Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

26 January 2013;

Took a trip down to Kidderminister today to meet a lad called Jonas and came back with these...

20130126-01.jpg

I admire Renault that little bit more now that I've discovered that the boot is the perfect width to fit a spare set of tyres in!!! :smiley:

yeehaa! get them on! they will be awesome in the dry!

They look nice, let us know how they perform on track. They are priced similarly to R888's so they should be quite good!

Hahaha I might be able to get another set next week!!! :smiley:

Will do Ollie, I've only got the Conti's to compare them to on the Clio so I'm expecting them to be a bit of a jump.

They did a tyre test in PPC Magazine a couple of years ago where these beat everything else, so hopefully they'll live up to their reputation.

26 January 2013;

Took a trip down to Kidderminister today to meet a lad called Jonas and came back with these...

20130126-01.jpg

I admire Renault that little bit more now that I've discovered that the boot is the perfect width to fit a spare set of tyres in!!! :smiley:

Hey willis :smile:
Do you have standard camber?

A little more than standard with her being lowered but I don't know exactly how much. :smile:

Last edited:
23 February 2013;

SC Auto Electrics; Uh-Oh

So it would appear that Nicole as a little bit of Car Flu. :worried:

Popped home from work on Friday to pick the car seat up to go and collect Lewis from nursery and on returning I noticed that there was a little puddle on the driveway where she'd been sat a few minutes earlier. Very unusual. Had a poke around under the bonnet but couldn't see anything untoward and there was no obvious signs or leakage. However, the undertray was wet around the access hatch and the front and bottom of the gearbox looked a bit damp. As luck would have it, the first thing Lewis said to me yesterday morning was ''go to garage'', so that's what we did...

SteC got her up on the ramps and after shouting at me for leaving a mess on his floor, he set about with the lamps to try and find the source. We were hoping that the breather had fell down and was seeping, or that there would be an equally simple solution but unfortunately not. It could've been the driveshaft seals, but no. It appears to be one of the main seals on the gearbox, which is less than ideal. But, luckily, it's been spotted and diagnosed straight away and the gearbox itself doesn't feel any worse for wear, nor does the clutch (so hopefully there won't be any oil getting into that bit).

Every cloud has a silver lining though... I'd have been taking her in for The Big One in the next month or so anyway, but now she'll be going in to have both her Car Flu and The Big One sorted in one hit. As well as getting the ARP's fitted that have been sitting on the mantelpiece for the last six months. Plus whatever else I can think of that needs doing between now and next weekend!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Oh damn right she'll be ready mate!!! :wink:

She's going in for surgery on Sunday, think I'm having a Modus for a few days hahaha!!!

What advantage is there to fitting Arp bolts to a nearly standard engine?

piece of mind!

cup racers have them fitted and run to standard rev limit iirc but had some failures on standard bolts so they got fitted

^^^ Exactly this. :wink:

Everything else internally is and will be staying standard including Cams. Although I'll be having a Remap at some point as she could really do with it to tie all of the breathing mods together and get the best out of them. It just makes sense really for what they cost, it gives that little bit of peace of mind that you've removed the one thing that Renaultsport recognised as a weak point where the internals are concerned.

Yeah that's a much safer option with these in instead of the standard items. I'm not sure wether there's much to be gained from raising the limit on standard Cams though as they already peak before the limiter anyway. With aftermarket Cams it's be beneficial to fit the ARPs as then you'd be a bit safer when raising the limiter...

03 March 2013;

SC Auto Electrics; Sh!tloads

Had a nice little ride over to SteC's this morning to drop Nicole off and collect my, erm, car, for the next week whilst he works his magic...

It's a bit of an animal, I think I'll call her Olive The Slowdus...

20130303-01_zps9083fedb.jpg

And even though she'll only be with me for a short time, I couldn't have her sat on the driveway without bearing the mark...

20130303-02_zps8bf93b12.jpg

I don't want to say to much, but some say that Olive The Slowdus will not be a Slowdus for much longer and the RS moniker is a sign of things to come!!! :smiley:

Lol @ olive. Bit of a salad dodger, isn't she?

Loving this progress thread, and can't wait to hear more when Nicole gets back! Well done on an epic car! :thumbup:

Cheers gents!!! :smile:

Credit where it's due, Olive is quite nice to drive. It's strange being in a normal car though!!!

Yeah the level of grip those Silverstone's generate in the dry is just unreal. They seem to be wearing very well too, but I want to save them for ''best'' really.

Similar Thread Suggestions