Luke_197 Progress thread

Cheers guys, I still have alot of time for well modified saxo's, It took me ages to perfect mine but I got there in the end.

The majority of my mates own fords I nearly bought an ST instead of my 197, but I thought I'd be different :smiley:

Ahh, they're just jealous 'cause they're not as quick in a straight line OR around corners lol.

UPDATE. New front bumper, back from the body shop all repaired, only took 2 days which is good :tongueout:

Nice and shiny :smiley:

5284f989-75bb-46b2.jpg

5284f989-75da-3d1e.jpg

Gave her a clean around my mates house.

5284f985-7620-c9ab.jpg

My mates saxo (my old saxo) and mine, I recon this pic looks epic :smiley:

5284f985-7632-168b.jpg

Me and my mate above are painting our calipers red this weekend so I'll have some more pics up when their done. :smiley:

Good news, now going to FCS, on stand with everyone on the site and got 15 mins track time(my first ever track day in my 197)! Look forward to seeing you all. :smiley:

Considering wrapping my fogs in yellow film. What's everyone thoughts on this???

Last edited:
Update removing miltek resonator!

Recently I've been hearing a rattle from the exhaust at about 3k revs. It was extremely annoying so took it to one of my mates to have a look at. After a bit of examinination we found it was the resonator(centre silencer) was damaged from scraping over everything!

Here's a pic

51b2beca-4e24-a0a7.jpg

As you can see it covered in scratches and the mesh inside was causing the rattle :/

I'd been considering for some time getting the resonator removed and now I had an excuse, so I took the clio to powerflow this morning and took the resonator out for £50. :smiley:

I was quite worried because I have a decat and pre cat delete pipe, so I thought it might be far too loud and sound tinny.

But I was very wrong, it sounds immense, it's so much more raspy lower down the revs, and makes more noise, the pops and bangs are so much louder. I was expecting the exhaust to drone motorway journeys, but I drove home down the m4 at 80mph and it's actually no different to the resonated system :smiley:

I've only driven for about half an hour, but I'm very happy so far :smiley: I'll get a video up very soon so you guys can can tell me what you think :tongueout:.