My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Mate, I was gagging to tell everyone, Willis and MikeLY have been keeping it quiet. My original plan was to fit it and Pop down to Jonseys for a traffic light GP without him knowing..

ha ha that would have been quality,you don't need nos to do that though!!! ouch,low blow,sorry jonesy,:hug:

Congrats mate looks fantastic. I'll speak to you privately about the throttle issues your having, may be able to help you out :smile:

Can't wait for you to try it out, you'll be amazed how well it works. Shame it wasn't compatible with my high comp pistons otherwise i never would have let this go!

Good job

can i just ask, how did you get the centre white, what did you use.? :wink:
picture.php

make sure you get a sticker in the window saying you have it on board.

Not so you can show off or in case the emergency services need to know but iirc they can't tow an illegally parked vehicle with bottles in.

So park where you like for the risk of a £60 fine

Not so you can show off or in case the emergency services need to know but iirc they can't tow an illegally parked vehicle with bottles in.

i need a sticker :wink:

Congrats mate looks fantastic. I'll speak to you privately about the throttle issues your having, may be able to help you out :smile:

Can't wait for you to try it out, you'll be amazed how well it works. Shame it wasn't compatible with my high comp pistons otherwise i never would have let this go!

Good job

Nice one mate, I can't wait to try it either but it has to be right first.

Getting all the wires and nitrous line through the bulk head was a mare but came through on the left hand side under the glovebox. Had to remove the battery, tray and airbox to get in.. Lol

Would be good to talk. Just to discuss the full throttle potentiometer feed and the revs feed which was taken from the crank sensor.

can i just ask, how did you get the centre white, what did you use.? :wink:

Don't laugh but I took the badge off and stuck a small piece of white shower curtain that was in the garage and popped the badge back on. It was a crazy moment of silly inspiration and it worked. Not a bad colour match either.. :rofl:

Nice one, I do have a sticker coming from eBay but never thought about the emergency services.

Just moved over to Greenlight for my insurance, very happy, covered all the mods including the Nos and still well under £600 fully comp.. Can't recommend then enough, quality service.

Don't laugh but I took the badge off and stuck a small piece of white shower curtain that was in the garage and popped the badge back on. It was a crazy moment of silly inspiration and it worked. Not a bad colour match either.. :rofl:

laughed when you told me and im still laughing now :rofl:
you could have at least used something smooth and doesnt make that noise when you run your nail over it.:wink:

This is gonna be nuts! Also loving the inspirational shower curtain use mod. If it works then why not.

Private domestic vehicles aren't required to display any hazard stickers so you don't need that. In my experience old bill suss out a sporty car with compressed gas logos are running nos and luv to tug you to check insurance, just not worth the hassle. It's not flammable or toxic so even if it did rupture in an accident the worst you'll get is a freeze burn or a case of the giggles.

Fernandez I ran the rpm pickup from a coil stick and set the controller to two cylinder ( to compensate for wasted spark ). Even then i picked up interference occassionally, try a TV ariel insulation sleeve on the wire, old WON tip :wink:

Sorry to go off topic but how easy was it to fit the fin on the roof , is there a thread about taking the roof lining out ?

Sorry to go off topic but how easy was it to fit the fin on the roof , is there a thread about taking the roof lining out ?

Bit of a ball ache to fit to be honest and I have virtually no radio reception, I wouldn't do it again, thinking about taking it off, filling the hole and getting the roof redone.

Not updated this for a while and quite a bit has happened to the Mistress.. so prepare for a massive post..

First off all was the V6 Airbox and battery.

The normal way of doing things was to relocate the battery into the boot and route the electrical cables through the grommet that is in the bulkhead. Unfortunately this was not going an option as I had already filled it to the max with a nylon nitrous line and the associated electrical cables. It was going to have to stay in the engine bay.

First off was removing the OEM airbox and all its associated crap, this was a mammoth task in itself but is fairly straightforward and just requires a lot of gentle persuasion :wink:

Finding a way for it to fit was pretty easy. The V6 airbox comes in 2 parts, I separated the 2 halves and turned the lid 180 degrees to change the direction of the exit pipe. The airbox was then placed upon its side with the bottom lugs facing the front of the car.

Next up was to create a new pipe from airbox to throttle body. I used both the V6 pipe and the OEM pipe to create a custom pipe. This has worked quite well but i have commissioned a one off pipe to replace this. Hopefully this will arrive in a couple of weeks.

My NOS solenoids were on the top of the OEM battery tray so as a temporary measure I have attached them to the airbox. I'm not using the Nos at the moment so this is OK. I am going to relocate the solenoids in the next couple of weeks. My plan is to then insert a carbon NACA duct into the bonnet just where the airbox is and create a CAF into a new hole on top of the airbox.

Really impressed with the results, the car not only sounds incredible but definitely pulls harder and feels much more responsive mid to high range. Should be even better once its mapped.

Here is a picture of how it looks now, i'll update with picture of the new pipe once it arrives and also of the new CAF.

20130224_103431_zps7887568e.jpg

Last edited:
Next up is the Sprintbooster.

This by far has to be one of the best mods out there. The throttle response is so much better. The car drives and responds has improved no end. You and your foot actually feel more connected with the car what its doing.

Fitting is simple, as most people are aware you need to slightly modify the pedal mounting or use a spacer method to get it to fit into place. Rather than use washers I used 3 nuts on the lugs to create the space.

Pedal_zps45b8d54b.jpg

The button was placed where the traction control switch is just on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

20130224_103320_zps1000e069.jpg

Last edited:
That's one serious looking engine bay Angel!

Loveeeeeee it :cloud9:

I wish my sprintbooster switch looked like what I'm presuming is your NOS switch :tongueout:

As most of you have seen my manifold has died so needs replacing.

More info here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31232

Thinking that its wise to change the engine mounts at the same time as this may have contributed to the failure I purchased these fast road daddies from Ktec.

Now I can get 20% off Vibra-Technics form a supplier but the Ktec all in one package price plus the 5% forum discount meant that Ktec were cheaper. Plus they were delivered very quickly. Top marks to ktec I say.

The mounts are very high quality to say the least.

Top Mount:

20130224_094031_zps98209aa3.jpg
20130224_094048_zps49d6e7d8.jpg
20130224_094119_zpsb0859083.jpg

Gearbox Mount:

20130224_093555_zps3d5caabc.jpg

20130224_093609_zpsb74a4d02.jpg

Bottom Torque bar:

20130224_093412_zps80b4a115.jpg

To go with this I needed a new manifold so rather than pay stupid Renault prices I opted for the Toyosports stainless steel de-cat manifold. The manifold cost £229 (inc delivery) so with mapping we should still come in under the cost of just the standard cast Renault manifold making it a no brainer and I doubt it'll cost anywhere near Renault prices to fit.

This car car is going into Noble Motorsport tomorrow to have all this fitted and remapped so will update with my verdict and graphs once I have her back. Although I already know that with my already de-cat and de-silenced Miltek its gonna be LOUD...

20130219_145017_zps458e386f.jpg

20130219_145033_zps98ec234d.jpg

20130219_145113_zpsfe6c14f3.jpg

20130219_145119_zps03a9eadc.jpg

20130219_145126_zpsfe976427.jpg

20130219_145140_zpse7c2751a.jpg

20130219_145158_zps974b5360.jpg

20130219_145206_zpsc1d12dee.jpg

20130219_145234_zpsbe5c1d8f.jpg

20130219_145239_zpsb5d56829.jpg

20130219_145251_zpsad3fdcab.jpg

20130219_145259_zpsc8fa44df.jpg