Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

Hahaha!!! I think I'm cam-bi-sexual mate, keep changing my mind about them. :smiley:

haha! likewise mate..i think ive settled on new exhaust and cams for my next upgrade but i keep doing little things inbetween and i should really stop and get my mind focused on cams!! lol

Hahaha!!! I think I'm cam-bi-sexual mate, keep changing my mind about them. :smiley:

Save your money mate, your cars is fast enough. O-100 I recon not much difference between mine and yours. If I was to do it again, diff would be where my money would go. Mine sometimes scrambles for grip coming out of corners. Love how the r26 just pulls you round them....

but i keep doing little things inbetween

I know that feeling mate, everytime I think ''start saving'' I end up having a blowout instead!!! :smiley:

Save your money mate, your cars is fast enough. O-100 I recon not much difference between mine and yours. If I was to do it again, diff would be where my money would go. Mine sometimes scrambles for grip coming out of corners. Love how the r26 just pulls you round them....

Indeed, the force is strong in this one!! :thumbup:

Oh a Diff' is still on the list. That has always been on it, the Cams money is not far off Diff' money so it's a tough one.

I know that feeling mate, everytime I think ''start saving'' I end up having a blowout instead!!! :smiley:

Indeed, the force is strong in this one!! :thumbup:

Oh a Diff' is still on the list. That has always been on it, the Cams money is not far off Diff' money so it's a tough one.

I recon about the same. 600 quid diff and 600 quid parts and labour...

Also 10-15bhp is lost to these engines above 200bhp. The power is way up the rev range.

Last edited:
always wondered if anyone has had a proven gain fitting the v6 box?

not knocking it though since its good enough for the cup race car

It definitely feels different to standard. I think it was Raptor6767 who did a back-to-back RR and got ~6BHP and ~6lb/Ft. :smile:

It definitely feels different to standard. I think it was Raptor6767 who did a back-to-back RR and got ~6BHP and ~6lb/Ft. :smile:

ahh i see 6bhp gain is pretty impressive alone!!

i know obv feel is better ect andi only decided to get it after having a maxigen/itg fitted to my RB so trying adifferent route altogether now

hhavent got around to having her fitted yet as the person i was going to hasnt got bk to me so im going to look for someone else to do it however...

reason im asking is because of k-tecs supercharger!!!

do i want that instead???????

Hmmm, that S/C kit does look good and Mike loves his Jamsport setup so it seems good value for money.

It depends how far you want to go really and if you're bothereed about keeping the engine NA.

yes it does look like a good setup!!! and from the looks of it could always return it back to N/A if needs must

got me thinking about it because of mikes's jamsport setup!!!

not sure yet though im saving for a house and some other bits for the 197 so if the v6 is worthwile i'll go that way i guess

It's well worth while the V6, it really does make a difference and the extra noise just adds to the drama of it all.

There's just so much more oomph right through the range, especially in the lower revs. With the larger TB it's just relentless all the way to the limiter.

Last edited:
yea i know mate noise from the maxogen was immense can only imagine its a smidgen on the v6!!

local auto electrician in hereford doesnt appear to be all that great though so i'd have to go and branch out a little to have it done just issue of leaving the car and getting to and from ect

No worries. :smile:

Yeah, well worth a phone call. It took him about half a day to do mine but it looks like it came from the factory that way. For some reason, the loom (the part of the loom around the two fuse panels that usually sit on the standard battery tray) on Nicole was a bit different to the one on Litchy's beast and so there was a bit more fiddling needed on mine which didn't phase him in the slightest. It might be a bit of travelling for you but he'll do it right first time which is the main thing.

No worries. :smile:

Yeah, well worth a phone call. It took him about half a day to do mine but it looks like it came from the factory that way. For some reason, the loom (the part of the loom around the two fuse panels that usually sit on the standard battery tray) on Nicole was a bit different to the one on Litchy's beast and so there was a bit more fiddling needed on mine which didn't phase him in the slightest. It might be a bit of travelling for you but he'll do it right first time which is the main thing.

ahh interesting! could be different years and revisions ect who knows!!!

yes deffinately would love to go somewere that knows what they're doing haha

half a day!? thats really good time scale, i mean im no expert but it would take me about a week rofl

and will he cut off the lug that annoys the TB hose too?

He probably would if you asked him yeah hahaha!!!

From having a nosey when Steve was working, there's a lot more to it than I realised.

I need to give mine the chop, I took the pipe off the other day and you can see where it's scratched it when it's moved. It's not close to wearing through but no doubt it will in time. I'm debating wether to chop out some of the sound-dead (or completely remove it) on the bulkhead too so that the pipe can have a bit more space and a straighter run as it's got a slight kink in it at the moment. I had a look at the Cup cars at BTCC a couple of weeks back and there must've been 3 or 4 different ways of doing it and none of them were perfect. Some of them had the scuttle cut out, some had tape/wadding around the pipe. All in all it's a proper parts bin job by Renaultsport to be honest, but it works brilliantly and that's the main thing. :smiley:

Suppose its worth. A mention lol

Ohh that's interesting, I have seen a photo somewere someone visiting the factory and a cup car had it fitted with the hose in some sort of holder?:/ not sure if this is anything we common people would be able to aquire??

If it's got a part number we can get it, I'll have a look in the catalogue.

Similar Thread Suggestions