LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thought id start a project on the car as ive done some bits now and will be lots more in 2 weeks or so!

But just a few pics for now after a clay and layer of wax just to get all the tar off! Took me ages to clay!!

Its on KW V3's, and just put my OZ Ultraleggras on.

Got a set of toyo 888's to go on but ill whack them on when its dryer.
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg

I'll post up some more pics in the coming weeks.
Shrick cams and full Akrapovic evolution exhaust, inlets and map to come in hopefully 2 weeks.
Along with a full geo set up with 1deg of camber on the front. All the work is being carried out by Jamsport!!
Im also thinking now i have the wheels on that a front splitter is needed to finish the front end off. :smile:

Last edited:
Looks great. Looking forward to see what you gain from the planned mods. Were you not originally going for the straight through supersprint system?

Cheers for all the comments guys. Not sure how much its lowered. Its all the way down at the back but still a lot to go at the front. About as low is i'd want to go tbh.

Yeah was gonna go full supersprint, but big ball ache trying to get one, kept sending the wrong system etc. Loads of hassle so just sacked it off. Tbf i think the loudness would grain on me after a while so akraprovic is the next best thing. Should be just as good if not better in gains compared to the supersprint.

But when it goes in for all the work its getting dyno'd after each mod to see where/how much power is gained from each one. I'll post up all the RR graph's when its done.

Cheers for all the comments guys. Not sure how much its lowered. Its all the way down at the back but still a lot to go at the front. About as low is i'd want to go tbh.

Yeah was gonna go full supersprint, but big ball ache trying to get one, kept sending the wrong system etc. Loads of hassle so just sacked it off. Tbf i think the loudness would grain on me after a while so akraprovic is the next best thing. Should be just as good if not better in gains compared to the supersprint.

But when it goes in for all the work its getting dyno'd after each mod to see where/how much power is gained from each one. I'll post up all the RR graph's when its done.

Who did you order it from? I orderd from euro car parts(ss's uk distributor) and it came as I orderd and within 2 1/2 weeks. Will be keeping an eye on this one, probally the route I'd be going down if I decide to mod further.

That's who I ordered it through. They have exclusivity distribute supersprint in the uk, but they didn't want to deal with supersprint. Which made it really difficult!! It's been such a pain dealing with them that I just can't be bothered. If they don't want my business I'll take it somewhere else. Been messed around loads! You were lucky lol wen did you order yours mate?

I emailed ss directly and then within a few days I got an email from E C P with a list of part nos. I picked what a was after and that was it. Now that I think of it, there was a prob with payment, I gave my card details and 3 days later got a phone call requesting my details again as some guy had lost them (which wasn't inspiring). Came 2 weeks later though so couldnt complain. Was last oct/nov I got it.

Looks brilliant, one of the few R27's I like with the stickers.

The wheels are certainly the best for the 197/200 imo.

What you need now is a cup racer rear cage in black and it'll be sorted :lol:

This looks sooooooo nice Mike!

I really wanted to keep mine standard but this thread is really making me change my mind :001_unsure: