Luke_197 Progress thread

Update removing miltek resonator!

Recently I've been hearing a rattle from the exhaust at about 3k revs. It was extremely annoying so took it to one of my mates to have a look at. After a bit of examinination we found it was the resonator(centre silencer) was damaged from scraping over everything!

Here's a pic

51b2beca-4e24-a0a7.jpg

As you can see it covered in scratches and the mesh inside was causing the rattle :/

I'd been considering for some time getting the resonator removed and now I had an excuse, so I took the clio to powerflow this morning and took the resonator out for £50. :smiley:

I was quite worried because I have a decat and pre cat delete pipe, so I thought it might be far too loud and sound tinny.

But I was very wrong, it sounds immense, it's so much more raspy lower down the revs, and makes more noise, the pops and bangs are so much louder. I was expecting the exhaust to drone motorway journeys, but I drove home down the m4 at 80mph and it's actually no different to the resonated system :smiley:

I've only driven for about half an hour, but I'm very happy so far :smiley: I'll get a video up very soon so you guys can can tell me what you think :tongueout:.

haha looks like mine and mine is just from my driveway and the occasional speed bump but mine is fine internally.
2012-04-23135529.jpg

the sound is good and the pops are louder!! Can be annoying at times though.

Update

Speedlines - decided to keep them black for now

Also sprayed the door bumper strips gun metal grey.

5284f4de-9ddf-a670.jpg

Ordered my sprint booster on Tuesday aswell, so it should come through next week hopefully :smiley:

Cheers guys glad you like. Henderson is the sprint booster gonna be worth it comes through next week?? :smiley:

Well guys in October 2012 I traded the Clio 197 in for a liquid yellow R26. [emoji17] BIG MISTAKE!!!

guse9upa.jpg

ybu3ezah.jpg

The last photo I have of my 197[emoji22]

Last edited:
IM BACK..........[emoji1]

So I've returned after over a year without Clio ownership. I thought it would be fun to carry on my progress thread from where I left off. I've missed this forum loads and all it's friendly members.

The story behind all this....

So my beloved 197 was sold in nov 2012 in order to buy my LY Megane R26, bit of a mistake, never fell In love with the meg like I did my 197, so it was sold April 2013. Since then I've owned a few other cars but none of them came close to the fun of the 197, so in jan this year decided it was time to return to the fold.

This time I had my heart set on a 197 or 200 with a low fat cup chassis and recaros, also had to be either white, racing blue or storm grey. Didn't have to do much searching to find the one I wanted. On my second day of hunting this beaut popped up on piston heads.

Clio 200 cup
Racing blue
28000 miles
Recaros
Well maintained

So after looking at a few other Clios which were in very poor condition I went back for a second viewing and decided that this was the car for me.

Got her home and cleaned her up around my mates house.

Some photos

Very happy so far, done a few bits too so will post up more photos later :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I have missed how friendly and helpful everyone is on this forum.