button panle looks very nice it's slightly different to mine as all my buttons are at the botton but i kind of like the horn being at the top should look perfect when fitted [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: burrellbloke
For the past few months the car has been throwing up a "Check emissions" error on the dash board.

This message comes and goes and is intermittent. The error is not causing any performance issues as we have done a few track days where the error pops up, but then disappears on track. Driving the car around at normal pace during short journeys has not been a problem either.

The error code from CLIP is DF394.

Capture 2.PNG

The car only has a pre-cat in the standard manifold.

Has anyone had any experience of this error code?

On another OBD2 reader the code comes up as P4020.

IMG_5334.jpeg

I am wondering if we should just change the lambda sensor before the pre-cat in the manifold?

I will see what happens in November time with the MOT.

I am starting to think that the map that took it to 206 bhp may have triggered the emissions light.

I have had far too much time on my hands and have made plans for some upgrades over the next 6 months or so.

I have booked Alex at AW Motorworks to have a spare rear beam strengthened with a PMS stiffening kit, powder coated and to have a PMS rear bearing conversion kit put in. The plan is to drop off a beam in a few weeks and get it back by early September 2023 so that the car will be ready to use at Oulton Park on 19th September 2023.

We have had a clunking from the drivers side front Gaz Gold shock for months now. I have been in contact with Gaz who told me that they charge £60 to service a front shock so I will get both of the front shocks done. Helpfully they are only about 10 miles from where I live. We might even have them serviced before Oulton as the car will have to go up on axle stands in September 2023 to fit the rear beam so we could get both jobs done at the same time.

We are going to put on a cup racer front end with solid subframe bushes, EE brackets etc from PMS.

Amongst our parts stash we have a set of hubs and front control arms. We will get uprated ball joints put on the spare hubs, new wheel bearings pressed in and spherical bearings put in the control arms.

Finally, I have decided that 2024 is going to be the year that we go to the Ring. After a trip to the pub last night with the Wife and @EthanMenace I was given the marital blessing to go and make some memories at the Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Shocks will likely be the pillowball bearing in the top mounts - Ben and Simmo have replaced theirs. Only 20 quid for the pair I think

Ring will be good fun. I'd definitely recommend doing a trackday over there as opposed to the tourist laps though.
I'll likely be booking the Circuit Days summer date (dates usually get announced mid Decemeber), plus another. I'm sure @R20BTG will aswell.

Honestly the ring is 100% worth doing.

Though if you can I would try to go with a group of people. Should something break it'll be a lot easier to get around and get parts etc. Unless you're towing.

Shocks will likely be the pillowball bearing in the top mounts - Ben and Simmo have replaced theirs. Only 20 quid for the pair I think

Ring will be good fun. I'd definitely recommend doing a trackday over there as opposed to the tourist laps though.
I'll likely be booking the Circuit Days summer date (dates usually get announced mid Decemeber), plus another. I'm sure @R20BTG will aswell.

After watching some videos of crashes on TF days I am going to book up a Circuit Days date for the summer. I am sure that we might try a few TF laps

Honestly the ring is 100% worth doing.

Though if you can I would try to go with a group of people. Should something break it'll be a lot easier to get around and get parts etc. Unless you're towing.

I haven't got a tow vehicle so might need to think about how we travel.