Luke_197 Progress thread

Here's my list modifications I have done so and my plans for the future.

So far

-Red OMP toe strap
-Stripped out rear seats and parcel shelf
-Driver side harness
-Clio cup spoiler

Plans for the near future in order

Brakes:
-DS2500 pads
-Cazan racing 330mm 2 piece discs
-Goodridge braided lines with stainless fittings
-AP Racing formula dot 5.1 fluid

Tyres:

Yokohoma advan neova AD08R

Hear a lot of people rating these, saying that they are the best fast road/track tyres, so very excited about giving them a try.

Engine:

Cat back system
ITG maxogen
Matched inlets
Pre cat delete pipe manifold (haven't decide on the brand yet)
Silicone Hoses
Lightened crank pulley
RS tuning map

This is as far as I've got at the moment. Got a few more ideas in the back of my mind but want to focus on getting the above work done first.

Hears some photos of what's been done far

Omp toe strap

Back seats out however wasn't happy with harnesses being mount in that position

So mounted them to the seat belt buckle, I'm aware that the should really be mounted, to a fixed bucket seat and onto a roll cage bar in line with the harness holes on the seat, I'm planning on a cage with a harness bar when things get more serious. Original seat belt is still there as I occupation ally use it.

aqegygaj.jpg

My spoiler, private plate and RS badge fitted

Last edited:
RB beauty, I really should get a cup spoiler in my life, make the back end look less boring.
I shall keep an eye out for you.

Looks sick, what front plate are you running? Just put it on the windshield kind of job?

Haha what are you talking about deaks theres a plate on there :wink: shhhhhh yeah it's in the window, my area is very quiet, were lucky to see a police car on our roads, also my route to work is through country roads, haven't had a problem yet alough I'm tempted to get a vinyl sticker made up, also considering smoothing the plate recess to give a more flush look :smile:

Thanks mate will keep an eye out for you too, your around Bracknell area, right?
I am indeed yep, never seen you around but recently noticed another black R27 around.
How are you finding the Harness and removing the back seats? Been debating it for a long time now but wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

I am indeed yep, never seen you around but recently noticed another black R27 around.
How are you finding the Harness and removing the back seats? Been debating it for a long time now but wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for you :smile: I've noticed a black 197 around my way not sure if it was an r27 but it looked quite stealthy and had yellow fogs?? Same guy???

The harness are fantastic mate, they look good against the recaros and hold you in your seat nicely, I had them in my old 197 too which had standard seats and they worked well with them too. I have OMP 4 points which set me back around £70 each which I don't think is too bad.

As for for the back seats, it's a no brainer IMO really, I would give it a go see what you think as they are so easy to remove and refit, feels a bit more responsive after dropping the weight and a little more nimble, but not by massive amounts, you also can hear the exhaust note alot more which I loved in my old 197 with the miltek :smile: not droney either defiantly give it a go, WHY NOT.

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for you :smile: I've noticed a black 197 around my way not sure if it was an r27 but it looked quite stealthy and had yellow fogs?? Same guy???

The harness are fantastic mate, they look good against the recaros and hold you in your seat nicely, I had them in my old 197 too which had standard seats and they worked well with them too. I have OMP 4 points which set me back around £70 each which I don't think is too bad.

As for for the back seats, it's a no brainer IMO really, I would give it a go see what you think as they are so easy to remove and refit, feels a bit more responsive after dropping the weight and a little more nimble, but not by massive amounts, you also can hear the exhaust note alot more which I loved in my old 197 with the miltek :smile: not droney either defiantly give it a go, WHY NOT.
Not me but I've seen him a few times as well on my way home from work, 99% sure it was an R27 heading Wokingham way.
That's pretty good on the hardness front, might task myself to save and strip the car over the summer. Make it a bit more purposeful.
Yup that was my thinking too, they haven't been used in the year I've owned it and my Scorpion would get so much louder inside :thumbsup:

Made this at work today from some M20 stud. Spun it down to 12mm then put a thread on. Will be fitting to the car tomorrow properly.

u4y7e9u4.jpg

reha9ape.jpg

Last edited:
Had some new tyres fitted yesterday. Went for yokohoma ad08r's. Will be fitting another pair to the front next month as the fronts two conti 5's still have some life.

uny6y3ug.jpg

mutugagu.jpg

Last edited:
Haha what are you talking about deaks theres a plate on there :wink: shhhhhh yeah it's in the window, my area is very quiet, were lucky to see a police car on our roads, also my route to work is through country roads, haven't had a problem yet alough I'm tempted to get a vinyl sticker made up, also considering smoothing the plate recess to give a more flush look :smile:

Hahaa I should have realised it was you last Saturday mate with no front plate!

I was in the silver 197 on the Basingstoke road to Reading.

RB looked mintttttt. :thumbsup:

Hahaa I should have realised it was you last Saturday mate with no front plate!

I was in the silver 197 on the Basingstoke road to Reading.

RB looked mintttttt. :thumbsup:

Haha, no way, I had no idea either man I'm sorry. :smile:

Why thank you. Your car looked awesome mate. The missus liked it in nimbus grey! Couldn't tell if you were a 197 or 200 cause of the 200 diffuser haha!

That's was a very hot day not to own a cup that doesn't have air con [emoji23] guess your from around my way then???

Haha, no way, I had no idea either man I'm sorry. :smile:

Why thank you. Your car looked awesome mate. The missus liked it in nimbus grey! Couldn't tell if you were a 197 or 200 cause of the 200 diffuser haha!

That's was a very hot day not to own a cup that doesn't have air con [emoji23] guess your from around my way then???

Haha yeah the cheeky 200 diffuser does throw people. I know right it's an absolute nightmare, stuck behind a learner for abit as well so no air was coming in haha. I swear you came out of no where as well haha, I was chasing an S3, look in my rear view and there you were haha.

And I've moved to reading for work in the past month. Got caught doing 50 in a 30 two nights ago as well. What a mug. RS scene around here lively?