I don't know where this is going to end up...

Had the 500 mile oil change and health check today - and due to a small oil leak was very lucky to get an intimate view of the shiney bits of my new engine!

49009475-F8CE-45F1-9E8E-513EF60C32B5.jpeg

Car got a full bill of health, so going ahead with exhaust and fuel pump Monday - then off to RSTuning for a map on Friday!

@Big Ben the hard pipes are the originals, just polished up a bit!

Had the 500 mile oil change and health check today - and due to a small oil leak was very lucky to get an intimate view of the shiney bits of my new engine!

View attachment 148420

Car got a full bill of health, so going ahead with exhaust and fuel pump Monday - then off to RSTuning for a map on Friday!

@Big Ben the hard pipes are the originals, just polished up a bit!
RSTuning for the map now?

RSTuning for the map now?

I’d really like to get the car finished before Christmas, and Andy’s super busy at the moment… the drive up to Leeds will put some more miles on the engine as welI.

That said, the ECU was being a bit shy yesterday and didn’t want to talk to clip. Hoping it decides to be a bit more friendly before Friday or might be late Jan / Feb before it’s finished!

Reactions: Big Ben
I hate these cars… nothings ever straight forward!

Nothing major wrong, and out of my hands for now, but if it’s not behaving itself by February I’m turning it in to cube and buying a Yaris GR!!!

I hate these cars… nothings ever straight forward!

Nothing major wrong, and out of my hands for now, but if it’s not behaving itself by February I’m turning it in to cube and buying a Yaris GR!!!
I feel your frustration mate. If you want a ride/drive in mine anytime just to keep you focussed just message me. I know you’re pretty local:thumb:

Owning these cars is an emotional rollercoaster - they have huge potential, but are so temperamental and high maintenance. @burrellbloke my patience is wafer thin now

I’ve resigned myself to the fact she won’t be fully ready until at least Feb/March, and out of sight is out of mind for now. From what I’ve experienced so far I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!

Thanks for offer of a drive out @Big Ben - I think I’d need a passenger lap on track to feel the full Garrett experience - at the risk of spending infinitely more money I’ll try to sync up with you next year!

Quick update - before the car went back for a bit more work I stuck a new badge on the back as a “not so subtle” hint at the new megane engine under the bonnet.

Basically got a chrome “m” and applied a couple of coats of the Ferrari Red caliper paint I had laying about - no idea how it’ll hold up, might be flaking off already!!!

A5A59500-83DF-4072-A845-7C1310F66E71.jpeg
0EF1C74C-FCFA-4669-845B-D5D2038515C6.jpeg

I think it’s in keeping with my “too much carbon fibre” aesthetic… nice and tacky! I was a wee bit annoyed that I had to clean a bit of the boot to stick the letter on - not due it’s annual clean for a few more months!

Also stuck in a supreme motorsport fire extinguisher mount - not that I’m expecting the new engine to catch fire :grimacing:

70FAB87D-70A0-4B7E-A8DA-52BF9EB02B74.jpeg

Quick update - before the car went back for a bit more work I stuck a new badge on the back as a “not so subtle” hint at the new megane engine under the bonnet.

Basically got a chrome “m” and applied a couple of coats of the Ferrari Red caliper paint I had laying about - no idea how it’ll hold up, might be flaking off already!!!

View attachment 148463
View attachment 148464

I think it’s in keeping with my “too much carbon fibre” aesthetic… nice and tacky! I was a wee bit annoyed that I had to clean a bit of the boot to stick the letter on - not due it’s annual clean for a few more months!

Also stuck in a supreme motorsport fire extinguisher mount - not that I’m expecting the new engine to catch fire :grimacing:

View attachment 148465
Seats look nice:grinning:
Worth more now than you paid!!

• Haha
Reactions: littleg78
Sounds like I’ll get car back next week - so can start planning next steps!

I’ve bought the following bits since November - PMS Resonated Exhaust and Sports Cat, Uprated fuel pump, Depo boost/oil gauge, @RSRowe battery relocation kit, PC680 battery, and Airtek induction.

Need to get a date booked in with Alex. A question for those of you who’ve dropped your car off with him for work… how the hell do you get home? He’s in the middle of nowhere!

Get someone to follow you there so they can give you a lift back.

I would but the Mrs can’t drive, and it’s a bit far for the father in law.

Google doesn’t think there’s any public transport nearby :worried:

If only I had space to keep a trailer at home! I’m guessing it would be prohibitively expensive to have someone transport it.

I would but the Mrs can’t drive, and it’s a bit far for the father in law.

Google doesn’t think there’s any public transport nearby :worried:

If only I had space to keep a trailer at home! I’m guessing it would be prohibitively expensive to have someone transport it.
Alex has a transport guy also called Alex! could ask for a quote?
Failing that I’m sure Alex could drop you in Braintree where there’s a train station

Alex has a transport guy also called Alex! could ask for a quote?
Failing that I’m sure Alex could drop you in Braintree where there’s a train station

Or what I've done before when I got my 740iL LPG'd, I basically looked for nearest rental car place (Enterprise) as they do a pick up service, then get cheapest car for a few days (depending how long AW have your car) then either drop back at another branch or drop it there and ask for a dropoff back to AW.

If you have something suitable to tow with, a lot of places will hire out a trailer for a day, usually around £40 or so. I used to use a 5 series touring to do the towing before I started working in the transport business and got given a 4x4 and trailer.

Car’s been back with me for a week, and off to AWMotorworks tomorrow for exhaust, fuel pump, gauges, Airtek induction and battery relocation.

Alex happy to drop me off at train station which makes transport easier!

Also removed the awful (imo) carbon fibre vent inserts today and cleaned off the residual goop.

E1475015-3B93-467A-9088-45C2A7600384.jpeg