LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Too much air mike ull have problems with idle and will need mapping again :worried: save your money and get something like valves, seats and springs cant see the airbox giving u the power of 16 extra mm of valve :wink:

16mm extra...really :blink:

I think im gonna leave the airbox and valves. Maybe next time lol. Next will be a diff and maybe throttle bodies i think. But not for a year or so. Im VERY happy with the power, it really does charge so hard!! Feels so quick over standard. From 3k its just BAM!!! Then at 5.5k you can really feel it just take off effortlessly, revs so free!!

Very nice, and hats off to you for putting your money where your mouth is. I want more power. No plans to change mine either but can't see me putting 3 or 4 grand into one. I am considering the clio v6 intake or carbon one....

Cheers mate, im glad i did it. Just the power the clio needs. It is a lot of money, but im glad i invested and took the plunge. Tomorrow once ive cleaned it and got some shots, ill post it all up and go into some detail about the whole thing.

Cheers mate, im glad i did it. Just the power the clio needs. It is a lot of money, but im glad i invested and took the plunge. Tomorrow once ive cleaned it and got some shots, ill post it all up and go into some detail about the whole thing.

And a vid of the zaust :hug:

Lol!! Ill get one asap dude! Sounds great with the cams Up to 7.6k!!! Revs up to 7.8k now, havnt taken it up there yet, peak power is at 7.5k.

^^lol your proper hung up on the VS stuff arnt you?? I pulled away nicely from a 172 cup earlier, that good enough so far lol!??

Noooo chance am i putting a vid up of me racing!! lol

Ahahahh, i want a video only for watch your gain..
i made many works on my 197, good and not so good... And now i don't believe to the dyno!!
I tested my car always vs another my friend (on track on enter roads limit) and i can tell you that many mechanical tell you false dyno result..
4month ago i've put reprofiler cams, the dyno show 15bhp more of before... In the track my friend have a good gain on me!!!

Ahahahh, i want a video only for watch your gain..
i made many works on my 197, good and not so good... And now i don't believe to the dyno!!
I tested my car always vs another my friend (on track on enter roads limit) and i can tell you that many mechanical tell you false dyno result..
4month ago i've put reprofiler cams, the dyno show 15bhp more of before... In the track my friend have a good gain on me!!!

had mine on 3 or 4 rolling rooads and theres been massive differences..

as for cams and things - all down to what you do and have done - you will lose in one part of the rev range and gain in others - its not like you have a turbo to fill in the dips
with a n/a engine you can only do so much and keep it a "driveable" road car engine - its just getting the balance right and of course these days the " mapping"

when i had my 172 cammed and mapped, lost it 4.5k kick, felt slower bottom of the rev range but at higher speeds at higher rpm it felt alot livelier.

which cams did you have fitted mate, me and gem were talking the other night and she said she wants a bit more power now so "could we fit new cams", my reply, "If I must" :wink:

when i had my 172 cammed and mapped, lost it 4.5k kick, felt slower bottom of the rev range but at higher speeds at higher rpm it felt alot livelier.

which cams did you have fitted mate?

The 428's made a world of difference in our 182, not a massive increase peak power (10bhp) but the mid range was brill, pulls better lower down and goes mental at 5.5k :smile:

which cams did you have fitted mate, me and gem were talking the other night and she said she wants a bit more power now so "could we fit new cams", my reply, "If I must" :wink:

I have shrick cams mate, they only do One set for the 197, the car really flys mate, from 3k it's just bam, no suffering low down at all!! And really wild up high, well worth it IMO!! Still drives the same, jusy idles lumpy as you would expect! The way it surges forward under acceleration and keeps goin in all gears really transforms the car!!

cat cams maybe 428, they were the wildest i could run on standard ecu, but in all fairness i was running a bcm cda induction kit and a uni chip, the unichip wasnt the best, i realised after that, and the bcm wasnt either, but with matched inlets i gain 18bhp peak (185bhp) i would say that the induction kit and chip was the reason why there was a lack of kick, but onec up there was more resposive and revvy then standard.

Right so the final update (for now :wink: )

My full setup i as follows:

Kw v'3s
OZ Ultraleggras
Toyo 888's
ITG panel filter
Matched inlets by Jamsport
Shrick cams
Full evolution Akrapovic exhaust, with custom made clamp on tips fro 197 (Made by Jamsport)
Custom remap by Jamsport
Front splitter
Cup spoiler

Full Geo setup next weekend and front camber bolts for 1 degree of camber.

Its finished result was 221 bhp (getting some JS stickers made up for it :wink: ) and 170ft!!

Feels rapid, strong all the way past 3k and very wild past 5.5k, every gear is so strong and pulls so fierce! The acceleration is amazing!!!

On the dyno graph there are 3 results, one with standard with a powerflow back box, one with the Akrapovic and then the final result.

You'll notice a dip at about 2.5k, looks bad but it feels fine, feels like a mild flat spot some exhausts give, doesn't bother me at all. Im never in that range any way, normal driving is fine, feels like standard but with a lumpy idle.

When the Akrapovic was put on it didnt make anymore peak power without a map BUT 4k onwards felt so much better in the midrange as the graph shows, smoothed it right out and made the whole feel of the car much better, revved a lot more freely over standard. Well worth the money, even for the sound, vids soon dont worry lol!!

Overall im very happy, Jamsport have done a superb job on it and it really does go like Fu*k!!!!
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

mike24-02-2011003copy.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Sorry bout the sideways graph lol Dont no how to flip it.