LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Well i picked up my car from bolton on friday! The journey to get the car where it is today has been filled with ups and downs from the very start, so the idea of giving the car to ste @SC auto's to turbo was to make it reliable again and make it useable. No dash lights, error messages, inaccurate fuel gauge, terrible to start etc etc. I was extremely fed up with how even after about 8.5k shoved in the car STILL never ran as it should supercharged, lying dyno figures and excuses a plenty were given to me, and blatantly ripped off in some areas. So off the car went to fix and repair some terrible wiring and some seriously bodged up work!

So now the car has had, a meg 225 hybrid, 197 cams, 250 inlet mani and throttle body, SC autos 3" hard pipe/intercooler kit, R26 ECU, and lots of other bits.

The car is running a healthy safe 310 bhp and 300 lbft, there is more to come as the engine is fully forged and has fuel system but it will be done in stages. I also have ready and waiting a boost controller to be fitted. While i was there we also fitted my 200 recaro covers that i have had sat around for 4 years lol. They are brand spanking new and really freshen the car up!

The car performs great, pulls really hard to the redline and as so effortless to drive! And coupled with nankang NS2r's, KW V3's and a Quaife it is so hooked up through the corners, there is no slip as all. The whole experience of driving it is epic, it feels standard! No issues at all! Cant wait to put some more through it!!

I gave it a wash today so here are some pics :smile:

IMG_1678.gif

IMG_1680.gif

IMG_1682.gif

IMG_1684.gif

IMG_1686.gif

IMG_1688.gif

IMG_1690.gif

IMG_1694.gif

IMG_1696.gif

IMG_1708.gif

I'm a very happy bunny mate, power aside, the drive of the car is amazing. For the 1st time ever, the car feels connected with all my previous mods and feels like an actual normal car again. Ste will tell you, the really was a lot of random **** on there that really didnt need to be there! Just goes to show the difference between a company that actually spends time developing things compared to one only interested in ££££!

We held back on power because we are gonna use it along with a megane to sort out the VVT. He's gonna hopefully sort it on the megane 225 with a 250 engine, then Im gonna get mine done as soon as he is happy with it, so then we will go and get as much as we can from the turbo. Also he wants to do yours before he moves because of your 'lean' issue so it was best for everyone that he can get that done before he moves then i go back when there is more development done.

He really is ****ing good at this stuff. He truly has gone above the call of duty on these conversions, the amount of time and stuff he does just to get it working that wont even appear on the bill is unreal, never known a tuner so honest. An example is my turbo broke an actuator, so just so i could get it that day, he sent someone to forge to pick one up so i didnt have to wait till monday. Big thanks to ste! He's restored all my faith in modding and my car because to be honest is was really ****ing fed up and loosing interest in the whole thing big time!!

That yellow hard pipe works well on your car. I'm gonna hate it on mine.

Its good that you're finding interest again. Nothing worse than owning a potentially decent bit of kit and feeling "meh" about it.

I'm a very happy bunny mate, power aside, the drive of the car is amazing. For the 1st time ever, the car feels connected with all my previous mods and feels like an actual normal car again. Ste will tell you, the really was a lot of random **** on there that really didnt need to be there! Just goes to show the difference between a company that actually spends time developing things compared to one only interested in ££££!

We held back on power because we are gonna use it along with a megane to sort out the VVT. He's gonna hopefully sort it on the megane 225 with a 250 engine, then Im gonna get mine done as soon as he is happy with it, so then we will go and get as much as we can from the turbo. Also he wants to do yours before he moves because of your 'lean' issue so it was best for everyone that he can get that done before he moves then i go back when there is more development done.

He really is ****ing good at this stuff. He truly has gone above the call of duty on these conversions, the amount of time and stuff he does just to get it working that wont even appear on the bill is unreal, never known a tuner so honest. An example is my turbo broke an actuator, so just so i could get it that day, he sent someone to forge to pick one up so i didnt have to wait till monday. Big thanks to ste! He's restored all my faith in modding and my car because to be honest is was really ****ing fed up and loosing interest in the whole thing big time!!

he really is the dogs do dars aint he.

he aint moving closer to the south is he? lol

That yellow hard pipe works well on your car. I'm gonna hate it on mine.

Its good that you're finding interest again. Nothing worse than owning a potentially decent bit of kit and feeling "meh" about it.

I saw it on yours a few weeks ago, i thought it looked good mate, matches all the other yellow bit's. Doesnt look rubbish at all. I nearly didnt do it, but just though 'a **** it, its hidden anyway' lol but i love it!

No mate, I'm gonna move up instead lol!

I don't post much on here any more as i no longer have a 200, but your SC experience with JamSport sounds much the same as mine.

I had my Fiesta ST Supercharged by them back in 2009 and the car blew up at 3am on the way home. It was only kicking out 250bhp... Got a new engine(!) fitted and it never run right in 4 months. Stalling, idling at 4,000rpm and a million other issues. Worst money I had ever spent. When I finally got the piece of s*** removed I later found over 20 loose bolts in the engine bay and lots of other bodges, missing brackets, nuts... you name it. Would never take my car back there for a service, let alone anything else.

Anyway, the Clio now looks great. Enjoy it mate.

Last edited:
Its projects like this that make me regret selling the 200.

Car looks bad ass.

Surely more than 310bhp is overkill though?

Car's looking super sick as always Lord Robinson. Insane that you've basically built two of the best/fastest cars on the site now haha.

Car's looking super sick as always Lord Robinson. Insane that you've basically built two of the best/fastest cars on the site now haha.

Cheers bud :smile: I never thought of it like that lol! I cant wait to get more boost out of it, the car drives so well!

Noddie, will be fine mate, honestly its not difficult to drive at all, no drama or slip, diff and good tyres work wonders! :smile: I dont have to hold back one bit!

ste is the man for these conversions wish id of took mine straight to him in the first place he takes a bit of time getting stuff done but its always right and always on the end of the phone when you have a problem top bloke

I've heard figures mentions of about 360 achievable for a 250 engine so as yours is fully forged...that could go high 300's?

360 is the limit because of the turbo. The engine will be good for 500+ to be honest. But only if I went for a different manifold and turbo. It might do more than that but the turbo is good for about 1.6 bar so it prob won't last long running more than 1.6. Your just chasing numbers after that. I want a decent 350 to be honest.

[MENTION=193]MikeLYR27[/MENTION] what's the make of your forged parts? As I'm now adding stuff to the shopping list and want to know what everyone has got forged wise.

Alsois this just running on a 250 turbo or ste's hybrid turbo?