I don't know where this is going to end up...

So on the flip side to this, yes it's not a daily etc, but your comfort and alertness is down to your temperature regulation, many people I know who live near or at 'Ring always try and keep their AC for that very reason, now I know meglio temps can be hard to keep down, but if you can retain it in your initial mod choices I would.

I’ve got another strategy for temperature regulation which will also shed 30kg from the cars weight… my Mrs has put me on a diet!

As I'm living in Dubai!, I managed to retain the AC along with AIRTEC 95mm Intercooler as well as AIRTEC Dual Fan Radiator designed for Megalio Conversions. Yes, heat management is indeed the biggest challenge I'm facing at the moment as after some hot laps, the car goes into limp mode (restricting rpm to 6000) where by that time Intake temp is +35C over the ambient temp! and coolant temp is 110C (running with Redline 50/50 mix coolant).

I'm fine with coolant temp as after couple of cool down laps, it drops to low 90sC. Yet, my challenge is the intake temp. I'll be exploring custom made intercooler core.

Overall, Megalio on track is something else especially the buzz look you leave on super cars drivers :grin:

• Love
Reactions: littleg78
Had Gaz Golds fitted this morning. What a difference to the Eibach springs and cup shocks - on the middle setting and ride’s much firmer with less bounce!

My box of Clio bits is getting bigger - might need to start selling stuff soon!

She’s off to BeanieSport for the Meg conversion on Saturday!!!

So I picked up a ktec stage 2 turbo on eBay that’ll be plumbed into the forged Meg engine, and I’ve specced a better intercooler.

It’ll get the 630cc injectors when it’s dyno tuned, and just wondering what sort of power I should expect to get out of it?

I’m guessing the fuel pump and exhaust will be limiting factors… exhaust’s a Milltek resonated with sports cat.

Any guesses???

So I picked up a ktec stage 2 turbo on eBay that’ll be plumbed into the forged Meg engine, and I’ve specced a better intercooler.

It’ll get the 630cc injectors when it’s dyno tuned, and just wondering what sort of power I should expect to get out of it?

I’m guessing the fuel pump and exhaust will be limiting factors… exhaust’s a Milltek resonated with sports cat.

Any guesses???

About 350bhp if it's Meg 3rs engine. Slightly lower for Meg 2rs. I recommend to consider an uprated fuel pump (in-tank should be sufficient) unless it'll be fully track car, then supplement it with a surge tank as well. Sport cat shouldn't be a show stopper.

Last edited:
You'll see just over 300 if you're lucky, exhaust will be the limiting factor if its a clio exhaust from downpipe back.

Cool - I’d be really happy to even get close to 300 on the initial build. Give it another 12 months and I’ll definitely be swapping more bits out to improve performance!

Any guesses???
I had a megane 250 turbo that made just over 300bhp on a standard Clio fuel pump. Mine was running a 3” exhaust though. I think you’ll be around the 300 mark. With uprated fuel pump and exhaust probably nearer 330

Still waiting to get the car back after the Meglio conversion… didn’t think I’d miss it as much as I have over the last month! Renault parts on back order holding it up.

Took my mates MX5 out for a few laps of Bedford autodrome yesterday - really good fun with the roof down! Definitely want to get back there with the Clio once it’s been properly mapped.

Bedford is a good track when you're running more power than a stock Clio. It was night and day getting out of mine and passengering in Bens monster. Mind you, he is running near double the power and at least 3 times the torque!

Still waiting to get the car back after the Meglio conversion… didn’t think I’d miss it as much as I have over the last month! Renault parts on back order holding it up.

Took my mates MX5 out for a few laps of Bedford autodrome yesterday - really good fun with the roof down! Definitely want to get back there with the Clio once it’s been properly mapped.

Is this a fully forged engine or just pistonss?

After an 8 week wait for the Meglio conversion I can’t believe I’m picking up the car today - excited like a kid at Christmas!

There’s been significant scope creep over the last couple of months, and Black Friday didn’t help, but hoping for great results when I finally get it over to Andy!

For now just looking forward to putting a few gentle miles on the clock and driving something other than the family shopping trolley.

So pleased with the way the conversion has turned out - can’t recommend Chris @ Beanie Sport highly enough, he’s really pulled out all the stops with this one! Driving every day to put the first 500 miles on before I can open her up and really find out what I’ve paid for

Observations so far - where’s all the noise gone, it’s so civilised! Low down torque! Turbo sound is soooo addictive!

8EA39045-0733-409E-B83D-DE1A4931A9F3.jpeg

Cheeky before and after shot!

Great times. Remember it well.

I doubt it’s even making stock power at the minute so once mapped it’s going to scare you a little bit in a good way! I’m interested in where/who supplied the hard boost pipe that sits atop the engine. Do you know?

Alex doing the exhaust and fuel pump on the 13th… then I’ll be desperate to get it mapped! I think you’re totally right and don’t expect power to be anything special until it’s been properly set up.

I assumed the hard pipes were the standard items… although Chris did bolt on a few surprise items, like a Forge Recirc valve that he had in his spares stash, so could be non-standard. I’ll ask him when I see him next at the oil change.