@EthanMenace put in some hard work this evening and installed the Corbeau bucket seats.

The Pure Motorsport side mounts were delivered today and no time was wasted.

IMG_4298.jpeg

The PMS side mounts required a bit of fettling as they bolts provided with the Corbeau seats were slightly too big to go through the pre-drilled holes and slots.

IMG_4300.jpeg

We had relocated the battery from the engine bay to under the passenger side seat a long time ago. I was worried that the battery might not fit under the bucket seat but it was not an issue and the passenger side seat went in without any problems.

IMG_4302.jpeg

The drivers side seat has been bolted down but we will need to do a bit of test driving to make sure it is in the "right" position. I have had a quick sit in the seats and thy feel good. I am looking forward to seeing what difference they really make at the next track day.

The yellow dot Recaros are now sat in the Man Cave whilst @EthanMenace decides if he wants to keep them or sell them.

I got out the ancient laptop today to sort out the airbag light on the dashboard.

IMG_4441.jpeg

I find CLIP a very clunky interface and although I have used it quite a few times I always find myself cycling through menus to double check I am doing the right thing.

IMG_4443.jpeg

Eventually, after some educated guess work I managed to select the right configuration options to turn off the airbag lights.

IMG_4445.jpeg

Reactions: wootwoot
I took the Clio for a quick drive today to test out the new seat and to have an excuse to use the ZPO.

IMG_4447.jpeg

The Corbeau seat sits a lot lower than the Recaro, and it is not even on the lowest position. The seating position feels better and less like a bus drivers seating position. It feels slightly odd looking up to use to the rear view mirror now.

IMG_4450.jpeg

I took the car for a quick drive around my local roads and threw the car in to a few roundabouts. Due to the lack of sliding about on a normal seat it gave me a bit too much confidence as the tyres were cold and roads were slightly damp.

IMG_4451.jpeg

The car has come a long way since we picked it up in April 2020.

IMG_4448.jpeg

as you said looks like you guys have come a long way and with some really nice parts keep the updates flowing been a very good read so far [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EthanMenace
After I said last week that the Clio had come a long way this happened.

IMG_4458.jpeg

Both chassis legs are knackered.

IMG_4463.jpeg

I wasn't driving the car at the time. The car was going round a slip road that sweeps round about 180 degrees, hit something on the floor that caused the back end to snap out and then the car hit a crash barrier with a bump.

The crash bar came off the car, the front bumper is in many pieces and other bits of the front end are now scattered around the slip road.

The engine cranks but is not starting. Although the car has lost it's coolant nothing else is leaking out.

It is all very depressing.

I am hoping that the engine and all other running gear is okay. The wheels are still pointing in the right direction and move with the steering wheel as they should. They still have the negative camber that they should have. The suspension seems to be okay.

The current plan is to reshell the car - depending on how much it is going to cost. The engine is solid, the other upgraded parts could be transferred. I have managed to locate a potential shell via Alex at AW Motorworks. I already had an appointment with Alex on Saturday to sort out the geo on the Yaris but this appointment will now turn in to a discussion about sorting out version 2 of the Clio.

I have had a look around and I have seen 197s and 200s for sale around £3,000 for some poorer examples. I guess the other option is to buy a complete car and then transfer across the running gear.

I could just give up, sell off the parts we have collected over the past few years and be miserable about the situation. I am not ready to do that yet so will get a plan of action together and see if we can create another better car.

I was looking forward to a track day at Brands Hatch with the Clio and Yaris in December. It will now just be the Yaris.

Absolutely gutted for you but at least it might be a chance to rebuild starting from scratch with all the good parts and knowledge you've gained.

I'll hunt through my spares and see if there's any bits I've got and donate them to the cause.

Reactions: burrellbloke
Ah not a nice read. Sorry to see it in such a state.
Is the supreme motorsports shell still around? That would be an epic shell to move to!

I saw that one. It is pretty local to me.

I am going to talk through the cost of reshelling the car at the weekend. If it is going to super expensive we may have to pick up a car that is complete and transfer over our good stuff.

Ah not a nice read. Sorry to see it in such a state.
Is the supreme motorsports shell still around? That would be an epic shell to move to!

I know it is a really nice shell, brand new condition, with a full cage. But, I think it would make the project really expensive starting off with a shell like that. Ideally I need something that comes with brake lines, fuel lines, loom etc.. etc. already in it.

Reactions: strell