Door buttons don't lock door - Clio 200

JMR

Paid Member
As title, I'll explain

2012 Clio 200
I can unlock the car by using the boot button, or the proximity sensors in both front door handles.

It unlocks fine.

When it comes to parking the car and locking it, the buttons in the exterior handles now don't work.
First of all, drivers side button started getting a bit temperamental.

Its on my list to sort out. But I don't use the car much.
Now today the passenger side is unresponsive when trying to lock the car.

I can use either the buttons on the remote key card, or the boot button, (centre of the Renault diamond)

What do I need to replace?
Just the little button, or the whole handle?

I'm going to replace the key fob batteries because they are on their way out as the range is getting shorter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys
Thanks
James

You can replace the tactile switch in the handle to remedy it or replace the hole handle with a new one - they’re £64 each. If you fancy changing the switch there’s a guide in the “how to” section, you’ll just need to become a member to view it.

Reactions: JMR
Thanks PITA I have been a member before and I'll join again.

I'll have a look at the guide in the next few days.

How much is the switch alone?

JMR - pop me a PM, I have a few of the micro switches lying about as I was meaning to get around to doing my door handles at some point. Happy to send them across if you cover postage? :smile:

HERE is the thread that contains the information RE switch replacement. I have10 of the same micro switches and will likely only use 2 (or 3 if I mess up the first!)

You still have to remove the door handle anyway the difference is price, extra time to replace switch and allow the potting compound to set and if your door handle has the paint worn. It's the same handle both sides so buy one handle swap the drivers door repair that handle and put it on the passenger side when it's turned for the other side the paint will look fresher, sell the passenger handle on repaired or not for the next guy.
1617882721565.png

Turn the handle over

1617882764727.png

Reactions: JMR and Sean197
I suppose if you're looking to save money and you have some spare time on your hands and you have basic soldiering skills/tools, then replacing the switch is the winner...

If you're more of a "time is money" fella and want to just replace the entire unit, buying new handles and replacing will be a much quicker resolution. :smile:

I'm only doing my switches because of the satisfaction of repairing something and I have already painted my handles to match the colour of the car.

Reactions: JMR
I suppose if you're looking to save money and you have some spare time on your hands and you have basic soldiering skills/tools, then replacing the switch is the winner...

I have time on my hands to a certain extent, and trim tools and don't mind taking a door card off etc.
Don't have a soldering iron so will have to buy a cheap one.
Not soldered since at school which was A LONG time ago LOL. :200T:
Will have to get some soldering wire too, don't know which sort though ???
Is it essentially the same, I know you can get flux cored is this the stuff I want?

Just a simple soldering setup will suffice - £15 delivered for the basics:

Iron
Holder
Solder

Obviously this is cheap but it will do for the job you need it for and will likely come in handy for future jobs... You could grab some heatshrink tubing to use after you've soldered to protect the connections

Heatshrink tubing

Anyways - good luck!

Reactions: DS197
77 01 478 162

Definitely the right part number I have the packaging from a brand new one I bought right in front of me.

Bought mine from Bristol Street Motors at Chesterfield.
I think its the Nissan/Skoda parts hub, but being Nissan, they do all the Renault parts.

Just phoned them up and they posted it out to me.

Reactions: DanceMonkeyRS200