Gearbox oil for Clio 200 with Quaife LSD Differential

Hello,
I've fitted Quaife LSD Differential to my clio 200 and I'm wondering what's the best GearBox oil to use in order to benefit mostly from the LSD?
I know that Quaife manual says to use the same oil as recommended by manufacturer, however, I'm wondering maybe there is a better choice?
I'd like to take an advantage of having an LSD on the track :smile:
Any advise is highly appreciated.

PS. the gear box is completely stock except an LSD.

Last edited:
I got the same lsd too i use the same oils as before.
( like quaife recommended)
Look at my gearbox poll for options ,good luck
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!
I had a good experience with Redline in my previous cars and I'd like to use it in my Clio, however, I'm puzzled which one to use. They all have similar descriptions and I'm wondering which one is the most suitable from the list:

REDLINE MTL 75W80 GL-4
REDLINE MT85 75W85 GL-4
REDLINE MT90 75W90 GL-4
REDLINE 75W90 GL-5
REDLINE 75W90NS GL-5

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, that's what I'll get - the Redline MTL. How much do I need? I've read that the capacity is 2.1l, but redline comes in 0.946l bottles.
Do I need to buy 3 or 2 will be OK?

If track car don't put redline in. I found gear changes were very poor after been out on track for awhile.

best stuff I've used so far is the castrol ! And tired quite afew

Neo...there is nothing better.
Used it in all my track cars for many many years.
Been using it in my Clio since day 1, the car has got over 40,00 miles on it, most of which has been heavy competition use. I change it every 10,000 miles.
The box just came out for an LSD fit & my syncros etc are still in perfect condition, I think that speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Neo...there is nothing better.
Used it in all my track cars for many many years.
Been using it in my Clio since day 1, the car has got over 40,00 miles on it, most of which has been heavy competition use. I change it every 10,000 miles.
The box just came out for an LSD fit & my syncros etc are still in perfect condition, I think that speaks volumes.

whats neo?
pretty much same like mine 40k miles -+ since fitted the quaife lsd and to be honest a few days ago i thought to myself "uhhmm i think this gearbox run better with lsd than without one "
bingo
:clap:

Last edited:
It's advisable to use a higher rate gearbox oil when using a plated lsd however with the quaife being atb is not needed.

Personally I'm not a fan of redline, I've been using fuchs fully synthetic and i did notice benefits in gear changing.