Overhauled brakes but don't feel that great.

Hi all I recently overhauled my braking system with the following.

• All calipers removed, stripped and rebuilt with new pistons and seals.
  • HEL Braided brake lines front and rear.
  • Brembo hc discs front
  • Cant remember rears but where recommended on here. Have oem bearings.
  • Brembo pads all round.
  • Motul 600 fluid flushed through.

I expected this to stop on its nose. Its a little clio with brembos on.

The fact is it's a bit vague and does not fill me with confidence on the initial bite.

I originally pressure bled it but was not happy so took it to a garage who stuck it on the bleeding machine with more motul and that seemed to improve it loads.

Are the brakes really just not that amazing or is it maybe time for some better pads and/or another bleed?

Cheers all.

I've also got Brembo pads and they don't offer great initial bite at all. Perhaps some more aggressive pads would do some good.

A few things to check:
1. Did you clean up the slots and guides the pads sit in and did the pads slide freely in there working directions without being too loose. Don't file the caliper but the caliper contact surface on the pad to adjust as needed a little copper grease will help.
2. The rear calipers are hard to keep adjusted up things to check handbrake cable moving freely disconnect from the rear caliper arm and push, pull the cable. Then check the rear caliper arm goes all the way back to the stop when bleeding up the system the handbrake adjusts the rear calipers as its used so people that don't park the car with the handbrake on may not get the full benefit.
3. Pads and discs take a bit of mileage to bed in, I used genuine front discs and the bedding in surface on the disc was crazy it took a while to brake more gently I was hanging on the seatbelts the first few miles.
4. Since you had so much disconnected the fluid loss might have allowed air in the ABS unit etc and might take a little time and a couple of bleeds to get it out. The Renault clip has the ability to open the ABS circuits while bleeding
upload_2019-12-28_19-27-44.png

If all that does not work you might have a problem I personally would have stuck with a standard brake fluid unless your doing track days or stuff like that some fluids can swell the rubbers in the system and loss of performance or feel. Remember the same fluid operates the clutch circuit and if it was not flushed contamination might have happened although to how much affect I don't know it would nearly be impossible to empty and refill the clutch slave cylinder without great unnecessary effort.

I'd also perhaps suggest the pads could be letting it down slightly

I have done all of my brakes but not rebuilt the caliper and have pagid discs up front, pbs pads, with pagid pads in the rear and snr discs.

The braking is outstanding

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

They’re not lightweight cars anymore but even so the braking performance even in standard form should be good/excellent. People who track their cars regularly use the Brembo calipers and discs up front and just out a more expensive pad in