Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

Nice write up Will... It'll be great to go for a drive out in all the SC Autos beasts once they are all signed off, I think we may have trouble shaking a little green monster that Ste will be driving though.. Lol

Nice work Willis, would have been easy to throw the towel in when you hit a rough patch but fair play for sticking through!!

Nice write up Will... It'll be great to go for a drive out in all the SC Autos beasts once they are all signed off, I think we may have trouble shaking a little green monster that Ste will be driving though.. Lol

i look forward to that it'll have to be the end of august thou. 39 days and counting till mine should be on the way to ste.

I think we may have trouble shaking a little green monster that Ste will be driving though.. Lol

Indeed, that thing is going to be mental!!! :smiley:

Nice work Willis, would have been easy to throw the towel in when you hit a rough patch but fair play for sticking through!!

Cheers mate, I must admit that the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times to be honest but she'll be worth the wait.

i look forward to that it'll have to be the end of august thou. 39 days and counting till mine should be on the way to ste.

I'm hoping mine will be ready by then too at the very latest, my Road Tax will almost be ready to expire again otherwise hahaha!!! :smiley:

welcome to the club. you wont regret it.

you should see a ton load more torque than bhp tho. Around 300-330 is what most of us have.

Glad you are back and things are up and running as they should mate. Gutted that you went for the FI route though!! The way it goes in about a year the N/A clios will be less that the FI ones lol!!

welcome to the club. you wont regret it.

you should see a ton load more torque than bhp tho. Around 300-330 is what most of us have.

Cheers mate!!! I'm absolutely itching to have that first drive now.

nice read up and gad things have turned a corner. Look forward to seeing the build continue :smile:

Definitely over the hump of the work now, I've just booked a week in Vegas for next year otherwise she'd be full-mental by Christmas!!!

Glad you are back and things are up and running as they should mate. Gutted that you went for the FI route though!! The way it goes in about a year the N/A clios will be less that the FI ones lol!!

Cheers mate, much appreciated. I know, I know, I do love the old NA scream!!! This is never something that I'd particularly planned to do, but you know how it is when Man Maths rears it's head. Hahaha to be honest with how hard it is to source decent Megane parts I think it'll be some time before the FI overtakes the NA on here!!! I'm looking to get to Oulton Park as soon as possible so I can do a proper comparison between the two setups, knowing the track like my back garden and knowing how good she was around there NA has left me a bit intrigued. That'll be the big test that determines wether I think it's money well spent or not. No pressure then... :smiley:

20 July 2013;

ALS Performance Parts; Renault Alpine R3 Brake Pads.

Stumbled across these at a ridiculous price. Scrubbed but not event used, a full set of Renault Alpine branded Brake Pads (Renault Alpine RLT03 (Rear) Renault Alpine RLT04 (Front)). In reality they're Carbone Lorraine RC6 & RC8 respectively, so at least she'll be able to stop as well as she goes soon anyway!!! I've always been more than happy with the standard brake setup and I've not experimented as such, to be honest I was never planning to but I got these at a price where it would've been rude not to. I'll most likely save them for trackdays as I'm not sure how much heat the RC8's will need in them to really get going so they might not be the best idea for commuting...

Last edited:
Willis - Nicole.R - UPDATE 01.07.2013...

05 November 2013;

Nicole is now SORN'd.

Not had much time to get online lately but I'll do an update on Saturday as it's been a while since the last one...

Last edited:
SORN'd? wtf!? I thought you'd get the car - nice and ready - very very soon. What happened? Bloody conversions!!

Sorry gents, never did get the time to sit down and catch this up!!!

Anyway, she's NEARLY finished. She drives and can move under her own steam etc., but because the IC and Hard Pipes have been held up it has meant her Tax ran out. That's why I've SORN'd her, there's nothing more or less to it really. Her MOT expired in May and so I can't MOT her in her current state which means the Tax obviously cannot be sorted at this moment in time. I'm looking forward to being able to drive her and see what all of this fuss is about off the lads already running boost, with the spec' she's been built to and with Ste and the lads work behind her she's going to be bloody fast... Hopefully she'll be worth the wait!!! But unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes and there's a high likelihood that she'll be going up for sale once completed. I'm even contemplating letting her go as she stands and then any prospective buyers would have the opportunity to change the final spec' before she comes out of Ste's, it's something that's crossed my mind a couple of times over the last few months and now winter is coming in thick and fast as well it's debatable how much use she'd be getting from me for the next five months as it's our silly season at work.

Anyway, as promised the other week if I get a spare hour to myself this weekend then I'll get some photos up and do a proper update etc.. :smile:

Last edited:
Jesus how long does it take to complete a conversion?

Sorry to hear this Willis, not a good advert for the garage involved.

Willis - Nicole.R - UPDATE 01.07.2013...

To be fair this delay now isn't anything Ste could have done anything about, he's as frustrated as me over it believe me. It'll all be sorted in the next few weeks either way, I would struggle to sell her because she's got great sentimental value but there's things going on (my sister falling behind at sixth form because her study is now my bedroom and of course all the sh!t I've had to deal with has had an impact on her and the folks too) which might be made easier by clearing the bit of finance that's left as it's an extra £235 per month I could put in the house fund for me and Lewis to get us our own place again sooner. But the only thing I'd want next would be an Impreza and we all know that wouldn't stay standard in my hands so really would I be any better off!?! I doubt it.

I'm trying something at work this week to see if it bumps my wages a little and if it does then I'll be around £200 per month up for no extra work so that'd be that sorted. Literally, no extra work at all... Basically we don't get paid for breaks but most of us work through them and I worked out over the weekend that by doing that I'm basically handing the company back £2500 per year!!!

Anyway, photos and videos and all the rest of it to follow SOON!!! :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions