My 2009 Ultra Red 197 FF

Finally got some pictures with the wrap on the mirrors. I really like the look, so I will probably get some painted when I can. The vynal is actually worse now than when it was done, it has shrunk a little and you can see the red poking through on the outside. This is caused by the bloke cutting the vynal to close to the edge. Considering taking it back, but the bloke was built like a brick toilet and didn't look like he would taking critism very well, if you know what I mean! The passenger side one isn't so bad, it's completely covered but has ripples in it. It's the drivers side that you can see red, but it has no ripples! Lol!

Anyway, pics:

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

Last edited:
Did you consider matt black mirror covers, to go better with the other stuff, and they would be cheaper as they wouldn't need painting?

Cheers Mike. Ye, I did consider it. I'm assuming you mean the same material as the other plastics, the sort of textured ones. The only problem is that I think it gives a bit of a cheaper looking finish. I don't want to sound snobby or anything! Lol! You're right though, they are much cheaper. I think they would cost about £35 for both!

There's no need to worry about being snobby, it is a clio 197 not a corsa b :wink:

prefere the origonals if im honest
but thats only my opinion
yours is the one that counts:thumbsup:

Hhhhmmmm, not sure about the textured ones, I like the deep look to the gloss finish.

I've just got back from taking my spoiler to the body shop. It will be painted on Tuesday and then I'm going to arrange for it to be fitted about a week or 2 after. I don't think it'll cost too much to have done and he said it would probably only take an hour to fit. Pics will be up as soon as its all done.

Last edited:
Ordered a new stubby aerial for the car off eBay after all my mates took the p**s out of the current stubby. It has turned a funny colour, it was originally black, but is now has a kind of orange thing going on! Lol! Pics will follow.

Fitted the stubby, looks better, but sounds just as bad as the old one! Spoiler has been painted and is going to be fitted Monday morning. Door mirror on order to have them painted gloss black instead of the crud wrap that is on the car atm!

Car is also booked in at Renault Wolverhampton on Monday afternoon to have the a/c checked , the rear seat rattle looked at and the steering is pulling to the left, so that too. Pics will come soon, but the car is filthy and the weather pants. I'm ashamed of how dirty the poor thing is atm, so wouldn't want to advertise it! Lol! I think it has done about 750 miles since it's last wash.

Sounds like you're making some good progress with it mate, where did you order the mirror covers from in the end?

What are Renault Wolverhampton like by the way? I need a decent dealer to go to!

I got one off ebay at an absolute bargain and the other is coming from twingo geek. I wanted genuine Renault, so didnt go for the same ones you got. Hoping the car will be finished in the next week or so. Not doing anything else to it.

Will do Ben. It's very annoying! The other mirror cover came today, so now I have a pair! For some reason Renault have changed the way and the country in which they are made. The older one off ebay is grey and made in France, the newer from Twingo Geek is white and made in Spain! Weird! They'll look the same when they're painted anyway!

So been and had the spoiler fitted today and I am very impressed. Paintjob is great and it fits great too. Really looks good IMO. They washed and hoovered out the car for me too, so that was helpfull. I just hope they didn't use old cr**py sponges on it that's all!

Then took the car to Renault Wolverhampton to have the a/c checked, the rear seat rattle looked at and the steering was pulling to the left.

Said the steering was fine, altered the tyre pressures and checked the tracking. Although they didn't adjust the tracking it seems better for some reason???????????? I always check the tyre pressures at least once a month and they were fine about 2 weeks ago. But never mind. Seat still seems to have a slight rattle on it, but not as bad. Will see how it goes over the next week or so. :confused1:

But the worst is that the a/c condensor unit has a split down the seam which is causing it to leak. This now needs booking in again so it can be sorted. Such a pain! :bored:

On a positive note again though, my mirror covers are going to be ready by the end of the week!

Some poor pics of my spoiler anyway!

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN2240.jpg

DSCN2239.jpg

Alloy looks really small in the last pic for some reason!

Last edited:
looks absolutely great mate. lmao about the alloy wheel comment get some R26 wheels on it :wink:

Thanks for the comments. Got the spoiler itself from TwingoGeek, then had it sprayed and fitted at Evans Halshaw in Wolverhampton. Had a good price on it too.

Would love some R26 alloys Woody, but haven't got the money to buy any or to wrap them with rubber! I wouldn't mind your grey alloys you are selling Ralphy (sorry I can't remember your actual name, I'm sure I remember you saying Ralphy was the name of your old BMW somewhere on the forum! Lol!)!

A/C condersor is more of a pain in the backside just getting it to Renault than anything, it'll all be free from Renault on warranty so it won't cost me anything money wise.

You can see the new stubby aerial in the close up of my spoiler too, looks much more standard than the alloy one I had on before.

Similar Thread Suggestions