LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Yeah he fixed my ABS and traction control and sorted my headlight! Did a cracking job!!! :smile:

Yes mate I am massively chuffed. Feels so quick, just so much more grunt top end!! Love it mate lol!! Very pleased :smile:

Not a lot. Insurance has gone up anyway so it's hard to gauge. But I'm 25 and clean licence etc. Think maybe gone up £80 ish.

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Not the best pics, but its just to show you its on!! The Supercharger sounds immense!!!! Be ready and finished for the end of the week, all ready for sundays national meet :smile:

Nice work, may be the first to sucessfully charge one, which would be good to see....that cars turning into a crack habit lol....The engine mods must stand you at 7 grand +. What do you hope the final bhp to be. I'm guessing close to 280-290 bhp. Can the standard internals manage that???? Fingers crossed for you cause its rehab if you start talking rebuilds.

Hats off to you, you'd must be close to building the most extreme clio in the country.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic and i bet it will shift like an animal. But litchy he won't be the first to charge one successfully, Sean's R27 is fully charged.

But can't wait to see a video or something of it.

Yeah the last update we got was that he was on one of many engines but i was speaking to him on facebook and its all finished on a 197 engine if i remember correctly.

Nice work, may be the first to sucessfully charge one, which would be good to see....that cars turning into a crack habit lol....The engine mods must stand you at 7 grand +. What do you hope the final bhp to be. I'm guessing close to 280-290 bhp. Can the standard internals manage that???? Fingers crossed for you cause its rehab if you start talking rebuilds.

Hats off to you, you'd must be close to building the most extreme clio in the country.

Its going to be running a safe 260'ish. It will be fine on the standard internals. Had a long chat with jamsport about it. Think 280 really would be pushing it. It will be fine as it is!! The sound is just f*cking awesome lol!!! At has got a bit out of hand lol

Quite suprised sean hasnt posted anything? All a bit quiet?

edit-this is also on standard cams, my cams will push it up as will.

Raptor, i have no idea, i know they are lairy. Search on simoxmino's thread, he posted them up somewhere mate.

Thanks for the replies :smile:

Last edited:
Looks fantastic and i bet it will shift like an animal. But litchy he won't be the first to charge one successfully, Sean's R27 is fully charged.

But can't wait to see a video or something of it.

Yeah the last update we got was that he was on one of many engines but i was speaking to him on facebook and its all finished on a 197 engine if i remember correctly.

I guess the questions is 'to date' no one as actually seen, heard, sat in, drove in, seen on facebook or youtube a charged 197. The question is WHY NOT?

Bic pulled out...but it appears what the charger was fitted and good to go within 10 days of removing it from Bics? Seans on his third engine, Woody was couldn't do it.....others who have gone down the R26 route haven't either......Lets hope this will prove to be more successful than others.

I guess the questions is 'to date' no one as actually seen, heard, sat in, drove in, seen on facebook or youtube a charged 197. The question is WHY NOT?

Bic pulled out...but it appears what the charger was fitted and good to go within 10 days of removing it from Bics? Seans on his third engine, Woody was couldn't do it.....others who have gone down the R26 route haven't either......Lets hope this will prove to be more successful than others.

bottom line is, my conversion would of been done last year if the companies i went with pull their fingers at of them backsides, hence why i'm still waiting

well done mike, hope all goes well, keep us up to date :smile: