Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

02 September 2012;

Well me and my faithful steed took a nice trip down to Bedford Autodrome yesterday to take part in ClubMSV How Fast on the West Circuit configuration with eleven other like-minded idiots. It was a cracking day on and off the track, the MSV staff were great as always but my only gripe would be that there was nowhere to get cold drinks on that side of the venue. Anyway, it was nice to put some faces to names and also nice to get on a dry track for the first time which was a complete novelty for me!!! :smiley:

As such, I learnt a few new things about the Conti' SC3s. In the wet/damp they're superb and seem to suffer very little from fade/wear but yesterday they were on the verge of giving up. I think the temperature was too much for them maybe as after 4/5 laps they'd start to fade where as in wet/damp conditions they'll put up with a good 9/10 laps of Oulton Park. They got nice and warm and sticky to touch yesterday, more so than at Oulton Park... I think the drive home cleared up most of the rubbish off the fronts too. To be fair though, they're not marketed as a Track Tyre so overall I'm still impressed with them and feel that they're a good compromise.

How they ended up...

Front Right;

20120902-05.jpg

20120902-06.jpg

Front Left;

20120902-07.jpg

20120902-08.jpg

Rear Right;

20120902-01.jpg

20120902-02.jpg

Rear Left;

20120902-03.jpg

20120902-04.jpg

I'll post up some action shots from the day as soon as they're made available...

My times improved consistently through the day, from a 01:42:106 after my first 4/5 lap stint to a 01:36.321 by the end of Practice, which was bettered twice in two laps in the Timed to give me a PB of 01:34.764. I'm really happy with near enough an 8 Second improvement and I think I could've gone faster still (despite dying tyres) with some tuition or another session once I'd learnt the layout. Still, there's something to aim at for next time at least...

Willis/Nicole = 01:34.764

EVO Magazine/RS Clio 200 Cup = 01:31.900

I'm coming for you EVO... Muhahahahahahahahahaha!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
yep they look very similar to mine matey,chamfered edges on fronts and most of the pick up on the inside of the rears

that evo mag time is interesting,i think its possible to go sub 01:30 with a few mods and a bit more track time,so seems like we all did really well then as i'm sure evo mag will have had a fair few cracks at it and with an experienced driver...

My tyes look an aweful lot like that too unfortunately. Shagged on the edges and I think I even took out some nice little chunks on the kirbs looking for that extra 0.1s lol. TBH my tyres were pretty dead anyway so don't mind that I finished them off in style :smiley:

Mine are totally gone, ordered 2 more 595's last night.... Worth every penny

I reckon we should book curborough sprint track for our next outing

Hahaha totally worth it!!! :thumbup:

Mr.F, fear not me and Mikeheheheh have something in the pipeline. :wink:

17 November 2012;

Time for an update me thinks, been a fairly quiet few months...

So for a while now I've been thinking about changing the exhaust to something a little different. I'm not too shabby at the old fab' work but as it happens it's a while since I've done any welding and infact I've never done any TIG work... Luckily, I have a Tame Fabricator who is always happy to do a bit of TIG'ing and Plasma'ing, so today Nicole went to see Ye Olde TIG Man Of Lytham with a box of goodies from MIJ Exhausts.

The plan for today was to get the new centre section sorted, ready for when we get around to doing something with the rear section. I have something in my head for that, but anyway on with the story... I can't take credit for the work as I mostly just drank tea and ate bacon, but I firmly believe that my moral support was a key contirbutor to the completion of the project.

I didn't get too many photos as it was cold and, well, my hands were full. :thumbsup:

Here's how the new centre section looks...

20121117-01.jpg

20121117-02.jpg

20121117-03.jpg

20121117-04.jpg

From the Manifold to the Rear Beam is now just one piece, with a Flexi in there to take some strain off things.

Like all good projects, there has to be a period of confusion and head-scratching when you realise that something isn't quite right. Of coure, this prjoect was no different. It turns out that the V on the Manifold is very very very thin and not at all like the usual square-edged V on a V-Band joint. We were left with two options, either chop the V off the Manifold and replace it with a new shiny V, or chop the V off the Sports-Cat and re-use that on the new centre section. The easier of the two options was to chop the Sports-Cat, so it now looks like this...

20121117-05.jpg

20121117-06.jpg

As you can see, it now has one flat end where there used to be a V. A tad awkward seens as I've provisionally sold it, but needs must...

I've not had the chance to do a video yet as my resident camera-girl (sister) is out tonight as it's her birthday. I'll try get one in the week but needless to say Nicole is now very bangy and very poppy and very shouty... I have a feeling I'll be using more fuel than usual this week. Have I noticed any difference in performance? Well it's hard to tell because more noise always feels like more power, but she did seem even more eager to rev in the higher ranges and doesn't seem to have lost anything in the lower regions either. Which is nice. :wink:

Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

It sounds awesome, it's quite raspy but it's not tinny. I'm now debating wether to actually just leave the rear section as it is!!! :smiley:

Cheers gents!!! :thumbsup:

I've just been for a short blast so if the video has come out ok then I'll upload it as soon as it's on the laptop.

Last edited:
So, videos...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDtgZKzXnPI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmexpu4sz3Q[/YOUTUBE]

Similar Thread Suggestions