I got the dash trim parts from a chap called CarbonSkins. You can find him on Facebook. I bought the dash trim parts from him with the Renault Sport logo on them already. I am not sure if it is a decal or a stencil that he used.

If it helps I can measure the size of the Renault Sport logo for you later today?

I got the dash trim parts from a chap called CarbonSkins. You can find him on Facebook. I bought the dash trim parts from him with the Renault Sport logo on them already. I am not sure if it is a decal or a stencil that he used.

If it helps I can measure the size of the Renault Sport logo for you later today?
that would be great
thank you
i don't have facebook so wonder if he is contactable any-other way
i'll have a look
thanks gain

The only way I know how to contact CarbonSkins is via Facebook. I have spent years not using Facebook but signed up a few months ago to get in contact with a few people about Clio related issues.

Here are a few photos with a ruler to show you the measurements.

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beany
Today I took out the wiper linkage.

When I got the car the drivers side wiper would clear most of the drivers side of the windscreen, but after taking the wiper arms off a few months ago the drivers side wiper did not seem to get as far across on the drivers side anymore. The wipers started in this position this morning.

IMG_1347.jpeg

After taking out the scuttle panel I found lots of dirt.

IMG_1348.jpeg

The wiper linkage came out without a problem.

IMG_1349.jpeg

When I moved the linkage manually it felt stiff but there were no points when it would refuse to move. The drivers side of the linkage looked a little bit rusty and corroded.

IMG_1350.jpeg

I gave the wiper linkage a clean with a metal wire brush to get off the worst of the rust and then gave the mechanism a good spray with some GT85 lubricant to see if it could dislodge any moisture and possibly add some lubricant if the bushes were not properly sealed. I did not not bother to remove and regrets the bushes. I gave it a liberal spray of ACF50 to see if that would help stop any further rust.

I gave the area under the scuttle panel a clean with a bucket of warm water, a sponge and a few cheap nylon brushes.

IMG_1354 (1).jpeg

I thought about getting the pressure washer out to give it a really good clean but the wiper motor is not protected from water and the heater matrix inlet was likely to just drink up any excess water. Although I did not get rid of all of the dirt it looked far better than how I found it. I poked my fingers around the scuttle drains and removed any large bits of dirt to make sure that they were free of debris and able to drain away any water.

IMG_1356.jpeg

After putting the wiper arms on I had a few attempts at positioning them. Eventually I got them in to what I thought was the best position.

IMG_1359.jpeg

The wiper arms are now sitting higher than they were at the start of the day. But they now reach to where I want them to on the drivers side. You can just make out from water mark in the photo below that they now reach pretty much across the drivers side of the windscreen.

IMG_1360.jpeg

I have ordered a new thermostat from Renault Parts Direct as I am convinced that my thermostat is not working properly so my car is not getting up to the right working temperature. The thermostat is not really a problem as the car is not going to overheat, but it is just a minor niggle that I would like to resolve.

I am also going to have a good look at the underside of my car next week. I have hired a garage with a car lift for the day. It is £120 and about 45 minutes drive from my home. @EthanMenace is bringing his Trophy along to fix how his exhaust hangs. I don't think that the Clio has got any real problems that need to be sorted out underneath the car but I would like to check if there is any corrosion going on that I cannot see.

I did have a novice track day booked this weekend at Lydden Hill but due to COVID that has been shifted to Sunday 12th December 2020.

The Clio is running well now. It feels good. The K-Tec induction kit and Akrapovic exhaust make it sound good. Hopefully it will perform well on the track without falling apart or suffering some kind of mechanical issue.

Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Renault Parts Direct have delivered a shiny new thermostat.

tempImageIojHzW.jpg

It has got 75 stamped on the thermostat so hopefully it will solve my temperature gauge issue.

tempImageHEGDxV.jpg

I have also got some yellow trimmed Renault Sport car mats to replace the white trimmed mats we got less then 6 months ago. The yellow trim is to match the other yellow colours like the Recaro yellow dot material, the seat belts and dash trims etc., etc.

tempImagef7WekH.jpg

@EthanMenace fitted a new thermostat on his day off whilst I was at work this week. Now the thermostat is sitting where it should be (between the second and third markers) when it is at a normal temperature.

IMG_1390.jpeg

I took the car to work earlier in the week when it was really cold outside. The temperature gauge did not get past the second marker. I have driven the car today to Kent and back, 45 minutes each way, and it sat exactly where it is in the photo above.

The new car mats are in.

IMG_1391.jpeg

They will match the other yellow interior parts.

Today I had a look underneath the Clio.

IMG_1389.jpeg

I was at a garage that I had rented with @EthanMenace for the day. We spent most of the day fitting new brake pads, bleeding his brakes, sorting out a new splitter, and trying to sort out his sagging exhaust on his Trophy. I wanted to check underneath the car for any bad signs of rust.

IMG_1375.jpeg

To be fair the underside of the Clio looks okay.

I needed some new art work to put on the walls of the man cave and had ordered some custom prints from 21 Ten https://www.instagram.com/21ten.art/ I am not sure if Neil is on this forum?

Neil was a pleasure to do business with. All of the prints are personalised to the Renaults in my house. The 200 has got the yellow features such as the RS grille badge and yellow stripe in the steering wheel. Also, on the Trophy it has non-standard red painted callipers. I sent Neil some photos and after talking about the prints he sent me copies of proofs which evolved in to the final prints.

IMG_1392.jpeg

Once I have got some frames for the A3 sized prints I will put them up on the wall.

The Clio went to The Car Studio today for a good clean and some paint protection.

A700F2C4-25EE-48B5-A517-EF272FDC2CEC.jpeg

Ian did an excellent job.

239E77E0-0D90-4310-8BDE-8AE47D836B91.jpeg

The weather is awful at the moment and it does not help that the car is glacier white. It gets dirty quickly in winter but hopefully it will stay a bit cleaner for longer.

C123203E-D3AD-41BA-8C1C-BBB438A52996.jpeg

I am really pleased with Ian’s work.

C3737F1B-07A0-42FC-AF15-9EA833AB357A.jpeg

Reactions: Beany and Addison
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of how clean it is lol. This time of year was the only time I hated having GW, it's lovely when clean though!

Reactions: EthanMenace
it's one of my favourite mods! Would definitely recommend.
What would you say the induction kit is like to live with on a day to day basis on the 200? I'm not looking for something that's loud 100% of the time, especially on motorway journeys. Would love any feedback from yourself or anybody else who has one!

What would you say the induction kit is like to live with on a day to day basis on the 200? I'm not looking for something that's loud 100% of the time, especially on motorway journeys. Would love any feedback from yourself or anybody else who has one!

I find it’s no problem for day to day use as It doesn’t really change the sound at all unless you put your foot down. Even sitting at high revs with out being full throttle it basically sounds standard.

I think it’s definitely worth it as it sounds a lot meatier when you give it some

I went to Lydden Hill today with the Clio. It was my first track day. Wow, it was fun.

The track day was split in to sessions and I had booked on to the novice group. When I turned up and saw the other cars in the novice group I felt really out of place as there were cars that were fully caged track monsters. Due to COVID and Lydden Hill being in a Tier 3 area there was no track briefing - just a comprehensive e-mail the day before. I was let loose on the track without any tuition or real instructions. I have never been one to really worry about details and most of my life experiences and professional experiences have been through jumping in. For my day job I am a solicitor advocate (very similar to a barrister) and I even did my first jury trial without ever having seen one.

I really thought that something mechanical would fail today, or that something would go wrong. I even added the recovery option to the track day insurance I had arranged. But, the Clio performed really well. Other than a very minor misfire as I was starting a session nothing else went wrong. The brakes faded slightly, and juddered at times when they were super hot. The PS4 tyres didn't fall apart. The Akra sounded immense on the track.

I didn't pay too much attention to the tyre pressures other than reducing the pressure after every other session to maintain some grip.

The car started the day looking clean.

IMG_1417.jpeg

By the last session it was filthy.

IMG_1427.jpeg

There weren't many Clios at Lydden Hill today. There was a blue 197 that did not make it on the track. There were a few Clio 172s and 182s. @EthanMenace was there in his Trophy.

I will have a look at the official photographs and if I can find some good photos I will add them to the thread.

I am definitely going to book a few more track days for next year.

Good work getting on track, it's the first step, it is very daunting the first time you go, as so many things to take in.

But once you've done a few you're hooked! I haven't done any in so long, I will be same as you when I get back out next year, why I'm going over the E36 so much, so nothing fails on me.

Yours is well looked after, so you will be totally fine, just check brakes and tyres are good after and you're good to go!

Who knows, may see you on track some time next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: EthanMenace
Good work getting on track, it's the first step, it is very daunting the first time you go, as so many things to take in.

But once you've done a few you're hooked! I haven't done any in so long, I will be same as you when I get back out next year, why I'm going over the E36 so much, so nothing fails on me.

Yours is well looked after, so you will be totally fine, just check brakes and tyres are good after and you're good to go!

Who knows, may see you on track some time next year.

I think I am hooked. The brakes and tyres have survived. New discs and pads are on the shopping list for next year.

When things settle down it would be nice to meet a few of the characters from the forum at a track day.

Reactions: suj