I honestly don't think TF is as bad as some youtube videos make it out to be. Providing you can keep a lid on things and not go 10 10ths. As at the end of the day it is still just a toll road during these sessions. You will get muppets on track but you'd get that anywhere IMHO. The only concern I have now as I am becoming an adult with responsibilities is the liability for dropping fluids etc.

That being said I think I think a trackday next year is the best bet. As I spent circa 500 quid on TF laps over two days which is the cost of a trackday.

@RSRowe is right regarding the drive over from anywhere north of Milton Keynes. It's Circa 5 hours to Folkstone from Barnsley and similar again when you're on the continent. Plus driving around Brussels is a pain in the arse. Always traffic and always poor driving standards.

To be fair, your first time over the excitement will probably keep you going.

It’s usually 12-14 hours door to door when I go via the tunnel :sleepy:

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Sounds a great trip

The wife’s cheating on you….just saying:grinning:

No way with the cup racer front end and stiffened rear beam you’ll be wanting to drive over. Would be horrific!

After watching some videos of crashes on TF days I am going to book up a Circuit Days date for the summer. I am sure that we might try a few TF laps

I haven't got a tow vehicle so might need to think about how we travel.
Wise decision. From what I've heard it gets more loony by the minute.

If you've problems down there you can always contact Kirfel.

Reactions: burrellbloke
Regarding your check emissions light.
I have it come up a few times to haunt me. It comes on when doing fwy speeds and triggers after three faults but has to be in a row I find.
If the sensors are ok, it could be an exhaust leak before the sensor or an air leak from the intake somewhere, or depasher on the way out, or cat is stuffed.
I fiddled with the pcv last time (zip ties the hose down and replaced the O rings and cleaned it) and it went away after a couple drives on the fwy. Not sure what it was specifically though.

@EthanMenace did some more essential track day preparation tonight and sorted out the scabby black badges on the Clio. Black badges were probably one of the first modifications that we made to the original Clio and those badges were transferred on to the newer shell. Recently they had been showing signs of ageing. I don’t think that the plastic likes strong car wash chemicals like fallout remover.

These are the badges that we removed from the car.

4C6D7CB2-7E43-4E51-BEC7-F5E672B22749.jpeg

Now we have new glossy badges to add some extra power to the car.

5089A778-B177-43FC-851C-7458DCEBE7E8.jpeg

We are off to Brands Hatch on Thursday evening for a Track Obsession night. Hopefully the recent awful wet weather will bugger off by Thursday leaving us with a warm dry evening.

I will be able to try out the Cup spoiler together with the Sabelt Cup Racer wheel and sun strip. None of those will make my driving any better but at least I will have more of a “racekor” look to the car. Ethan and I have both agreed that the alcantara wheel should not be touched by sweaty or greasy human hands so we have both invested in some gloves.

I am also looking forward to having the Yaris v Clio battle on Thursday.

[mention]burrellbloke [/mention] [mention]EthanMenace [/mention]
what gloves have you guys gone for i was looking at gloves the other night amd just could not decide what to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the most common items you'll see. The OMP First Evo kit is cheapish but meets various regs. I've actually got 2 pairs because the first came up a bit small in the end. They take a few sessions to settle but I rate them.

I have these, they’re only gaming gloves (for sim racing) so not MSA/FIA approved for racing and have no fire retarding properties, but then again neither are the rest of the gear I wear on track days:

I also went for a set of these as I have not got the gloves to race in and did not want a glove that went up to my elbow.

Ethan has got some Alpinestars Tech-1 Start V2 for a Danny DC2 look in fluorescent yellow.

You might be surprised by how much difference a new steering wheel will make to the feel of the car.

Gloves are definitely a worthwhile investment. My mates used to call me a full kit w*nker when I first started wearing them but they've all invested now!

One thing to note is I wish I didn't get Gauntlet style ones as they're annoying when heading out on track and showing your wrist band!