I don't know where this is going to end up...

littleg78

Paid Member
Finally creating a progress thread to keep track of the changes to my car.

It’s a full fat 200 with cup pack and spoiler, and was pretty nice when I got my hands on it - 2012, one owner, 75000 miles, full main dealer history with belts done in 2018… and no mods!

Since then…

June 2019 - Track rod ends

July 2019 - Milltek resonated cat back exhaust (Sounds a bit louder than factory)
July 2019 - Eibach Pro lowering springs (A bit bouncy but ride height so much better)
July 2019 - Projector headlights (Beautiful and light the road better)
July 2019 - Phillips WhiteVision Xenon Effect headlights and side lights
July 2019 - Osram Diadem Chrome indicator bulbs
July 2019 - LED numberplate and internal lights

August 2019 - Recaro seats (So comfy!)

October 2019 - Replacement Clutch, Slave Cylinder and Gearbox Oil (Maybe not necessary, but made me happy)

July 2020 - Matt black Oz Ultraleggera’s (Wanted bronze, but glad they only had black in stock... saved me from my own bad taste!)
July 2020 - Replacement Ball Joints and Swivel Hubs (Needed for MOT)
July 2020 - Renault Sport Gear Knob (Love that cold metal feel!)
July 2020 - Private Plate

October 2020 - KTR Clio 3RS Induction Kit (THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!)
October 2020 - Bosch S4 075 Battery (See replacement clutch)

On Novembers to do list:

Inner tie rods (Better steering)
Toyosport Manifold (Better Noise)
Milltek Sports Cat (Better Noise)
Powerflex engine and gearbox bushes (because Toyosport Manifold)
Maybe a remap… depending on flat spot

I’m not keen on the grey colour of the car, but it’s too late to change my mind now! I’m also in two minds about the stickers on the side of the car.

I originally bought it to use on track, but haven’t been brave enough yet! I’ll need to look at some new brake pads and Iines before I take it out… excuses excuses!

I'll post some pics when the weather clears up a bit!

I bought it in June 2019... previous owner kept it standard, I’m no where near that patient!

I’ve pretty much spent the same again on mods since buying it!!!
:oops:

Reactions: EthanMenace
Didn’t get much down in November, but the stuff that has been done has made a HUGE difference.

Nov 2020 - MotoCNC MAP sensor holder
Nov 2020 - Inner Tie Rods and Tracking (Steering is finally how it’s supposed to be - awesome!)
Nov 2020 - Milltek sports cat (Sounds better - and no flat spot!)

Car now handles, sounds and performs great, probably won’t do anything with the manifold and engine mounts until next year.

Being a Clio it’s still demanding attention though, and a mystery engine noise and coolant leak will have to be dealt with next!

Reactions: burrellbloke
Didn’t get much down in November, but the stuff that has been done has made a HUGE difference.

Nov 2020 - MotoCNC MAP sensor holder
Nov 2020 - Inner Tie Rods and Tracking (Steering is finally how it’s supposed to be - awesome!)
Nov 2020 - Milltek sports cat (Sounds better - and no flat spot!)

Car now handles, sounds and performs great, probably won’t do anything with the manifold and engine mounts until next year.

Being a Clio it’s still demanding attention though, and a mystery engine noise and coolant leak will have to be dealt with next!

Hello mate,

I've got a non-res scorp cat back exhaust coming this week, and I've always wondered whether to straight decat it or sports cat, but the price difference is just massive so i'm so unsure, I know they're different brands, but it is a noticeable difference in the noise of the car? More crackles when up-shifting? So many positives and negatives with both regarding price, passing mot, noise etc etc. If you could give me your opinion that'd be great. Cheers buddy and lovely car! Need some photos though! :wink::thumb:

Reactions: littleg78
I think the Scorpion non-res will be a whole different beast to my Milltek resonated system!

The setup I’ve got is pretty subtle, and the cat back system on its own wasn’t very different to standard - just a bit more fruity under acceleration.

After I fitted KTR induction kit all I could hear was noise from the intake - I think adding the Milltek sports cat has balanced out the sound between intake and exhaust - but again it’s still a pretty subtle enhancement... no crackles etc.

I bought a Toyo manifold, but I’m now in two minds about fitting it. I’m happy with the way the exhaust sounds, and not sure how much louder it will be without the first cat in the original manifold.

Reactions: joehodges154
I think the Scorpion non-res will be a whole different beast to my Milltek resonated system!

The setup I’ve got is pretty subtle, and the cat back system on its own wasn’t very different to standard - just a bit more fruity under acceleration.

After I fitted KTR induction kit all I could hear was noise from the intake - I think adding the Milltek sports cat has balanced out the sound between intake and exhaust - but again it’s still a pretty subtle enhancement... no crackles etc.

I bought a Toyo manifold, but I’m now in two minds about fitting it. I’m happy with the way the exhaust sounds, and not sure how much louder it will be without the first cat in the original manifold.

Thanks for that mate, I'll think I'll just stick to the cat back system, being young I do want it as loud as possible, very yobbish I know, but maybe invest some money into it in the future. :thumb:

Final update for the year:

Dec 2020 - New genuine Renault PCV valve (Engine noise fixed)
Dec 2020 - New genuine Renault Thermostat (Coolant leak fixed)

I’ll probably go ahead with the Toyo manifold and powerflex bits next year, but car’s now tucked away in garage for the winter.

Also eyeing up Engine Dynamics cat cams for next year - not too pricey if done with belts etc. Anyone tried them?

Reactions: Sean197
After planning not to do anything until the spring... stuff happened anyway.
January 2020 - Carbon Fibre spoiler end plates, Spatz and door handle covers​
January 2020 - De-badged and De-stickered the boot and rear window.​
February 2020 - New MTec drilled and grooved discs, and brembo pads, on all 4 corners. Touched up paint on rear callipers.​
February 2020 - Replacement brake fluid, fully bled clutch, installed powerflex gearbox mount.​

I might have a go at the Poweflex engine mounts next - but will definitely be leaving the manifold to a professional!

The how to guides on this site are amazing and have given me the confidence to tackle jobs I would never even have considered before owning the Clio! If I can do it anyone can!

Last edited:
Treated the car to some Red Line gearbox oil this morning.

How to guide was great, although I forgot to buy the 8mm square thing to remove the sump plug so had to dash to Halfords... again!

I used the gravity method to get the new oil in... bought a 1m length of 15mm hose from eBay which worked a treat.

A few more bits added in preparation for my first track day in June!!!

- Ferodo DS2500 pads up front, and KTR braided brake lines all around (Simple job but been a long time coming!)

- Megane Recaros from @Big Ben that are low enough for me to fit my gorilla proportioned body into the car while wearing a helmet!

Sourced some Clio plugs for the seats via FB which are being wired up by Alex @ AWMotorworks next week, and will stop off for a quick wheel alignment at Tyre-Smart on the way back.

Found a tiny hole in my new ToyoSport Manifold - gap in the weld, going to plug it with some JB Weld Extreme Heat.

tempImageGosz6X.jpg

Only thing left to do is find a cheap GoPro type device and figure out how to secure it to the car!