LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Love your car Mike, pretty much all the mods I'd do to mine if I had the dosh!

Does the full akrapovic still keep the standard cats then?

Cheers buddy :smile:
No mate its all the way back from the manifold, but there is a pre cat built into the y section at the front which apparently retains torque. But jamsport want to take it out and make it full de cat and see what happens on the dyno.

F1team-Yes it probably will be lol!! Its such a gorgeous tone!! Def an exhaust that has to be experienced to appreciate it. You going to the big renault meet in april?

Just as a reference, Jamsport are now an Akrapovic dealer! :smile:

Hey Mike, car is looking awesome! Just on the subject of the exhaust, as you say this system let's you keep the pre-cat in the standard Clio manifold right? I assume this is enough to get you through MOT? What other engine mods if any do you have at the moment?

Cheers

Cheers mate. It will be fine on an MOT, no worries there. The pre cat is built into the Y piece which is supplied with the exhaust, so there is nothing standard on the system as it were. Nothing other than an ITG filter. The car is going in on tuesday eve and i get it back friday when all the other mods will be done.

Cheers mate. It will be fine on an MOT, no worries there. The pre cat is built into the Y piece which is supplied with the exhaust, so there is nothing standard on the system as it were. Nothing other than an ITG filter. The car is going in on tuesday eve and i get it back friday when all the other mods will be done.

Awesome, so literally you get everything you need from the exhaust (including the pre cat) and it all bolts/welds into place perfectly by the sounds of it?

When you say it will get through the MOT ok do you mean it will meet emissions or that you know an MOT tester?

Dan-everything you need is supplied mate.

Ben-no i dont no the MOT tester lol it will meet emissions.

Is a tough one!! The exhaust does change the car for the better but, the v3's have given me so much fun!! Think id go coilovers.

Im getting:
Shrick cams
Inlets matched
Remap
Got the Akrapovic fitted early so i could go to bedford and get it sound tested last weekend (85db if anyones interested)
Full geo setup on my V3's
1 degree of camber at the front
and the front splitter

Im getting:
Shrick cams
Inlets matched
Remap
Got the Akrapovic fitted early so i could go to bedford and get it sound tested last weekend (85db if anyones interested)
Full geo setup on my V3's
1 degree of camber at the front
and the front splitter

sounds great Mike,

what gains are you expecting from those mods.

Not a clue mate, standard on there dyno it ran 198 so ever the optimist id say between 215-220. A nice genuine 15-20 bhp would be good. However just bolting the exhaust on (unmapped) didnt make a lot more peak power but boosted everything from about 2000rpm onwards, wasnt flat in the midrange and sang all the way to 7.5k! Once its mapped in sync with the other mods, then it should start to work better. So as long as it drives much better and has more grunt ill be happy, its not all about the peak power, thats not why im doing this. But obviously the more ponies i can brag with down the pub the better lol :wink: But it should be good tho to be honest.

i must say the Akrapovic exhaust is getting some great reviews atm.

whos doing the work for you Jamsport ?

Sounds good mate. Schrick cams, which ones are they? Could i make a suggestion and get it skimmed while the head is off to increase the compression and phwarrr LOL oh and maybe throw some meggy 230 injectors on there :smile:

Think shrick only do one set for the 197 dude, from the spec i looked at its very similar to yours, the lift and duration are just a smidge higher then yours so im looking forward to seeing how it drives :smile: To be honest woody I'm out of money, spent so much Inc wheels + mods! Lol!! Plus I also wanna book the ring at the weekend, which is quite important :wink: maybe I'll do it after. Did it do a lot on yours then mate?

Yes chappo jamsport are doing all my work bud.

Last edited:
That's a serious list of work you're having done, should make a nice difference

And I love the tips, roughly what sort of price are they?

Tbh i never really got to see the difference between the 2 stages. The car was un taxed ans un insured while the work was going on but when i jumped back in it for first time after it was done. Errrmmmm i can only say wow. I got a 30 second drive on cams nothing else and it felt more revvy and free. Im kinda used to the power now so feels normal but i think if u do it as you are and spread it out u will enjoy the gains more. Skimming and pressure testing would be nice to gain a few more horsies. U need deep pockets to get power but.......... Its worth it :smile:

Oh yes, very pricey but its worth it in the end!! Just cant wait to get it back!!!

Dunno ben, have to wait to see the final invoice lol