Motorbike Just Crashed Into Us - Its Back!!!!! :)

Yeah, thank god he didnt hit the rear 1/4 straight on, and instead glanced off the rear of the car. Its still going to need blowing in across the rear 1/4s though to get a good paint blend.

Where ure unsure of blame u shud get the police involved they decide on the spot who is to blame

Im not unsure of the blame at all woody. :smile:

It was one of these that hit us.

FXDF_02.jpg

I have both of his side repeaters from the right hand side where the bike was decked.

Those things weigh the best part of half a tonne, would of been a pretty big dent if he'd hit you full on!

I presume he was wearing leather tasseled chaps and an open face helmet

biker_hughes.jpg

Was this him? :biggrin:

Renault Assistance have been superb. Handling everything, from the claim with 3rd party, recovery, repair and hire car.

Should be getting either an A3 or Mini as hire car for duration. Only need to inform my insurers for information only. Can't recommend their services enough.

Car is being taken to RS Motors forthe repair. Anyone got any experience with them?

Hate bikers. Anything that you have to put a gimp suit on to use should be kept to yourself behind closed doors, with a suicide note in your pocket should anything go wrong.

Rear quarters shouldn't need blending, in fact I wouldn't want the car itself anywhere near the paint shop. Your paint is new enough that there shouldn't be any problem with the match, and being as it is a bumper it would be hard to tell even if it was a touch out.

When they start blowing into the quarters you end up with masking lines around the windows, etc. which IMO look awful.

Rear quarters shouldn't need blending, in fact I wouldn't want the car itself anywhere near the paint shop. Your paint is new enough that there shouldn't be any problem with the match, and being as it is a bumper it would be hard to tell even if it was a touch out.

When they start blowing into the quarters you end up with masking lines around the windows, etc. which IMO look awful.

This.

Only get the bumper painted.

Got the hire car now. Mini Cooper S. At least its not a Kia Picanto like the last time i needed a hire car when someone hit us.

oh, i see some a good opportunity to compare and contrast?
Might as well make the best of a bad situation.

Fells wooly, dont like the clutch, far too heavy. Rear visibility is poor. Handling seems sharp, but steering response isnt as good as the Clio. Seats feel too low (im a shortarse). Steering wheel feels too big.

Its ok, miss the Clio already though.

Gutted for you, you car was looking spot on with the new wheels.

Don't let them blow over the rear quarter, tell them you want a perfect match on the bumper and if it's wrong when you go to pick it up don't be afraid to decline it

Feel for you i know whats it like had my crashed into only after a month then something crashed a shopping trolley into the side of my car and just kurbed my alloys saving it from out of control chavs.

Glad everyones ok though, let us know how it goes :smile:

OMG :blush:mg: Deako, so sorry to read what happened to your lovely motor, glad your both ok though, hope its all gets sorted soon. :thumbsup:

whats wrong with them blending into the rear quarters? Ive had it done twice on my LY and its fine!? New paint or not surely they wouldnt be able to get a exact match?

Engineers report is as follows:

Replace rear bumper
Replace rear arch liner
Replace rear o/s suspension components
Replace rear o/s hub assembly
Refurbish Team Dynamics Alloy
Replace rear o/s tyre
Respray bumper and blend rear 1/4 panels
Replace Gordini badges on rear 1/4

It also appears like they are wanting to blend the rear 1/4 panels. The guy said he could just spray the bumper off the car, but wouldnt be prepared for any comeback if i requested this. :worried: So im just leaving them to it, and if its a **** job its going back until it gets repaired properly.

He did try and put my mind at ease saying they are a very good bodyshop, they spray lambos and show cars all the time and know what they are doing. And to trust them to do a good job.

Also, its taken nearly 2 weeks to get this far. Im still hopeful the car will be repaired before my 6th November track day at Bedford Autodrome on the GT circuit. Heres hoping.

Similar Thread Suggestions