Luke_197 Progress thread

I love the colour combination of black wheels on a red 197.....the wisest people in the world do this to red 197's :wink::wink::wink:

How do you plan on passing an MOT with no cats?

Hey noddie, I hear if you put the main cat back on for an mot you can still past on emissions, Ive still got my old cat so I'm gonna try get it modified to fit my miltek system so I can get a legit mot.

I'll let you guys know if this works in June when it's mot time :smiley:

sounds awesome mate,so you got flames like that after taking both cats out,remap and panel filter?? can't wait to get mine fitted in 11 days now!

Cheers mate, Should sound good. Let me know how it goes and what power output you get, would like to know if it's similar to mine, did you get a pre cat delete pipe in the end? :smiley:

I love the colour combination of black wheels on a red 197.....the wisest people in the world do this to red 197's :wink::wink::wink:

Haha mike it's a great combo, however the colour of my wheels is actually BMW sparkling graphite, :smiley: does look more of a satin black though.

Cheers mate, Should sound good. Let me know how it goes and what power output you get, would like to know if it's similar to mine, did you get a pre cat delete pipe in the end? :smiley:

yeah got one mate,getting fitted in a week or so,then down to RS Tuning to be mapped in so i'll let you know how i get on,did you get flames from just taking both cats out and a remap then?

yeah got one mate,getting fitted in a week or so,then down to RS Tuning to be mapped in so i'll let you know how i get on,did you get flames from just taking both cats out and a remap then?

Yep nothing else done engine wise except the panel filter, I had mine serviced before the map, oil change, filter and plugs just to be sure it was running nicely though. :smiley:

The incident I:/

This actually happened 3 weeks ago but I suppose I might aswell share the story with you all.

Basically I was parked in a sainsburys car park on a Sunday afternoon and came back to find my poor little 197 in this state. :'(

Grill has fallen out
Crack under grill
Covered in scuffs

5284d4de-9809-6509.jpg

Also the edge of the bumper has come away by the wing on the passenger side.

51b2b19c-9ab4-0245.jpg

Damage to his :L virtually nothing

51b2b19c-9b60-c1ce.jpg

Basically the guy who was parked In front of me had left his polo in gear and gone to start the engine. His car jolted forward and smacked into my front bumper.

Luckily a passer by saw the whole incident and very kindly volunteered to be my witness. Luckily I managed to get all the details from the polo driver and the claim has gone through no problems. :smiley:

It's alot of hassle and I know even though it wasn't my fault, it will affect my insurance premiums slightly, but my front bumper was a bit of a mess to start with anyway, so I suppose its a bit of a bonus that the 197 Is getting a brand new front end. :smile:

Last edited:
Yep nothing else done engine wise except the panel filter, I had mine serviced before the map, oil change, filter and plugs just to be sure it was running nicely though. :smiley:

exceellent cheers mate,just had my oil and plugs done when i had the cams fitted so its go go go,nightmare about yr front bumper,hope it all gets sorted soon

Wow with the cams and the 64mm throttle body your clio should sound amazing after its map, you need to get a video sorted when it's done. The pops and bang will be mahoosive! :tongueout:

Also front end is getting done Tuesday so I'm gonna be rolling about in a terrible hire car for a week I expect. :L

Last edited:
Wow with the cams and the 64mm throttle body your clio should sound amazing after its map, you need to get a video sorted when it's done. The pops and bang will be mahoosive! :tongueout:

Also front end is getting done Tuesday so I'm gonna be rolling about in some boggy hire car for a week I expect :L

hopefully mate,yeah i'll defo do a vid,make sure you treat yr hire car with respect,:tongueout:

At least you got the other guys details, how many folks have come back to find the car with damage and no culprit to be found? :thumbup1:

Messing about with instagram on my iPhone :smiley: I think I'll use this as my profile pic when I actually get round to to becoming a paid member lol. :tongueout:

5284f989-fb1e-938c.jpg

mate i was a big anti saxo and white wheel demonstrator,not any more!!! the combined ride height of them cars must be 10mm max!!! awesome...