A basic boss will do the job then and I will forgo the style points until I have converted the Clio to a single seater, fully caged monster capable of beating F1 cars.

I'm 99% certain I ordered this boss for mine.

I went for the deepest dish wheel I could get because I like having the wheel close to me, easier to get my arms crossed over, none of that wheel shuffling stuff going on.

Reactions: burrellbloke
I have the sadev racer quick release, it looks the business but is certainly a huge waste of money as I never take it off unless removing the dash..

Reactions: burrellbloke
I have the sadev racer quick release, it looks the business but is certainly a huge waste of money as I never take it off unless removing the dash..
I don't mind a huge waste of money but I might just get a basic one and put the money towards stiffening up the rear beam.

Have you got any idea what you paid GDF to do yours?

Last edited:
I am going with a basic steering wheel boss and might go back at a later date and consider a quick release boss. I have planned my/our Clio spending for the next few months and have a target of getting a PMS stiffening kit sorted for the rear beam as the next project.

About 6 months ago we bought some ZeroPointOne harness guides and found out that they were too big for the horizontal bar on our JG Cages half cage. We had applied a simple solution of wrapping a reasonable amount of tape around the bar to get the harness guides to bite and clamp on. But, the hot weather had made the adhesive on the tape wither so @EthanMenace used his design and 3D printing skills to create a solution and print some spacers.

70887534441__A2F7AD13-D474-4425-9F22-F954C833E7D2.jpeg

They are plastic inserts to sit between the harness guide and the horizontal beam to allow the harness guides to properly clamp on to the bar without causing any damage, and to stay clamped on.

IMG_5271.jpeg

The harness guides are billet aluminium with a small amount of protective foam on the inside. With the plastic spacers they are now sitting as they should.

IMG_5273.jpeg

Today we removed the very short sun strip and put on a cheap eBay matte black sun strip.

IMG_5275.jpeg

This sun strip is the right depth. I did get some yellow Renault Sport decals to apply to the very first sun strip that I had delivered. I cannot decide if I should add the decals to the existing sun strip or just leave it as a plain sun strip. Obviously the decals have still got the backing strip on them in the picture below.

IMG_5276.jpeg

We are both going to think about it. I might end up putting them on and when the windscreen wipers scrape them off be left with a "ENAULT Spor" line of text that makes no sense.

This was the third sun strip we have put on within 7 days. We still have 2 spares if it all goes wrong in the future.

Last edited:
Have you checked if the wipers even go up there?
This a bit of a grey area in the UK. Most cars on here that are track cars will have an MOT tester who understands what the cars are used for are a bit more friendly lets say.

On the other hand the police don't seem know the law regarding this themselves in the UK. As I've been with a friend before with a sun strip and been advised that this was illegal as it would fail a tint test....... The car had no tinted windows at the time.