My 2009 Ultra Red 197 FF

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
So I have been on the forum a while now and it safe to say I'm addicted. And that is not the only addiction I have, also with my Clio! Lol!

So I thought I would start a progress thread. I haven't got any big plans for the car as I'm not really in to heaviley modified motors at all. I like little tweeks and nice touches that improve the standard rather than changing the look completely.

Anyway, I've got round to doing a few bits and bobs, so here we are so far

This is the day I picked her up on my 21st birthday from Renault Leicester in January. This is the first pic' I ever took of the car and it was at the service station on the motorway!

DSC02250.jpg

This picture was taken the day after I got it, with my plate on.

DSC02253.jpg

Then I added the RS exhaust Trims.

DSC02265.jpg

Forum stickers to the rear windows.

DSCN2231.jpg

Then I removed the dealer stickers and the Elf sticker from the rear windows, fitted an ITG panel filter too. Sorry, no pics! Also added a smaller aerial.

DSCN2232.jpg

Richbrook Renault Sport tax disc hoder.

DSCN2230.jpg

Silvertec front indicator bulbs.

DSCN2233.jpg

Then I took this off. Before

DSC02351.jpg

After

DSCN2229.jpg

I've had the car back from the body shop today after someone keyed it. This is the new paintwork.

DSCN2228.jpg

So hopefully will be getting the windows tinted in the next few weeks. Then I will look at getting a spoiler fitted later in the year.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
whats the yellow on the last pic arran?
nice motor by the way
what spoiler you goin for?
you happy with the new paint job?

Reflection from the plants! Lol! Going for the Dynamique Spoiler. Ye very happy. Only thing is that they've painted the rubbing strips shinny instead of textured. But I prefer it, so I'm going to get the other side done the same! Thanks BTW.

Last edited:
This is almost identical to my 197 journey. I bought mine 2 weeks after my 21st birthday, same colour but slightly different options (Recaros, panoramic roof and normal headlights). I've done exactly the same mods as you too, with the addition of the renault sport steering wheel trim.

This is almost identical to my 197 journey. I bought mine 2 weeks after my 21st birthday, same colour but slightly different options (Recaros, panoramic roof and normal headlights). I've done exactly the same mods as you too, with the addition of the renault sport steering wheel trim.

I forgot about that! That was day 2 of ownership too! I got it for a birthday present from my finance's parents. I think they finish the steering wheel off really nicely. I think they should be fit as standard.

Also got a set of RS mats and a Renault boot retaining net for it. Works well, keeps shopping from being launched from side to side in the twistes! Velcroed the can of tyre weld to the inside of the boot too. Fitted some rear speakers as well! I keep thinking of little things I've done! Hopefully I've remembered everything so far now! I'll take some more pics soon.

So went to Somerset in the car over the weekend and it performed brilliantly, appart from fuel consumption, which wasn't particualrly good. I just expect a little bit more out of it on the motorway, I know it isn't going to be very good when I'm thrashing it! Anyway, found some good roads to drive which I was very pleased about.

My mate took some pics whilst on the motorway and I think they are quite good. So here you are.

37873_1534162352518_1188577241_31581476_7721049_n.jpg

37577_1534163072536_1188577241_31581493_511285_n.jpg

This is one of all the cars that we went in. My mate has only just bought the ZS, it's a 2.5 liter V6 and sounds amazing! Then we've got the 1.4 Turbo Punto, 1.6 206 Roland Garos (the mate of mine who drives this is a bit younger than me so can't afford insurance on a faster motor atm) and finally another new addition to our car group, the Civic Type R which replaced his Fiesta ST earlier on this month.

37873_1534162072511_1188577241_31581469_2872483_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Love the MG ZS :thumbup: Nice rare colour too

There's a little story behind that car too! If you're interested then continue to read this post!

The car is a top spec 2.5 V6 ZS and was taken off the production line by MG. It was then used as a prototype for a planned limited run 2.5 V6 Supercharged edition.

It had the bonnet adapted with a small descreet scoop and the charger fitted, which was supplied from an Australian firm which name I have forgotten! Lol!

However, during the demise of MG Rover, the supercharger was removed and shipped back to Australia, due to it never actually being owned by MG Rover. The car was then put up for sale as a standard 2.5 V6 ZS, but the bonnet scoop and this story remain!

So there you go! And btw, the supercharger never worked, it kept blowing seals or something! Which is why I am a little dubious about the one that is in progress on a 200 atm!

The car has got an ITG induction kit, which is nothing short of art work! Lol! And a Janspeed exhaust system that was apparently fitted at the factory.

Last edited:
Had the windows tinted today, I think they look good, but not sure if I have gone too dark. They are 35%. The chap had got 50%, but I thought that was too light! Anyway, they're done now. Here's a pic, I'll get some more when the wether makes it mind up about what the hell it's doing! Lol!

DSC05252.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions