Quaife Diff fitted + Other mods

ahh i see. need some power graphs ben. I didntkeep my decat on long enough to get any done as the flat spot pee'd me off.

decat is all about top end power isnt it?

Strangely i find it completely opposite. Its given great mid range punch and response but it seems to slow down and tail off a little over 7000rpm. I now get better 1/4 times shifting at 7000rpm. Maybe 'another' remap will sort this out though.

The flatspot is a massive pain in the arse though i'll agree, you gotta be a hardcore racer to not let it bother you lol. just aswell :tongueout:

The flatspot is a massive pain in the arse though i'll agree, you gotta be a hardcore racer to not let it bother you lol. just aswell :tongueout:

I see no reason it can't be mapped out, my mk1 did almost exactly the same when i swapped from williams manifold to megane coupe manifold, the engine just wanted a lot more fuel and a fair bit more ignition timing at that load point as it was breathing far more freely

I'll have to see about getting it booked in. At this stage of tuning it may be worth me investing in an aftermarket standalone as i change the map so often and i wouldnt mind the extra control over timing and fuelling for the nos injection. Worth looking into.

I'll have to see about getting it booked in. At this stage of tuning it may be worth me investing in an aftermarket standalone as i change the map so often and i wouldnt mind the extra control over timing and fuelling for the nos injection. Worth looking into.

probably a good next step. I can't see you stopping there. I'm already working on what we talked about btw :wink:

Sideways Danny... ex SXOC member by any chance? Glad you have your own place and are doing quality work!

Rich aka Richy_Boy from SXOC

Nice mods ben!
Same as you the diff is my favourite mod so far. Really transforms the car doesnt it!
Do u think the flywheel is a worthwhil investment then?

I agree but lightening and balancing the transmission is another option :smile: I admit i scrimpt there but dont notice the difference

A great review Ben - I found out everything I wanted (KTECH uprated engine mounts & decated manifold)! :thumbsup::jase:

And for the eagle eyed viewers you will have noticed an AST suspension box amongst that lot, adjustable top mounts hide inside :wink:

first time round had a little problem with fitting so I'm being sent some custom made longer nuts to pair up with the kw studs. Fitting and reviews soon :smile:

How would lightening n balancing the transmission improve it woody?
Btw your car gone now mate?

no no its still with me mate.

I had a lot of other work done at same time so the difference was awesome from standard but im sure the lightening and balancing did nothing other than empty my wallet a bit more

And for the eagle eyed viewers you will have noticed an AST suspension box amongst that lot, adjustable top mounts hide inside :wink:

first time round had a little problem with fitting so I'm being sent some custom made longer nuts to pair up with the kw studs. Fitting and reviews soon :smile:

I would buy them this instance if they weren't so damn expensive....:bored:

Awaiting your review...again. :smiley:

Sideways Danny... ex SXOC member by any chance? Glad you have your own place and are doing quality work!

Rich aka Richy_Boy from SXOC

Thought I recognised the names from SXOC, ex-member here too:thumbsup: (owned a PS13, sold it recently). On topic though, that car must be a hoot to drive with that equipment.8) Good to read honest feedback from the mods.

Cars in for a remap later this month to smooth out the flatspot to make the car abit more drivable. Hopefully the extra flow will give me a couple more bhp, if i could get into the 220bhp range then i'd have a big :smile:

Thats an extra 5bhp i need btw before anyone gets funny :wink:

Cars in for a remap later this month to smooth out the flatspot to make the car abit more drivable. Hopefully the extra flow will give me a couple more bhp, if i could get into the 220bhp range then i'd have a big :smile:

Thats an extra 5bhp i need btw before anyone gets funny :wink:

bet you will get it as well :jase2: