[mention]burrellbloke [/mention] i have got some deep matt black sun-strips of you need a spare just let me know [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: burrellbloke
Do yourself a favor and buy something like this.

You can apply it from the inside as two parts. It's much better as it doesn't wears. Mine looks like this for example. If you still want any writing later on you can apply only the letters from the outside.

That looks good.

When the sun strips that we have already ordered fall apart and come off the car I will probably get an internal sun strip.

soapy water in a spray bottle, spray both the screen and the back of the strip when applying and you can manoeuvre it a little to get in place. i used some decorators tape on the screen to mark out the correct depth down the windshield at a few places and butted the strip against that.

i actually cut out my rain sensor afterwards around a 2p coin by marking with some tape where it was, and how far from the tape was the hole centre for the sensor.

in future i'll probably do the internally mounted idea but for now it seems fine and doesn't seem too bothered about the wipers. mine was a £3 ebay speshal.

Our auto lights and wipers don’t work anyway so not worried about the cutout for now! My ebay ones arrived today so we’ll give it another go this weekend. Third time lucky

Reactions: Jakkehoop
I have just ordered a new Sabelt steering wheel from France. £150 Delivered via Oreca.com - unless I get hit with any import duties?

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 19.22.27.png

I need to order a Volontech 6 button panel and a boss. What recommendations do people have for bosses?

If I get hit with import duty it will probably still be cheaper than buying it in the UK.

You have to love Brexit - I have yet to see any positives from Brexit.

Are quick release bosses worth the extra money? If you have a quick release boss so that your wheel comes off do you then need to have something like a wired button panel like this, so that the buttons are connected even when you remove the wheel from the boss?

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 09.19.53.png

I can't help thinking that I am not going to take the wheel off very often if at all. But the more I lookout fancy things the more I want them.

Reactions: jimmybell
Slightly less condescending answer; quick release steering wheels originate from single seater racing or full on race cars where the roll cage and/or cockpit design mean that entry and egress are hindered by the steering wheel and column position.

In F1, it makes getting in and out of the cockpit easier than it would it the steering wheel was fixed.

In endurance racing it allows fast driver changes by getting it out of the way prior to driver swap to make a bit more room for manoeuvring in and out.

Neither of these things are a consideration in a Clio. By all means get one, but it would purely be for looks rather than having any practical function.

Perhaps you could consider it a security device if you were worried about the car being stolen.