LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Mike,

Just caught up with your progress thread. So I see Jamsport eventually turned out not to be doing the quality you expected. But now you have had both a very seriously quick supercharged and turbo on the engine/car (probably not been done that many times). So when they were working and similar power (maybe by the seat of your pants) which do you prefer? If it was going to cost similar to get similar power/torque would you go turbo? I dont know why but i just like the idea of supercharged.
I am in Australia - so dont have the same options for workshops with experience you do. Maybe I should bang my head on a wall for a while till I come to my senses?

Thanks!

Mike,

Just caught up with your progress thread. So I see Jamsport eventually turned out not to be doing the quality you expected. But now you have had both a very seriously quick supercharged and turbo on the engine/car (probably not been done that many times). So when they were working and similar power (maybe by the seat of your pants) which do you prefer? If it was going to cost similar to get similar power/torque would you go turbo? I dont know why but i just like the idea of supercharged.
I am in Australia - so dont have the same options for workshops with experience you do. Maybe I should bang my head on a wall for a while till I come to my senses?

Thanks!

Its a tough one. The turbo has fantastic torque, really is great! But the sound and the revs of the supercharger was also amazing!

I think if i was to do it all again knowing what i know now, I would supercharge it to 350 and leave it. The handling of the clio on clubsports and with a diff is unreal, and i think being fwd the clio is better suited when on the limit to having a linear power band. It just feels like you have a massive engine, no torque spikes.

However this is ultimate setup talk. For a road car, defo meg as its much easier, but for track stuff I think a well mapped forged SC will be more fun imo. The noise at 8,000 rpm really did have to be witnessed, most angry thing ive ever heard in my life!

Both have pro's and cons, Ideally I'd love both lol!