Luke_197 Progress thread

18 bhp increase..!!!!! Not being funny but your car must have been REALLY poorly because on a healthy car, no remaps gonna give you that much increase.

I agree it seems strange for an n/a car to gain that much just from a remap, but the proof is on the Dyno.

It can't be that unhealthy though, it had a FSH, with all receipts to prove it and only one previous lady owner. Maybe she never open the 197 from time to time.

I'm sure I heard stories of other 197's that come out the box with ridiculously low bhp figures?

Last edited:
agree with litchy there but hey yr car is where it should be now so bonus! how do you find the flat spot with the Y pipe,what sort of prices did they charge to fit it? don't suppose you know any info on there new induction kit as well do you,prices,release dates,pictures? any help would be great,cheers

Hey mate

Firstly the flat spot from the Pre cat delete pipe is very noticeable before mapping, however it's not undrivable. I only drove around for 1 day before it got mapped, didn't seem to bad.

After the map the flat spot is 95% gone. You can only feel it when you give 100% throttle between 2-3k revs, but lets face it, when your going for it, you are barely ever in those revs.

I went to powerflow enigma in slough have it fitted. If you live near berkshire I would highly recommend paying them a visit before going to ktec's to have pre cat delete pipe fitted.

Not to sure about induction kits though mate I only have a panel filter.

Last edited:
Would love to hear a vid of this as I wanted to do a milltek decat and ketch y pipe! If you could get one up :smiley:

Hey mate

I'll try get one on YouTube tomorrow for you. It does sound great though, pops on every gear change, and the odd occasion flame. :smiley:

Hey mate

Firstly the flat spot from the Y pipe is pretty bad before the remap, however it's not undrivable. I only drove around for 1 day before it got mapped but it really wasn't that bad.

After the map the flat spot is 95% gone. You can only feel it when you give 100% throttle between 2-3k revs, but lets face it, when your hooning it your barely ever in those revs.

I went to powerflow in slough, to get my Y pipe

£220 for the Y pipe and fitting which is a bargain. If you live near berkshire I would highly recommend paying them a visit before going for ktec's pre cat delete pipe.

Not to sure about induction kits though mate I only have a panel filter.

cheers fella,pretty sure power flow are nation wide so top tip,the only prob i have is i already have a decat so i recon its a new ecu to go that route for me,£220 sounds really good,especially as they have to drop the sub frame

how do luke,there's a power flow centre 20 miles from me so bonus! don't suppose you've got any pics of there work have you? have you had any issues with lights coming on on the dashboard,cheers matey

Update

Back seats have vanished again and tracked down an Oulton park roll cage from Collier's 200. Looks great I recon. [emoji2]

51b2b19c-6958-33fa.jpg

Last edited:
Finally found a cup spoiler. Bought off Evans, very happy with it. I'm starting to really love my 197 now. :smiley:

51b2b19c-299b-e817.jpg

Last edited:
sounds awesome mate,so you got flames like that after taking both cats out,remap and panel filter?? can't wait to get mine fitted in 11 days now!