How hard is it to pass motorbike tests

Had a motorbike from 10 years old all the way up unit last year. I had all different bikes from kx250,minimoto,pit bikes etc. I worked In a motorbike garage when I was 15 until I was 18, I am now coming up for 22 on the 19th. I need a bike back in my life what do I need to do to be able to have one? I think my cbt may have expired :worried: (sat befor my driving test)

Had a motorbike from 10 years old all the way up unit last year. I had all different bikes from kx250,minimoto,pit bikes etc. I worked In a motorbike garage when I was 15 until I was 18, I am now coming up for 22 on the 19th. I need a bike back in my life what do I need to do to be able to have one? I think my cbt may have expired :worried: (sat befor my driving test)

More difficult than it used to be...

I say 'difficult', what I mean is that it's a pain in the backside - CBT, theory, lessons, test one and test two make it a fairly stretched out process. All this to conform to EU regulations.

Well worth it though!

Have a look at camrider.

If you've got experience it's not too bad, i passed my mod 2 in november just before the new regs came in. However i'm not really sure on what they are exactly. I'm going to imagine it won't of drifted too far from the old, and will involve a section doing maneuvers in a carpark (easy) and section of road riding which i found a lot easier and more relaxing than my practical car test.

I did my CBT in febraury 2011, rode everyday until November 2011 and then my use decreased. I had no lessons or anything for my practical test, and simply just used my previous experience which consisted of A to B riding.

I think it's the theory that's putting me off! What I don't understand is your more likely to kill more then one person in a car but on a bike it's likely to be yourself :/

Unless they've made them significantly more difficult they're a piece of piece in comparison to car tests.... though I passed both first time :tongueout:

The only thing I found difficult was learning to control a bike at low speeds.

I had a couple of goes at the theory test though on the bike license, they're more about training to the test rather than any actual driving/road relevance. DVDs with practice tests are brilliant.

i did my cbt 1 day, did a fast course week after, theory, then 2 tests, had little experience on a geared bike years ago only small bikes,

passed 1st time, personally its p*ss poor the bike tests, id say too easy!

I did mine when it was still a single test, was really easy. Did my cbt Monday, one day training Tuesday, test Wednesday morning. Had never been on a motorbike before.

Should be able to answer this for you as just passed my direct access.
All the rules changed from the beginning of the year.
Until your 24 you can only ride bikes that are restricted or below a certain power by taking either the A1 or A2 license, please double check the DVLA website.
In either case you have to have taken a theory test, and then most riding schools do a 3/4/5 day course depending on what you require, in that you'll take a CBT if you haven't already got one, an then training for your Mod 1, dodging cones!! And then Mod 2, out on the road.
I took a 3 day course as I have previous riding. And though nervous I passed it all first time. Course cost me £515 all in.
Hope this helps.