Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

What you talking about Willis (my son made me say it!!!)

Your not kidding me.....its a version of this. Which is right up Willis entry. 182 Head with ITB. Hence selling off head and V6 airbox.

Bet a round of drinks at next meet says it is it!!!!!

Last edited:
It's a 350Z engine, very close to the Renault V6 lump. :smile:

The photo isn't mine, that's all I'm willing to admit hahaha!!! :smiley:

If this is not April fools then it's gonna be the best mod in the forum by a long distance IMO!!! excellent story here Willis.

Out of curiosity are these engines much heavier than std? You don't want to upset the balance too much:wink:

Last edited:
What you talking about Willis (my son made me say it!!!)

Your not kidding me.....its a version of this. Which is right up Willis entry. 182 Head with ITB. Hence selling off head and V6 airbox.

Bet a round of drinks at next meet says it is it!!!!!

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Any updates on this Will? Seen a few comments on FB yesterday (Or Friday) to suggest she's nearing completion?

Yeah very nearly done now mate!!! :smile:

The only reason it's taken this amount of time is we were sourcing parts etc., as it wasn't something I'd originally planned for when she went in to have her service and have the gearbox looked at. Had we known then what we know now then we'd have had all the parts in advance and she'd have been in and out pretty quickly. As far as I know the few parts left to get can be got hold off within a day or two so it's just a case of time now. :thumbsup:

Well it's been a little while since I spent any real time on here for various reasons and it's also been a little while since this had an update so here goes...

01 July 2013;

The last time you all heard (barring a handful of those in The Circle Of Trust), Nicole had gone into SC Auto Electrics for SteC to do The Big One and also investigate a leak that had sprouted from the gearbox the week before. We were hoping it was one of the seals on the gearbox just being French but apparently not, as you all have no doubt seen from the photo's on Page 25 of this thread...

This threw a big old spanner in the works, excuse the pun. It had always been my intention to stay NA, mostly because the noise makes me moist, but I did want to add a nice LSD at some point later this year. But on closer inspection of the engine whilst it was out of Nicole with her poorly gearbox, we realised that the lump was starting to look a bit tired (despite still pulling like a train) and so I went away to have a think about a few things and Ste went away to abuse The Boy and price up a new gearbox for her.

But then, as what usually happens when mechanical disaster strikes, Man Maths came into play. After pricing up a new gearbox, plus obviously it'd have been rude not to stick an LSD in at the same time, plus the original cambelt service and general housekeeping of the lump and engine bay it became apparent that for not a massive amount more money Ste could give Nicole a serious shot in the arm and move her one step closer to being Nicole.R. You should all be able to see by now where this is all going. IT'S TURBO TIIIIIME!!!

I had murmered something to Ste about getting hold of a 1.6T from a Juke and beating Renaultsport at their own game and getting her finished before the 200EDC went on sale. That idea was quickly forgotten when it became apparent that there are literally no Juke's in this country that have been written off or are being broken. Add into that that it'd be a massive leap into the unknown in terms of software and God only knows what gearbox could be used and all the rest of it. So we decided to go with the tried and tested F4RT conversion, but of course you all should already know by now that there would be some extra little bits added along the way.

The timescale was set, sort of. We figured it'd take around a month to source all of the parts and then around a week for Ste and The Boy to work their magic and get her back on the road. However, good parts were thin on the ground (Fernandez will back me up on this one) and due to unforseen circumstances in my private life money was a little thin on the ground too which is never a good thing when you're doing something like this. You see parts come up for sale, you have no cash. Then when you have cash, you can't find parts for love nor money. We decided that we'd plod on and source what we could over the coming weeks as and when cashflow allowed and parts became available. At this point, it was mostly a game of luck and the luck I'd been having from March this year until very recently had been all bad to quote the great Murray Walker.

So things stalled a little, then the pressure got ramped up by everyone asking what was going on and how long would it be and were we putting a V6/V8/V10 in etc. etc., and to be honest it was a good laugh and Ste always said we should take the p!ss a bit and play the game with you all but I think a few of you had sussed what was going on and at least one of you had seen Nicole up on the ramps with an F4RT inside anyway hahaha!!! Time seemed to whizz by and then I started getting my personal life back on track at the start of June which coincided with a new job and 50% payrise so now at least cashflow was not a problem in the slightest. The new problem was time, or more precisely, the lack of it as Ste now had three other projects on the go as well as his regular bread and butter work coming through the door (and add into that the fact that Mrs SteC is ready to drop a baby anytime now too). We were still missing a few parts as well and the frustration was getting to breaking point for all involved to be quite honest.

The long and short of it is that it takes a lot for me to trust people. Over the last year or so SteC and The Boy have become good mates and not just a garage that does little bits for me and there's nobody else I'd want working on Nicole. I'd say she's now about 85% complete and in need of only two or three days work to finish everything off, but as I've said time is in short supply at the moment and Ste is pushing himself to the limit already doing 17-18 hour days so I think it'll be another couple of weeks until she moves under her own steam. Hopefully she'll be back in time to squeeze in a couple of summer trackdays though...

Well that's the story all caught up, more or less, so here's a rough idea of what the spec' will be;

F4RT
225 Gearbox
K&N Air Filter
SC Autos ECU
SC Autos Remap
ARP Con Rod Bolts
Viper Turbo Blanket
SC Autos Intercooler
Miltek 2.75" Down Pipe
Miltek 2.75" Decat Pipe
SC Autos Quick Shift Kit
B&G Recirc Blanking Plate
K-Tec 2" Alloy Boost Pipes

This should see something in the region of 250-265BHP and similar Torques we think, more than enough now I'm used to driving Olive The Slowdus!!!

Nicole will also be having a few subtle little cosmetic changes thanks to Sprayed By Robo (top guy and pissing distance from Ste's front door), but I'll be keeping those under my hat and seeing who can spot them when I get around to posting some photo's over the next couple of weeks. On top of that there's a little something planned in collaboration with Cazan Racing which will be something that has never been seen before so watch this space. She'll also be having a 2.75" exhaust rustled up too as soon as Ste is finished with her and of course the LSD is still very much on the shopping list and when she goes in for her first oil change and general service she'll be having some Forge water pipes thrown on as well. Maybe a bit further down the line we might try and push to 300BHP/300lbFt to give a nice round figure, maybe...

Once all of this mechanical messing is out of the way, she'll be getting the rest of the .R treatment. :wink:

Last edited:
Wow! Will be a right beast mate. Good news on the job front too. I mate of mine is good mate with 'sprayed by Robbo' he had his MK1 RS sprayed white there.

Sc Autos ECU? SteC doing his own now?

I can neither confirm nor deny these rumours!!! :smiley:

I don't want to speak for Ste but it's been said a thousand times before that the guy is a genius...

Wow! Will be a right beast mate. Good news on the job front too. I mate of mine is good mate with 'sprayed by Robbo' he had his MK1 RS sprayed white there.

Cheers mate, appreciated. The new job is what's kept me going really this last month or so.

Yeah his work is sh!t hot from what I've seen and he's mad as a box of frogs too, I blame it on the fumes!!! :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions