped off

The car left Nobles today and is now at Ste's for the final electrickery on its ecu.... To say I'm excited is an understatement.

Another quick picture, much like the others but this was taken a couple of days ago so a few little bits have been finished since. The vac pipe on top of the engine has been tidyed up too.

20130513_135404_zpsa4c91289.jpg

looks awesome angel, i cant wait to get mine done. what airfilter and pipe you using?

In all honesty when I put my clio on its roof I found this bar several meters away from the front of the car and the bar was compleat lay sheared off, for a component that's meant to be so important they could have made it a bit stronger
8FC7563B-681A-4E6D-AC4D-F1515B243BB4-6526-0000047739A2DE47_zps20b81bac.gif
The rest of the bar was just ripped off

Worth pointing out though that the silver bar is the front impact bar and not as some people previously claim is the cross member. These are 2 totally separate bits. The cross member which provides structural rigidity is the black bar that's under the front of the car.

modern cars are designed to crumple and break apart it helps absorb the impact/energy of the "sudden stop" and parts are designed to deform and snap...on the up side to this alot of the items are now bolt on and easier to replace!!

Ive heard im to give it a trial run whilst im off to make sure its suitable and sufficient as per hsg65

Pffft iosh, nope a full nebosh victim im afraid!! Keep trying to convince me to do my dimploma

Last edited:
Pffft iosh, nope a full nebosh victim im afraid!! Keep trying to convince me go my dimploma

I'm NEBOSH too! Diploma is a huge undertaking !!! I'd like to do it - but just don't think I'd have the time!

(Sorry for going off topic with our lame H&S talk ppl )

Stop teasing me... Spoke to Ste yesterday and he said it sounds awesome. Going on Rollers today and MOT Thursday so very nearly there. Very excited.

Better hope your new found torque hasn't bent the chassis or anything :wink:

I'm sure it will be fine; anything serious you would have noticed :smile:

Very jealous of your new power level!