Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Still prefer my foam lance with Meguiars Hyper Wash which is ph neutral.

I bought the demonfoam without realising it wasn't PH neutral :worried:

Think I'm just gonna get some of that citrus prewash stuff next and use the foam gun with that.

Reactions: ///M
Blimey that is a surprise to read Syer. Ive not visited DW for quite a while but them guys go through so many cycles of what they say washes a car better and what doesnt lol... In a few years time they will be back to snow foam....
That's the reason I stopped posting on DW. There was a different must have product every other week. I ended up with half used products trying to find the right combo. Went completely full circle, now I stick with what I like best for ease of use, protection etc.

Like Chris I can see the foam working so will not change my routine.

I bought the demonfoam without realising it wasn't PH neutral :worried:

Think I'm just gonna get some of that citrus prewash stuff next and use the foam gun with that.
If you think Clios burn a hole in your wallet, wait to the detailing bug takes over your life! My neighbours thought I was going mad cleaning the car with detailing brushes, wheels off etc.

Is it sad to put mats on top of mats so your good mats don't get dirty?:shocked:

Reactions: Jimmy and Dystant
If you think Clios burn a hole in your wallet, wait to the detailing bug takes over your life! My neighbours thought I was going mad cleaning the car with detailing brushes, wheels off etc.

Is it sad to put mats on top of mats so your good mats don't get dirty?:shocked:

I think having mats on top of good mats so they don't get dirty is the only logical thing you can do! :tearsofjoy:

I just bought some more weekday paper mats (However hard you try - being an Enginner - there is Oil and dirt about ! ) to cover the best mats...... logical to me.

And agree on DW 'fashions' changing. The good thing is though - you can let all them chop and change and try the stuff out and when a product really gets everyone agreeing on how good it is in multiple tests / posts - THEN you purchase.

But: like you Locke....I just have tried and tested favourites and aren't really into keeping up with ultra high fashion these days.

And yes: you can soon end up with quite a few hundred pounds worth in even a very small collection of detailing products.....

A lot of pound stores, garden centres, shops like 'Wilko' etc often have bargains and even Halfords etc is worth keeping and eye on for their 3 for 2 offers and the like. And of course Eurocarparts have regular sales and stock some brilliant stuff. IF it's something you've always used and trust - picking some up when on offer is never a waste and why I have 5 or more bottles of many of the products I use.

Enjoy the detailing Dale :smile:

Reactions: Dystant
That's the reason I stopped posting on DW. There was a different must have product every other week. I ended up with half used products trying to find the right combo. Went completely full circle, now I stick with what I like best for ease of use, protection etc.

Like Chris I can see the foam working so will not change my routine.

Good post mate. Some of those guys on there are genuine OCD. It's all well and good your car looking good but there's a limit!

All said and done though, there may be flavour of the month, but the basic idea is the same and once you've paid attention enough to work out the right and wrong things to do, you can look after your car a hell of a lot better than most people ever would, and if you keep on top of it, it's pretty easy too!

Polished Bliss are decent guys. I have used them to detail one of my cars years ago, bought stuff off them and actually phoned Rich for advice.

Polished Bliss are decent guys. I have used them to detail one of my cars years ago, bought stuff off them and actually phoned Rich for advice.

I'm quite a proud person, so whenever I can I try to do absolutely everything myself before paying somebody else to do it.

It's both my best and worst characteristic :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: LOCKE and Jimmy
Managed to fit powerflex lower engine mount inserts today.

After my failed attempt a few weeks ago I borrowed a breaker bar off my mate and managed to get the bolts off.

That was the easy part... getting the bloody thing back on after the inserts were fitted was probably the most stressful two hours of my life! There's so little room to get around and it requires a lot of force to push it back in! :censored:

TbZFYxMl.jpg

Int21uTl.jpg

Anyway! All sorted now, going to let the loctite on the bolts dry and then take it out for a spin and see how much of a difference it makes :smiley:

Good work doing the mounts yourself, Dale, I admire anyone who gets their hands dirty with their cars! Interested to hear your feedback on driving the car with them fitted!

Yeah it's a slippery slope indeed! I really enjoy it though to be honest, so it's worth every penny :smiley:

Best thing about detailing is that the results are so tangible. Not many things better than standing back and admiring your car looking like it's made of glass.

Managed to fit powerflex lower engine mount inserts today.

After my failed attempt a few weeks ago I borrowed a breaker bar off my mate and managed to get the bolts off.

That was the easy part... getting the bloody thing back on after the inserts were fitted was probably the most stressful two hours of my life! There's so little room to get around and it requires a lot of force to push it back in! :censored:

TbZFYxMl.jpg

Int21uTl.jpg

Anyway! All sorted now, going to let the loctite on the bolts dry and then take it out for a spin and see how much of a difference it makes :smiley:
Kudos for doing it yourself Dale. Top effort

There is so much satisfaction to be had wether it's a spot of DIY home mechanics or detailing your car. When you stand back and admire your work it's the best feeling. The more you detail, service etc your cars the easier it gets.

Reactions: Dystant and Jimmy
Good work doing the mounts yourself, Dale, I admire anyone who gets their hands dirty with their cars! Interested to hear your feedback on driving the car with them fitted!

Getting my hands dirty is an understatement ... after fiddling around under the car my hands were literally black! Definitely worth it though, and it's always rewarding doing things yourself :smiley:

Car feels even more sturdy now, there's literally no movement from the engine with both upper and lower mounts fitted so everything feels much tighter, and the power delivery when accelerating quickly from being stopped is much smoother :smiley:

You got any of the engine mounts on your car?

Reactions: Jimmy
There is so much satisfaction to be had wether it's a spot of DIY home mechanics or detailing your car. When you stand back and admire your work it's the best feeling. The more you detail, service etc your cars the easier it gets.

Yeah a few months ago I wouldn't have even considered jacking the car up and getting underneath it to change an engine mount! But I've built up confidence over time doing little things like taking off and cleaning throttle body and removing the front bumper etc, it's such a rewarding experience doing it yourself :smiley:

Reactions: ///M and LOCKE