Luke_197 Progress thread

Luke_197

Platinum Member
Hi Everyone

My name is Luke. I'm from the Berkshire area.

You'll notice as you read through my progress thread I go from owning a UR 197 to a RB 200. All will be explained as you read on. Thanks for reading in advance. Enjoy my thread...

My current car:

Clio RS200
RB
Cup chassis
Recaros < Not any more!

2ff1e6128c0956a64cb2c8dd32288ef1.jpg

Progress:

Engine:
All 3 x Vibratech/Ktec engine/box mounts
ITG Maxogen intake
Millers 5w/40 nanodrive oil
Supersprint race back box
Supersprint resonated centre section
Supersprint pipe

Chassis:
Bilstein b14 coilovers
Powerflex adjustable camber/castor polybushes
OZ ultralegerras
4 x Yokohoma AD08R tyres
TPI wheel nuts

Brakes:
Cazan racing 2 piece 330mm disc conversion
Ferado DS2500 racing pads
Goodridge braided hoses
AP racing dot 5.1 fluid

Styling/exterior:
Cup Spoiler
Omp tow strap with modified adaptor bolt
De-wipered
RS badge
Phillips diamond vision bulbs
Osram 5k White LED's license plate/side lights
Streamline carbon exhaust tips
Streamline carbon front diamond

Interior:
Striped out rear seats and rear belts
Ultra racing rear strut brace
Corbeau pro series bucket seat
Sabelt 4 point ultralight harness
Genuine RS gearknob

The Old Saxo

I've owned a Saxo VTR for the last two years. Bit of a boy racers car I know, but I loved it to bits. I did a fair few modifications to her including:

*VTS engine conversion with cams
*Port and Polished head
*Piper 4-2-1 manifold
*Powerflow custom cat-back system
*Adjustable spax suspension
*White team dynamics pro race 1.2 alloys
*OMP bucket seats and sparco harnesses
*Stripped out within an inch of it's life
*Toyo T1r tyres
*Goodridge braided hoses

Great little motor, I do miss her from time to time.

Here's few pics:

u8ady2as.jpg

u9e2esar.jpg

But anyway, onwards and upwards, I'm sure none of you want to hear about old saxos Haha, so let's get going with the new car.

Here's where the story begins back in 2011 when I had my first ever Renaultsport Clio. :smile:

The New Clio 197

So in October 2011, I purchased my completely standard Ultra Red Clio 197. It's a 2006 reg, full fat model. Loving every minute of it so far, great fun to drive, awesome chassis and a lovely looking car too. So far I've already done a few modification to it, so I thought I would make a thread to share my progress.

51b2ba06-a563-543c.jpg
This was the day I bought it, you are forbidden from looking at the Evo in the background. [emoji6]

What I've done so far:

*KW Variant 1 coilovers
*Milltek decat exhaust system
*Sony head unit
*Pressed rear plate with white LEDs
*8k hids with white LED sidelights

Plans for the future:

*New tyres, Toyo T1R
*Omp WRC bucket seats (I already have one from the saxo I just need the harnesses now)
*OMP 4 point harnesses
*Strip out the rear seats to save some weight
*Ktec pre cat delete pipe
*ITG/KTR Induction kit
*Ktec remap

Now for some more pics, sorry for the quality, these pics where taken on my iPhone.

51b2ba06-a593-73e2.jpg
Over head view

51b2ba06-a7a1-85a8.jpg
After the KW coilovers had been fitted

51b2ba06-a7b4-449c.jpg
The Milltek exhaust

51b2ba06-aaa3-a9d6.jpg
In the snow, next to my old saxo
More pics will be added soon [emoji1]

Last edited:
I have uploaded the photos properly now, hopefully they all look ok. [emoji1]

Last edited:
Update: A few pics

Had a fun weekend. Me and a friend resprayed my wheels in BMW sparking graphite. Really pleased with the results. He painted them for free on his driveway, so I only had to pay for paint, sand paper and masking tape. Very kind of him. [emoji1]

586e305e-668f-9ebc.jpg

The results of out labours

586e305e-67f2-56cb.jpg

Latest arsenal of car cleaning products[emoji2]

586e305e-6708-1fa6.jpg

Filling up at shell, I only ever use V Power

586e305e-67b6-3c0d.jpg

A snap with my old saxo. Once again it keeps coming back to haunt me[emoji22]

586e305e-6840-9155.jpg

Front view

Last edited:
Looking good Luke, +1 on Ollies comment about the Evo too.

Like the sound of your plans there for the future. Thought about an ''Oulton'' cage if you're going the harness route?

Thanks for all the positive feed back guys.

I'm from Wokingham.

The Evo belongs to my friend simon, who lives nearby. This car is currently pushing out about 400bhp. The engine has been rebuilt with forged internals, new ecu, blitz exhaust, intake, decat pipe, 8 pots brake calipers (front and rear). He's has also had an anti lag program installed to the ecu which is quite a sight.

Simon has ordered a bigger turbo, so when that arrives and is fitted it should be getting on for about 600bhp. Its currently at spec r in Wiltshire getting a new custom intercooler fitted and few other new toys. This evo is a beast. [emoji1]

Last edited:
Looking good Luke, +1 on Ollies comment about the Evo too.

Like the sound of your plans there for the future. Thought about an ''Oulton'' cage if you're going the harness route?

I will consider a cage, but not just yet. I've already removed the back seats and I'm planning on purchasing some omp 4 point harnesses very soon. [emoji4]

As for bucket seats, I tried to put my omp Wrc seat in the other day, but the subframe I bought didn't fit properly.(This was specified to fit a 197) also the bucket seat just looked a bit too small inside the car, Almost looked lost amongst the rest of the interior.

I've decided to buy some recaros instead, When some pop up for the right price.

Last edited:
Purchased a pre cat delete pipe today. Will be fitted at Powerflow enigma custom exhausts some time next week!

He is doing all the work for £150, which is a BARGIN considering Ktec quoted me £350.

Last edited:
Update

*Pre cat delete pipe fitted
*KTR panel filter fitted

Onto Ktec for a remap

51b2b19c-6e4a-6179.jpg
On the rollers at ktec

51b2b19c-6ec1-4f5b.jpg
The dyno results

This may seem a bit of an unrealistic increase but Ktec insisted they see this a lot. They also told me the decat and pre cat delete could have been confusing the ecu causing a big drop in power.

Results

Before:

176 bhp
153 lb ft

After:

194.1 bhp
169.2 lb ft

What's you opinion on this??? [emoji15]

Last edited:
18 bhp increase..!!!!! Not being funny but your car must have been REALLY poorly because on a healthy car, no remaps gonna give you that much increase.

Yeah, 18 BHP is a lot. Not questioning it - but I would be interested to see what another Dyno said....

18 bhp increase..!!!!! Not being funny but your car must have been REALLY poorly because on a healthy car, no remaps gonna give you that much increase.

agree with litchy there but hey yr car is where it should be now so bonus! how do you find the flat spot with the Y pipe,what sort of prices did they charge to fit it? don't suppose you know any info on there new induction kit as well do you,prices,release dates,pictures? any help would be great,cheers